Mayday's Contest: 13 Months of Xbox Live Code

Mayday

CAGiversary!
Hey Guys, I have a a code for 13 months of Xbox Live what I no longer need as I don't have an Xbox anymore, so I decided to hold a contest on CAG!

Instructions:

All you've gotta do is reply in the thread what's your favourite feature on Xbox Live and why you like it so much.

I'll end the contest in one week, and will PM the winner.

Good Luck!

My favourite feutures has to be the fans, they keep my house so warm. It's great to have a console that works as central heating as well as a video game console.

The integration. You're just a few clicks away from online gaming, messaging friends, Netflix, Last.fm, free trials and demos...

My favourite feature is the fact that you can't migrate accounts across countries meaning i have a gold account on my NZ account that I
-can't add points to buy games with
-can't access UK content through even though i'm living in the UK e.g. betas, 1vs100
-can't make use of the Sky Player on Xbox because my UK account is silver, even though i've paid for BOTH services.

Though, the Indie games are cool. Too bad i can't play them while the xbox is offline.

Man, Mr naysayer :p I actually DO like live. SFIV matches were my life for a while.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it has to be the persistent online nature of the console.

Being forever online obviously means you can play online games with others, but it also allows for more such as downloading games, videos etc, looking at your friends profiles and games they've played, talking in party chat and more. I think the little things such as it giving you a message when a friend logs in or something like that all give you the feeling you're part of a community.

When I play a 360 game, even if i'm playing something like Oblivion or Fallout, I feel i'm connected with my friends, it's a very social experience. In comparison playing a game on a Wii or the old PS2 feels much more isolated.

It's hard to pick one defining 'best' feature of the Xbox Live package, but one that stands out a little more than the others must be the ability to play online multiplayer, and the ease with which that this service is delivered. At the click of a few buttons, you can be BAM! Thrown into a game that your friend is already playing and joining in! Of course the Party chat ability with this works wonders, as it enables you to play with friends and complete strangers, and also the ability to shut them up! Leaving you to only talk with the people you want to.

The indie games section, gives fledgling developers like myself chance to get off the ground!

Main reason for Gold is playing the Great Titles out there online but next comes Party Chat :D best feature to come in the Dashboard update.

I love the way that when you turn it on, it automatically senses that it's you, brings up your menu, then lets you get in the pod within 20 seconds of saying 'On' into the microphone.

Unless that's the Xbox 720, which one are you people on?

[quote name='Mayday']Just to let the people US commenting on the thread, this code is region protected and will not work on your accounts.[/QUOTE]
Are you certain? My UK account has had two US codes put on it with no trouble, I doubt they're only region-locked one way.

Best feature has to be the ability to trial all XBLA games, these have swung my decision to buy games more than once and now I have a collection of arcade games whereas my PS3 contains no PSN games at all simply because you can't try them first. Thankfully the XBLA trial versions have allowed me to try classics such as Braid which I most probably would've overlooked without being able to sample its gameplay first

[quote name='Mayday']All you've gotta do is reply in the thread what's your favourite feature on Xbox Live and why you like it so much.[/QUOTE]
That you have cross game chat/voice and everything is nicely integrated, if you are in a chat you do not even have to be playing the same game.
It just works across all things on your xbox 360.

That is the most valuable thing about xbox live.

And thank you for the contest :D

The Xbox LIVE Arcade by far.

Trials HD, Castle Crashers, Braid, Shadow Complex, Geometry Wars, ... and the list goes on. These downloadable games offer a different experience than your Halos and Call of Duty. An experience we didn't have in previous generations. And thanks to Microsoft's policy every game has a trial version. So they don't get overlooked.

The Partychat is really awesome. Beeing able to play different games and still talk to each other comes in handy all the time for me. Second place would go to all those cool arcade titles that come out regularly.

Although we had the chance to use voice communication on a console once before (Alien Front Online on Dreamcast), its a wonderful thing to be able to use voice chat any time over xbox live.

I would say video chat but not many games support that, unfortunately :cry:.

Indie Games are great because they're cheap and often are much more fun and original than the Live Arcade Games.

My favorite feature is... party chat, because it expands a gaming console into a social platform. Now, when I turn on my 360 first thing I do isn't play a game it's invite a couple of buds into a party to chat with. Many a few hours I've spent on the dashboard sat just talking with a number of other friends.

It would definitely have to be Party Chat. While XBL has tons of excellent features, it is by far the greatest by allowing me to be able to chat with my friends no matter what they're doing. If I'm playing Rock Band, a friend is playing Halo, and another friend is on Dead Space, we can talk, which adds so much more to my online experience, especially when I'm playing single player games.

Party chat just makes gaming into so much more of a social experience, and overall makes playing games so much more fun, which is why it is easily my favorite feature.

Personally? I love the fact that Xbox LIVE allows me to stay connected with my gaming friends regardless of where I am (xbox.com) and play with them anywhere in the world.

Damn, gutted I missed out on this.

But my reason would be Party Chat. It's so good being able to easily chat to my friends from all over the globe.

Well, it must be the achievements, for encouraging me to get the most out of the games I get to play, in addition to the friendly competition with my son.

Ok, the day has come to reveal the winner. I've read every one and have seen some great ones, but the winner is 'Xav' his really made me laugh, so the prize is yours. I'll PM you the code. Congrats! Be sure to see more competitions from me, I'm thinking maybe a £20 PSN card next or something.

[quote name='Xav']My favourite feutures has to be the fans, they keep my house so warm. It's great to have a console that works as central heating as well as a video game console.[/QUOTE]

EDIT: Haha, oh darn - i'm too late :(.

In the US can't you send microsoft points to eachother as gifts? I really like that idea, but we don't get it over here.
I love the fact I can start queuing up game downloads whilst at work and then having it on my 360 as soon as I get home is just brilliant.

[quote name='Mayday']Ok, the day has come to reveal the winner. I've read every one and have seen some great ones, but the winner is 'Xav' his really made me laugh, so the prize is yours. I'll PM you the code. Congrats! Be sure to see more competitions from me, I'm thinking maybe a £20 PSN card next or something.[/QUOTE]
I didn't realise it was a competition to see what answer you liked best.. Thought it was a random selection thing. Make sure to point that out next time and I think people might try harder..

bread's done
Back