Max Payne 3 (PS3, 360, PC) - $44.99 Best Buy + FS

[quote name='Gamer4life88']PS3 and 360 versions are also available at this price. I'm going to PM my copy later today.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up. I edited the OP.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']World the $20 off for GCU Members work on this? I have credit to use so I wouldn't mind snagging this game.[/QUOTE]

The coupon expired yesterday.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']World the $20 off for GCU Members work on this? I have credit to use so I wouldn't mind snagging this game.[/QUOTE]

I believe that coupon expired yesterday.

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']The coupon expired yesterday.[/QUOTE]

Alright, thanks for the heads up. I checked the Reward Zone offers and couldn't find it. :cry: I'll wait on it then.

[quote name='Gamer4life88']PS3 and 360 versions are also available at this price. I'm going to PM my copy later today.[/QUOTE]

I purchased Max Payne 3 last week for $59.99 w/ $20 off GCU coupon, would I be able to price match it with the sale to receive the $15 back? Sorry for the question if it's stupid, but i have never PM a game before.

[quote name='Glak18']I purchased Max Payne 3 last week for $59.99 w/ $20 off GCU coupon, would I be able to price match it with the sale to receive the $15 back? Sorry for the question if it's stupid, but i have never PM a game before.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I want to know this as well. It shouldn't be a problem except the receipt says $39.99 with the $20 coupon.

I don't know if they will look at it and say no because of it.

[quote name='Glak18']I purchased Max Payne 3 last week for $59.99 w/ $20 off GCU coupon, would I be able to price match it with the sale to receive the $15 back? Sorry for the question if it's stupid, but i have never PM a game before.[/QUOTE]

would like to know as well. I did the same thing

Not a stupid question by any means. But not gonna happen.

They look at what you paid, not what the actual price was. Since you only paid 39.99 there is no discount to give.

Pretty silly to me (tried to do the same thing with AC:R to get it for free basically but no dice. My receipt even showed the original price before coupon and tried to argue the fact that regardless of coupon the PRICE was higher than it was currently, 19 vs 29 and that I should get a discount from the PRICE. They dont see it that way and go by what you PAID....)

[quote name='kilik64']Not a stupid question by any means. But not gonna happen.

They look at what you paid, not what the actual price was. Since you only paid 39.99 there is no discount to give.

Pretty silly to me (tried to do the same thing with AC:R to get it for free basically but no dice. My receipt even showed the original price before coupon and tried to argue the fact that regardless of coupon the PRICE was higher than it was currently, 19 vs 29 and that I should get a discount from the PRICE. They dont see it that way and go by what you PAID....)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the response.

I already price matched Target when they had the game on sale for $50, can I price match again to get another $5 or is it a one time thing?

Does MP3 on PC have the Origin launcher or can i use Steam app with the serial? I cant even remember the last time I bought a physical cardboard box PC game lol

I know this has been answered before; but I'm arguing with myself...

I pre-ordered this game online for PC when it included a $20 GC (which I still haven't received, but that's another story altogether); but now I can't find my receipt anywhere. Since I purchased it and used my RZ card, will they look up the purchase on my RZ account and refund me the difference?

Thanks!

[quote name='mattcube64']I know this has been answered before; but I'm arguing with myself...

I pre-ordered this game online for PC when it included a $20 GC (which I still haven't received, but that's another story altogether); but now I can't find my receipt anywhere. Since I purchased it and used my RZ card, will they look up the purchase on my RZ account and refund me the difference?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

You can print off the receipt yourself from your MyRewardZone account if you have access to a printer.

[quote name='Az986']I already price matched Target when they had the game on sale for $50, can I price match again to get another $5 or is it a one time thing?[/QUOTE]

Yea, you can PM multiple times. You should get $5 back including some tax. I was able to PM the website using my phone even though the ps3 version says price available at check out. I got about $16 back and used it toward SSX and SCV.

If there is something else you need to buy from Best Buy, add it to this order to make it over $50, then do in-store pick up to get $10 savings code/gift card. Extra savings of $10 (well, assuming your filler item is something you were going to get anyways....).

I preordered Max Payne 3 (PS3) Back on 4/25 from BB.com with my Unlocked Membership. I picked up in store on May 15th and got my $20 gift card in my e-mail a week later. I called up BestBuy.com this morning and they refunded the $15 + tax. Also they never sent me the DLC code for my preorder so they are sending me a $15 gift card through the mail that should get here in about a week. Great Deal.

[quote name='caMOFOg']Target also has this game on sale for 44.99 and it also comes with GTA IV.[/QUOTE]

Is that sale still live? I'm going to Target this morning and would love to jump on that! The website shows it as MSRP.

