Max Payne Movie Trailer

I gotta say...that wasn't bad. not bad at all. action sequences are spot on

Cant wait. However, how the hell did Jim Bravura turn into fucken Ludacris...I dont understand that.

it has been years since i played the original max payne. but the trailer doesnt look horrid, so i may infact end up seeing it.

It does not look bad at all. You can see some scenes from the game, although I am not sure what is up with the black angels, maybe the dream/drug sequences. Looks good though, I will see this for sure.

I've always had faith in Mark Wahlberg, and as a fan of both movies, I have to say.. this movie looks completely badass and I cannot wait to see it.

My only problem is Mila Kunis.

I absolutely cannot take her seriously after That 70's Show...plus I just don't like her.

It doesnt look bad at all. Maybe this will be the first video game movie that is more than just average.

But it has been so long I cant even remember what Max Payne was even about.

[quote name='Soodmeg']It doesnt look bad at all. Maybe this will be the first video game movie that is more than just average.

But it has been so long I cant even remember what Max Payne was even about.[/quote]

Yep. They should have done the movie not more than a year after the game released. Oh well. At worst, this will be a halfway decent popcorn flick or rental.

I loved the game but honestly I don't see how this would translate to the big screen. The games story wasn't anything that would win awards. Max Payne #2 has an even worse storyline by comparison.

Loved both of the Max Payne games and I've been eagerly anticipating this...the trailer looks good, and it appears to really capture the flavor of the games. Nice.

Points for actually getting the Ragnarok nightclub in there, too. Where's Baseball Bat Boy?

Just watched it again in HD at GameTrailers...nice use of Manson's "If I Was Your Vampire" in the background.

Looked it up on IMDB, too...from the director of 2006's shitty remake of the The Omen.

[quote name='bmachine']Just watched it again in HD at GameTrailers...nice use of Manson's "If I Was Your Vampire" in the background.

Looked it up on IMDB, too...from the director of 2006's shitty remake of the The Omen.[/QUOTE]

Ugh...and Flight of The Phoenix.

I hated that movie...then again, that might have been more due to bad writing.

[quote name='whoknows']Ugh...and Flight of The Phoenix.

I hated that movie...then again, that might have been more due to bad writing.[/quote]

The original is really good; I haven't seen the remake. Dr. House is in it, isn't he? I love that dude.

[quote name='bmachine']The original is really good; I haven't seen the remake. Dr. House is in it, isn't he? I love that dude.[/QUOTE]

Yeah he is, and he is awesome :D

Maybe I'll watch the original sometime for comparison purposes.

Doesn't look bad. Though it can end up being very horrible. Loved the Max Payne games so hopefully they do it justice, not expecting Picture of the year, but something entertaining and true to the source material.

Why is Luda in this? Jim was a fat old white deputy with glasses. lol.

Otherwise looked decent. Hopefully the movie sells decently so we can see a damn Max Payne 3.

post51123233670mr5.jpg

ludacris1xu4.jpg

The likeness is uncanny!

I'd like to see how the conversation went down.

Casting Director - "Alright, we got Mona Sax, Max and all the rest...we need a good actor for Jim Bravura, I'm looking for an older pudgy little man with a mustache"

Producer - How bout ludacris?

Casting Director: fuck this job.

Wow! That looks really, surprisingly,good. Wahlberg seems to be able to act the part well, just not look it. That's really the only bad thing I can think of atm.

I wish they could have gotten Clive Owen to be Max Payne, I like that fit a lot more. But it doesn't look bad. I played the game for a while but never finished it. Can someone explain me the angel/monster things?

All movie trailers look good. This movie (while I hope it is good) is destined to be thrown into the video game to movie adaptation shit pile.

[quote name='tokitoki50']I wish they could have gotten Clive Owen to be Max Payne, I like that fit a lot more. But it doesn't look bad. I played the game for a while but never finished it. Can someone explain me the angel/monster things?[/QUOTE]

After watching Shoot Em Up, Clive Owen is definitely perfect as Max Payne.

I've played both games, and I don't remember any angel/monsters in the games. Not even when the game goes into Max's mind.

Funny. It's a movie that's based off a game that's influenced by a movie (Matrix/Hard Boiled).

Looks great. We just have to hope and pray it's good. This could end up being the best movie based off a video game.

Well atleast if they make a Max Payne 2 movie
Luda won't last long cause Jim is shot right at the start during Max's flash back, and little is seen of him throughout the game

[quote name='joe2187']I'd like to see how the conversation went down.

Casting Director - "Alright, we got Mona Sax, Max and all the rest...we need a good actor for Jim Bravura, I'm looking for an older pudgy little man with a mustache"

Producer - How bout ludacris?

Casting Director: fuck this job.[/quote]

"Oh, yeah. I forgot about all that Affirmative Action" crap. Okay, get Luda on the phone."

Mumbling yet insightful narration: Check

Awesome action sequences with plenty of slow motion: Check

Gritty, dark setting: Check

A few questionable casting choices: Uh-oh

Damn you, Hollywood, and your casting of characters of ethnic groups who were not part of the original story/book/comic/tv show. Keep it real, for once and get some actors who most closely resemble the characters from the original concept!:bomb:

I'm still shaking my head at "Kojack" (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0439375/).

Looks like they are going to stay true with the comic-style artwork for the promos. But what's with the dual-wielding pistol flamethrowers?

What?

[quote name='mrelusive']Looks like they are going to stay true with the comic-style artwork for the promos. But what's with the dual-wielding pistol flamethrowers?

What?[/quote]

Bah! Those are just cigarette lighters turned up on the highest setting!:)

This actually makes me very interested in this movie, played Max Payne 1 and loved it, I dident care for part 2.....Mark Walhberg looks to do a pretty good job, liked him alot in Four Brothers

[quote name='shieryda']Damn you, Hollywood, and your casting of characters of ethnic groups who were not part of the original story/book/comic/tv show. Keep it real, for once and get some actors who most closely resemble the characters from the original concept!:bomb:

I'm still shaking my head at "Kojack" (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0439375/).[/quote]

To be fair, I kinda liked the new kojack and was sad to see it taken off only after like 6 shows.

However Telly Savalas is a pimp...as shown here

That is one smooth motherfucker.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J94-_w9ARX0

If nothing else, we'll probably get another Max Payne game out of this. Whether or not it'll be Max Payne 3 remains to be seen. It might be Max Payne: The Game of the Movie of the Game.

One thing I don't like is, word is Max Payne is PG-13. Neutered. Like Die Hard. Not balls-out. Like Rambo.

[quote name='lockarm']One thing I don't like is, word is Max Payne is PG-13.[/quote]

They said the same thing about Hitman.

bread's done
Back