May have to file my first claim with Paypal

moo

CAGiversary!
I bought a game off of a seller with some Paypal funds I had. I have an unverified account with a confirmed address and she is an unverified seller. I didn't know she was unverified since I rarely use Paypal.

She has 97% feedback and it's been 2 years since she started selling again. Now she's getting negatives and I suspect I'll be in that situation too and not get my game.

How do I go about getting a refund?

You open a dispute with PayPal and then after a day you can escalate it to a claim (or it might be that you file a claim and then escalate it to a dispute - semantics either way.) If you look at the payment details in your PayPal account there should be a link somewhere on that page to file a dispute/claim.

From there PayPal asks the seller for information and investigates and hopefully finds in your favor + is able to recover the money from the seller.

Normally you'd want to give the package enough time to allow for the infrequent slow delivery but if she's piling up negs and it seems obvious she's scamming people, probably best to jump on it early.

If you used a credit card for payment be sure to call your credit card company for a chargeback in case paypal is unable to recover your money.

unverified really doesn't mean anything. it's the "confirmed" address that matters. but if they are getting negs then it may be best to file this as soon as you can.

bread's done
Back