EDIT: Yes, yes it is. I just picked up MP3 and it came with GTA IV packaged together. Sweet!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='lectersvictim']I preordered Max Payne 3 (PS3) Back on 4/25 from BB.com with my Unlocked Membership. I picked up in store on May 15th and got my $20 gift card in my e-mail a week later. I called up BestBuy.com this morning and they refunded the $15 + tax. Also they never sent me the DLC code for my preorder so they are sending me a $15 gift card through the mail that should get here in about a week. Great Deal.[/QUOTE]

I forgot about the DLC code; I never got it either.

Is it out? I haven't been playing Max Payne much.

[quote name='caMOFOg']Target also has this game on sale for 44.99 and it also comes with GTA IV.[/QUOTE]

Not seeing this deal anywhere....

[quote name='Gamer4life88']Yea, you can PM multiple times. You should get $5 back including some tax. I was able to PM the website using my phone even though the ps3 version says price available at check out. I got about $16 back and used it toward SSX and SCV.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. The employee was funny; he saw that I had already price matched for $50 so after he gave me the $5 back he said let me get a stapler so I can add this receipt to your collection and told me he'd see me in a couple weeks lol.

To bad my price match window is just about up.

I had a $15 reward zone coupon so all I needed to get Soul Calibur and SSX was the money I got back.

[quote name='lectersvictim']I preordered Max Payne 3 (PS3) Back on 4/25 from BB.com with my Unlocked Membership. I picked up in store on May 15th and got my $20 gift card in my e-mail a week later. I called up BestBuy.com this morning and they refunded the $15 + tax. Also they never sent me the DLC code for my preorder so they are sending me a $15 gift card through the mail that should get here in about a week. Great Deal.[/QUOTE]

You shouldnt have gotten a DLC code yet, the DLC aint out yet...

Anyone know if the game is really worth $64.64? Been debating on getting but after release it did not live up to my expectations.

[quote name='tightclaws']Not seeing this deal anywhere....[/QUOTE]

It seems that caMOFOg is correct. I also have to give credit to jdpack at SD where I initially saw the offer Target: Max Payne 3 + Grand Theft Auto IV (PS3) $49.99. Although it appeared the price was $49.99 from $59.99 Target confirmed its on sale through July 14th for $44.99 as caMOFOg indicated. The sku according to the Target Employee is 207240598. The GTA IV game bundled with Max Payne 3 apparently has barcode albeit obstructed from view by a label with the wording "Part of A Bundle Not For Individual Sale". I understand the PS3 GTAIV game in the bundle is Greatest Hits. Best of Luck

Max Payne 3 Grand Theft Auto IV (PS3) Unboxing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3S-9Kp-K0-o

Last edited by a moderator:
I was able to head in and get $15 off today... Here's where I am on this game:

Initial purchase: $60
Gift Card Promo: -$20
RZ cert for late GC: -$20
RZ coupon from last week: -$20
Price match today: -$15

All in all I've MADE $15 so far... And I haven't traded it in yet.

ok, i didnt get a 20 cert for late gift card, i understand that.
but how did you get them to take 20 off rz coupon, and then another 15 price match today?
they were only able to do a return/rebuy to get coupon to work and that went from 60 to 40. i think it would be hard to tell them that was a rz deal but this is a price match and they are different?

[quote name='txag06']I was able to head in and get $15 off today... Here's where I am on this game:

Initial purchase: $60
Gift Card Promo: -$20
RZ cert for late GC: -$20
RZ coupon from last week: -$20
Price match today: -$15

All in all I've MADE $15 so far... And I haven't traded it in yet.[/QUOTE]

oh, you forgot last one..

No Shame: $Priceless :)

but hey, if ur BB allows it, then good for you.

[quote name='Mike Mckay']Anyone know if the game is really worth $64.64? Been debating on getting but after release it did not live up to my expectations.[/QUOTE]

No, it's not worth 64 dollars at all. Save your money, rent it from redbox, whatever you have to do but don't buy it for 60+ dollars.

The game totally misses the marks of a Max Payne game. It lacks the Remedy charm. Seriously, it misses so much. Brazil is a terrible setting for Max Payne. Terrible! It felt like I was playing Farcry at times. At other times it felt like I was playing Call of Duty and Resident Evil 5.

It's just a bad game overall. bullet time is neat but gets exhausted after a few levels.

[quote name='TheOpusFuller']No, it's not worth 64 dollars at all. Save your money, rent it from redbox, whatever you have to do but don't buy it for 60+ dollars.

The game totally misses the marks of a Max Payne game. It lacks the Remedy charm. Seriously, it misses so much. Brazil is a terrible setting for Max Payne. Terrible! It felt like I was playing Farcry at times. At other times it felt like I was playing Call of Duty and Resident Evil 5.

It's just a bad game overall. bullet time is neat but gets exhausted after a few levels.[/QUOTE]

I hated the game at first as well. But it grew on me. I actually enjoyed the varied settings as some levels were on land, others on or around a boat. Sniping levels and driving while shooting levels. The game is very hard at first which turned me off too, but I got used to it. I loved the first MP, but the second was only okay to me. This is definately a Rockstar story and I enjpyed it.

bread's done
Back