Max Payne 3 Ps3/360 $25. Amazon free shipping.

[quote name='FerDK']Amazon - Free Shipping

:ps3:
Max Payne 3 $25

:360:
Max Payne 3 $25[/QUOTE]

Good for Amazon by making it $25 and not $24.99, forcing those of us without prime to have to spend more just to get free shipping.

For those who are willing to wait, I definitely see this game hitting $20 MSRP or at the very least being sub $20 on Black Friday.

CE is at $50 or so right now. Cheaper at Amazon warehouse. If you look through the threads you should be able to find it.

I liked MP3 but I wouldn't go any higher than $20 for it. It's a must-play at that price, though. The last setpiece in the game is super amazing and worth the price of entry all by itself.

Honestly, this is one of those series that I never got into, even though I loved GTA. I remember almost picking up one time on clearance waaaaaaaay back at Media Play (when they still existed) but decided to get something else. So my question is...is MP3 a decent standalone title, or would it be better to play the others first for the story?

[quote name='Double-J']Honestly, this is one of those series that I never got into, even though I loved GTA. I remember almost picking up one time on clearance waaaaaaaay back at Media Play (when they still existed) but decided to get something else. So my question is...is MP3 a decent standalone title, or would it be better to play the others first for the story?[/QUOTE]

I'd say it's fine by itself.

All you really need to know is that Max Payne is a depressing drunk. And then MP3 kind of fills in the story through flashbacks.

[quote name='Double-J']Honestly, this is one of those series that I never got into, even though I loved GTA. I remember almost picking up one time on clearance waaaaaaaay back at Media Play (when they still existed) but decided to get something else. So my question is...is MP3 a decent standalone title, or would it be better to play the others first for the story?[/QUOTE]

I played the first one years ago back when it came out and skipped the second, so I was pretty clueless about the story. MP3 does a good job of hitting the key points of the previous games' plots though so I didn't feel like I missed anything.

i haven't played the other mp games but this one carries itself and gives you some flashbacks...i really enjoyed it...

[quote name='Duetschbag']CE is at $50 or so right now. Cheaper at Amazon warehouse. If you look through the threads you should be able to find it.[/QUOTE]
A short while ago (maybe 3 weeks ago) I was able to get the Special Edition for $36 at Buy.com (found out because of a thread here). They bumped up the price now, but it might go down again. It could be worth checking back once in awhile to see if it happens.

bread's done
Back