Max Value on 360?

braves22

CAGiversary!
Does anyone have a tip on where I could trade in my old 360 for max value?

I couldnt get in on the GS trade-in towards the New 360-S as they wouldnt let me on the list as they maxed out their trade-ins in the area and now even with no 360-S coming in they also are giving a terrible offer to trade in my 360...

So yes, I ask, where can I get max value?

It's not a launch system and I could trade both my 120gb and 20gb HD's with it if I could transfer my files from the 120 GB drive before trade...

It's pre HDMI though...

That being said it's still in great condition no issues whatsoever and the only reason again that I am making it available is that I want the new slim

How much content is on your 120gb? When I upgraded to the 360 slim (through the gamestop deal), instead of transferring HDD data after the trade (since that would mean the HDD trade-in credit couldn't be applied toward the slim), I put my profiles, game saves (basically everything but game installs) on a flash drive. It was a tight fit - about eight gigabytes, but I transferred it onto the new 360 and then re-downloaded all the other stuff. It was a bit of a hassle (transferring licenses especially) but I got it done. Depending on how much data you have on your HDD, maybe you could try it.

Sorry about gamestop not following through for you. Unfortunately, it looks like amazon will only give you about $70 credit for the console and both HDDs. Have you heard of a store called Play N Trade? They're located west of the Mississippi river (I think), and from my experience they offer better trade-in values than gamestop. They also accept original Xboxes as well (though you'll only get $15 max for one).

Well, let me put it this way, I would need a bunch of flash drives or hours upon hours to redownload info as my HD is 100/120 GB full...

Also, I live in IL so going to that place would cost more than even the awful Amazon offer.

Turns out I was wrong about Play N Trade locations. There are several locations in Illinois (but most are in the Chicago area; one is in the St. Louis, MO suburbs).

Go to google maps and type in "Play N Trade Illinois" if you happen to live near Chicago or the St. Louis suburbs.

I think it's worth a shot to call them and ask for trade-in values (they don't list their values online), since amazon's offers are indeed awful.

If their values aren't high enough, ebay/craigslist might be the only option then. Unfortunately, the lack of an HDMI port is going to lower its value.

[quote name='mis0']Craigslist that beezy.

You should get a better value for sure and it'll be cold, hard cash.[/QUOTE]

I, too, am looking to trade up from my old 360 to the slim. On craigslist, what price would you recommend listing it as if it comes with 2 controllers, all wires and cords, headset, and wireless adapter?

[quote name='CAHP19']I, too, am looking to trade up from my old 360 to the slim. On craigslist, what price would you recommend listing it as if it comes with 2 controllers, all wires and cords, headset, and wireless adapter?[/QUOTE]

I would recommend parting it out a bit. I think if you sold the 360 with 1 controller and all the hookups for 100, then sell the wireless adapter you can get probably about $50 on ebay or craigs list, about another $30 for the controller. Brings your total to $180 versus the probably $120 craigslisters would try to lowball you with.

bread's done
Back