Mcdonalds contest from contest thread got me in some trouble

needler420

Banned
I got this message from Mcdonalds and i think its real and i think its because of the contest i found on this site. I'm a bit scared because i worked there 6 years ago also. Here is the message.

Dear Valued Mcdonalds customer

Our records indicate you previously elected to submit information to McDonald's in connection with one of our websites or promotions. We wanted to let you know there is a possibility that the limited information you provided to McDonald's through its websites or promotions was improperly accessed by an unauthorized third party.
images_spacer.png
By way of background, McDonald's asked Arc Worldwide, a long-time business partner, to develop and coordinate the distribution of promotional emails. Arc hired an email service provider, a standard business practice, to supervise and manage the email database. That email service provider has advised that its computer systems recently were accessed by an unauthorized third party, and that information, including information that you provided to McDonald's, may have been accessed by that unauthorized third party. Law enforcement officials have been notified and are investigating this incident.
images_spacer.png
McDonald's does not collect sensitive financial information, such as Social Security Numbers or credit card numbers, online or through email. As such, the information improperly accessed did not include this type of information. Rather, the limited information you provided to McDonald's included information required to confirm your age, a method to contact you (such as name, mobile phone number, and postal address and/or email address), and other general preference information. In the event that you are contacted by someone claiming to be from McDonald's asking for personal or financial information, do not respond and instead immediately contact us at the number below so we can contact the authorities. Please remember, McDonald's would not ask for that type of information online or through email.

Any one know whats this about?

Last edited by a moderator:
Why are you scared because you worked there? It has nothing to do with that. Whatever info you submitted to them was possibly accessed by a third party. Meaning there's a chance someone took your info from them. So, in the 1 in a million chance someone calls you claiming they're from McDonald's and they need your Social Security number over the phone, don't give them any info.

I get something like this every now and then from companies that actually have important information, but nothing ever comes of it. They're just obligated to inform you that there's a chance something could.

[quote name='Nikadimas']Why are you scared because you worked there? It has nothing to do with that. Whatever info you submitted to them was possibly accessed by a third party. Meaning there's a chance someone took your info from them. So, in the 1 in a million chance someone calls you claiming they're from McDonald's and they need your Social Security number over the phone, don't give them any info.

I get something like this every now and then from companies that actually have important information, but nothing ever comes of it. They're just obligated to inform you that there's a chance something could.[/QUOTE]

I already know not to give any info out just curious as to why i was the target. Oh well it be funny if i hear someone getting arrested for trying to steal my info lmao

Dude YOU weren't the target - a database of information was, and your information just-so-happened to be there. Thus, you got this mass e-mail as a measure of McDonald's trying to warn you about it.

I'm curious where you've moved on to, in your career. You obviously aren't too capable. I hope you never made me a hamburger.

[quote name='Dunvane']Dude YOU weren't the target - a database of information was, and your information just-so-happened to be there. Thus, you got this mass e-mail as a measure of McDonald's trying to warn you about it.

I'm curious where you've moved on to, in your career. You obviously aren't too capable. I hope you never made me a hamburger.[/QUOTE]

If i didn't make you a hamburger i probably built the roof over your head.

Doubtful, I'm actually in the construction/renovation industry. I certainly wouldn't hire someone like you.

I prefer quality above anything else.

[quote name='Dunvane']Dude YOU weren't the target - a database of information was, and your information just-so-happened to be there. Thus, you got this mass e-mail as a measure of McDonald's trying to warn you about it.

I'm curious where you've moved on to, in your career. You obviously aren't too capable. I hope you never made me a hamburger.[/QUOTE]
Lmao :applause:
Don't worry op the Hamburgler was just after some hamburgers not your identity.

[quote name='Dunvane']Doubtful, I'm actually in the construction/renovation industry. I certainly wouldn't hire someone like you.

I prefer quality above anything else.[/QUOTE]

And I certainly wouldn't hire someone with a cocky attitude like you.

[quote name='Dunvane']Doubtful, I'm actually in the construction/renovation industry. I certainly wouldn't hire someone like you.

Well congratulations, your post reeks of quality asshole. The sheer undiluted 100% refined USDA Choice Prick of your unprovoked douchebaggery has shown your quality character.

Wait, are you the guy that holds that stop sign on a pole on the side of the road? Sorry I blew past the stop sign the other day, I had an important meeting to get to.

[quote name='needler420']I got this message from Mcdonalds and i think its real and i think its because of the contest i found on this site. I'm a bit scared because i worked there 6 years ago also. Here is the message.

Dear Valued Mcdonalds customer

Our records indicate you previously elected to submit information to McDonald's in connection with one of our websites or promotions. We wanted to let you know there is a possibility that the limited information you provided to McDonald's through its websites or promotions was improperly accessed by an unauthorized third party.
images_spacer.png
By way of background, McDonald's asked Arc Worldwide, a long-time business partner, to develop and coordinate the distribution of promotional emails. Arc hired an email service provider, a standard business practice, to supervise and manage the email database. That email service provider has advised that its computer systems recently were accessed by an unauthorized third party, and that information, including information that you provided to McDonald's, may have been accessed by that unauthorized third party. Law enforcement officials have been notified and are investigating this incident.
images_spacer.png
McDonald's does not collect sensitive financial information, such as Social Security Numbers or credit card numbers, online or through email. As such, the information improperly accessed did not include this type of information. Rather, the limited information you provided to McDonald's included information required to confirm your age, a method to contact you (such as name, mobile phone number, and postal address and/or email address), and other general preference information. In the event that you are contacted by someone claiming to be from McDonald's asking for personal or financial information, do not respond and instead immediately contact us at the number below so we can contact the authorities. Please remember, McDonald's would not ask for that type of information online or through email.

Any one know whats this about?[/QUOTE]
Maybe the "unauthorized third party" just wanted some dirt on how to kill the Grimace. Foolish, because NOTHING can kill the grimace.

@dunvane - OP's just asking for help and happens to be shaken up a bit, you don't have to be an asshole about it. Get off your fucking high horse.

bread's done
Back