Max Payne 2

vampireblood

CAGiversary!
Max_Payne_2.jpg

One of my favourite games of all time is Max Payne 2, from it's style, gameplay and storyline it has to be the closest game to perfection I've ever seen.

I'm currently playing through the game again (had some sort of weird moment with Stranglehold) where I thought to myself "hmmm Max Payne or Max Payne 2 is 10X better than this game."

The game came out October 15 2003 according to Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Max_Payne_2

And having changed monitors, graphics cards, computers etc.

This game hasn't aged as much as I thought it would. I thought it might look like crap but with everything turned on high with AA on 8X it looks great and plays how it did when I bought the game 5 Years ago.

What are your opinions of this game? Have you played it? do you like it? would you like a squeal?

Are you excited about the movie which is coming out?

Also Max Payne 3.

The end credits of the game hint at a sequel, which at one time was officially announced by the developer. It is planned in 2009 that will be a new sequel "Max Payne 3"

[quote name='vampireblood']
What are your opinions of this game? Have you played it? do you like it? would you like a squeal?
[/quote]

It didn't do anything for me. Compared to MP 1, I thought the environments were dull, and the story wasn't as compelling. I hate that "flashback to the future" nonsense they used for storytelling in MP2. What is he, psychic all of a sudden? I missed the nightmare sequences from the first game too, it really helped set the mood.

If they do a sequel, I won't play it unless they fix that herky-jery run-only control scheme. Either add analog support, or at least a damn walk key.

How a harsh critic and I love that in a person.

Yes the always running is annoying I've found while playing.

As for the environments, They are brilliant, once you get past the first few levels. The flashbacks to the future is part of the story telling because it starts at the start via a Graphic novel style (One reason why I love this game so fricking much)

The nightmare sequences appear toward the end of the game while he is going more mentally unstable and right at the start.

In far of improvements, Better physics, better graphics, equally good storyline. I can't see why you don't like it on par with Max Payne 1 or even better. I would recommend going back and playing it again.

The gameplay is sooo repetitive though. I mean, the mechanics are cool for a little bit, but the act of firing a gun just isn't satisfying in this game, so it gets old pretty fast.

Yeah I played through Max Payne 2 (and 1) for the first time about a year ago. The graphics in 2 are still fairly modern looking and even 1 doesn't look that bad to me. I really like the over-the-top storyline and bullet time. I really do want a solid sequel to Max Payne 2 (the ending left a sour taste in my mouth) and they did promise one at the end of the credits, but I don't think it sold very well. The team that made the Max Payne games is working on Alan Wake right now, but hopefully after that game (which looks amazing so far) they will get to work on a sequel.

Also I heard they were working on a Max Payne movie, but I don't know very much about it. So far all I know is Mark Wahlberg is going to be the star.

[quote name='DrFoo']Yeah I played through Max Payne 2 (and 1) for the first time about a year ago. The graphics in 2 are still fairly modern looking and even 1 doesn't look that bad to me. I really like the over-the-top storyline and bullet time. I really do want a solid sequel to Max Payne 2 (the ending left a sour taste in my mouth) and they did promise one at the end of the credits, but I don't think it sold very well. The team that made the Max Payne games is working on Alan Wake right now, but hopefully after that game (which looks amazing so far) they will get to work on a sequel.

Also I heard they were working on a Max Payne movie, but I don't know very much about it. So far all I know is Mark Wahlberg is going to be the star.[/quote]

Ahhh but did you finish the ending on the hardest difficulty? Something many many gamers didn't do. You'll be surprised how the game ends if you do so.

Let's just say something unexpected happens to Mona instead of the regular ending.

Max Payne 2 was the only game I can recall in recent history where I loved to just hit the quick-load button and play through the same gun battle over and over.

Throwing grenades and seeing shit fly around in slo-mo was always awesome.

Yeah easily one of my top 50 games of all time on my IGN collection. I liked the first one better but not by much.

Heres hoping the sequel sees the day of light by 2010. I heard the only reason a sequel wasn't released right away was due to lack of sales, but I fail to see how pushing it back would increase sales, rather deter them. Unless your Duke Nukem of course.

[quote name='magiic']I've never played either :O[/quote]

You should go out and buy this game. It's very cheap off ebay and well worth the cash.

If you have PC this game will run on way older hardware (since the game did come out in 2003)

[quote name='vampireblood']Ahhh but did you finish the ending on the hardest difficulty? Something many many gamers didn't do. You'll be surprised how the game ends if you do so.

Let's just say something unexpected happens to Mona instead of the regular ending.[/QUOTE]

No I just played through it on normal. Thanks for the excuse to play through it again :)

[quote name='vampireblood']Ahhh but did you finish the ending on the hardest difficulty? Something many many gamers didn't do. You'll be surprised how the game ends if you do so.

Let's just say something unexpected happens to Mona instead of the regular ending.[/quote]
Great ... time to dig that game out of the closet.

Just for that ... Lets all play Deus Ex again!

[quote name='Kyo']Great ... time to dig that game out of the closet.

Just for that ... Lets all play Deus Ex again![/quote]

Rofl, another great game.

I liked a gaming a whole lot more back then.

Although at the moment I'm playing through Rainbow Six Vegas 2 for PC and loving it.

SO much better on PC! Controls!

Let's just say something unexpected happens to Mona instead of the regular ending.[/quote]Sonuvabitch. As if I didn't have enough games to play through, now I have a reason to play Max Payne again? AAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaugh...

bread's done
Back