McDonalds / Best Buy Buck redemption -- any Hassles?

bjkrautk

CAGiversary!
I'm putting this in the regional forum, rather than attaching it to the BB / McNopoly thread on the main Video Game Deals thread since I want to know about the local store policies, not the general operation of the game itself.

I have $ 18 in BBB (family - not all me), and I am likely to use them towards a video game in the near future. If you've read the main McD's thread, some stores have expanded their redemption policies to restrict video games to $3 (like DVDs or CD's) per title. I'd like to avoid that sort of treatment.

If you've stacked BBB on an in-store game purchase, without a hassle, please post the store location. (I'm most interested in the Milwaukee - Madison area, but feel free to post from anywhere in the Midwest.)

Thanks!

The only problem I had was trying to use a $3 one on a CD that came out the day I went to BB...I guess some places won't let you use them on new items for some reason.

Ill let you know what happens next week when i try to stack like $30-35 in BBB to purchase Mario DDR.

If you're going for in-store use it's insanely YMMV. I think you may have been able to get away with it more during the first week of the promotion, when the deal was fresh, but now it seems that every Tom, Dick, and Harry know all of the ins and outs of the BBBs and Best Buy is wising up really quickly. At least my local one is nice enough to allow $4 worth of BBB max on a single game (better than $3 and every little bit helps) and accepts it with a smile rather than a scowl.

Online, I think I remember reading that you can use up to three BBBs on a single game in your order but you can toss up to 40 codes on any particular order. So, if you find some cheap games you want and add them all up, you can probably get them for next to nothing. More expensive games...eh, there's the rub, I guess. I'll try it out once Bestbuy.com actually has more than two $9.99 or $14.99 games I would like that don't immediately hit backorder once I place an order.

YOU CAN USE AS MANY BBB BUCKS AS YOU WANT ON A GAME.

If they say otherwise in-store, call 1-888-best-buy, talk to a csr, and if they give you some speil, ask to talk to whomever is above them. They will more than likely help you out by calling the store, telling them to sell you the game, and in most cases (like mine earlier today at the Novi, MI Best Buy) you will get a $20 gift card to boot.

Seriously...as long as you are buying at max 3 of the same title (mario baseball, mario baseball, mario baseball) and are using less than $300, you are completely within the rules.

[quote name='Kapwanil']Online, I think I remember reading that you can use up to three BBBs on a single game in your order but you can toss up to 40 codes on any particular order.[/QUOTE]

i was able to use 12 codes (18 bb bucks) for one game online at bestbuy.com :D i bought capcom classics (original price of $20) for only $2.15 AFTER TAX, hehe!

[quote name='doraemonkerpal']i was able to use 12 codes (18 bb bucks) for one game online at bestbuy.com :D i bought capcom classics (original price of $20) for only $2.15 AFTER TAX, hehe![/QUOTE]

The one game I truly want at the moment...you just brought a tear to my eye. Guess I have a date with BB.com!

And thanks for the additional info, Nigel! I was considering doing that last week but the store was nice enough to let through my Red magazine coupon on Lunar: Dragon Song without a hastle or anything ($29.99, trouble getting the coupon to go through, the whole deal). I'll probably try again in a few weeks after I grab a few more BBBs.

[quote name='js1']Can't you use as many coupons as you want for a online order, and then just do a instore pick up?[/QUOTE]

Correct, from what I know at least there are no restrictions on video games, but they ARE on CD's and DVD's, but I heard nothing on video games so use away. I've heard people already use them before without a problem so you should be fine.

I used the $5 PS2 coupon, $1 McD's, and $5 Rewards coupon with zero hassle at the BB in Willow Grove, PA today. It took forever to ring up, and the people in back of me were pissed. But I saved $11. I'll need it for the Buy 2 Get 1 sale.

I had a little hassle in Fargo, ND. had $32 BBB, a $5 reward zone, and GGC. I had to explain to them that video games were not on the exclusion list. Then, they wouldn't take the GGC, but I didn't expect them to as the BBB are basicly coupons and GGC isn't stackable. So, 25 min later, I walked out with Mario DDR for $12.99, would have been nice to have $5 more off from the GGC, but aw well :)

Also, be warned, it appears if you use more then $25 on an item, they check your phone number to see if your a McD employee, so those that work there watch out.

[quote name='Rihan']I had a little hassle in Fargo, ND. had $32 BBB, a $5 reward zone, and GGC. I had to explain to them that video games were not on the exclusion list. Then, they wouldn't take the GGC, but I didn't expect them to as the BBB are basicly coupons and GGC isn't stackable. So, 25 min later, I walked out with Mario DDR for $12.99, would have been nice to have $5 more off from the GGC, but aw well :)

Also, be warned, it appears if you use more then $25 on an item, they check your phone number to see if your a McD employee, so those that work there watch out.[/QUOTE]

:lol: I saw two McDonald's employees digging through the garbage last night trying to get some BBB and pieces...

bread's done
Back