McDonalds - Free* Big Macs! (YMMV)

Tide123

CAG Veteran
I believe the deal is until the end of the month.. but I went through the drive through of a local McDonalds and there was a sign saying free big macs with any purchase after 10PM. I've tried this, and surely enough it works. I ordered small fries ($1 menu) and surely enough, they threw in a free big mac :) not sure if this is available everywhere..but I live in CA..bay area. Happy eating :)

Too bad i already got my FREE big mac from the Warriors scoring over 100 points (it was a given since the game went to double OT). I probably wont even use that though... just wanted to brag.

i go to macdonalds at like 12 two times a week after bowling lol... never got anything free... i live in nj could be why... but i'll ask next time

[quote name='cheapass Gundam']If it weren't for the fear of Mad Cow Disease I'd be all over this deal like white on rice.[/QUOTE]

Mad cow disease is all good and fine, but everyone is overlooking the real problem. The Big Macs are being given away free after 10 pm, because they know they'll just be throwing them away in a few hours. They've finally decided instead of throwing away the left over food at the end of the day, they'll make some customers happy with it instead. Now I doubt it will hurt anyone, but it's still pretty gross when you think about it.

[quote name='Levizk']Mad cow disease is all good and fine, but everyone is overlooking the real problem. The Big Macs are being given away free after 10 pm, because they know they'll just be throwing them away in a few hours. They've finally decided instead of throwing away the left over food at the end of the day, they'll make some customers happy with it instead. Now I doubt it will hurt anyone, but it's still pretty gross when you think about it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. You made me gag. :(

Why am I reading this thread.

i didn't see the movie, but didn't the guy in that movie eat way more than a regular person would eat? didn't he exagerated the amounts of food that he ate by eating like 5 big macs and like 3 orders of fries in one sitting?

[quote name='manofpeace20']And then we wonder why we are the fattest nation in the world. Ever watched Super Size Me?[/QUOTE]

Sickest movie ever.

Am I the only one a little suspicious about a FREE Bigmac...there has to be something wrong with it. I myself wouldn't be able to accept it...well yes I would, but thats besides the point.

[quote name='2poor']i didn't see the movie, but didn't the guy in that movie eat way more than a regular person would eat? didn't he exagerated the amounts of food that he ate by eating like 5 big macs and like 3 orders of fries in one sitting?[/QUOTE]

No, he really just eats approximately a value meal at each meal, and the rule he sets up is that he has to supersize it whenever he's asked. He doesn't seem to eat too much.

I highly recommend the movie. It's really done well and is quite interesting. If nothing else, it's very entertaining.

[quote name='Lina']Disgusting.[/QUOTE]

Yes it is. I buy a Big Mac every one or two years, when they have their $1 specials going on, just because everyone seems to like them. I guess I figure that at some point, I'll see what I'm missing. But, no. I always end up taking one bite and wanting to puke...

[quote name='Lina']Thanks. You made me gag. :(

Why am I reading this thread.[/QUOTE]

Because you are a masochist.:lol:

[quote name='whoknows']Am I the only one a little suspicious about a FREE Bigmac...there has to be something wrong with it. I myself wouldn't be able to accept it...well yes I would, but thats besides the point.[/QUOTE]

Of cousre there is something wrong with it! It's a Big Mac! :puke:

[quote name='Machikunas']No, he really just eats approximately a value meal at each meal, and the rule he sets up is that he has to supersize it whenever he's asked. He doesn't seem to eat too much.

I highly recommend the movie. It's really done well and is quite interesting. If nothing else, it's very entertaining.[/QUOTE]

Definitley worth a watch, very interesting/funny. And for you reading types

Fast Food Nation - http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...102-0587278-7204943?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

Up here in Davis, CA they had buy one get one free Big Macs during dinner time if I remember correctly. But sicne I don't have a car, I can't even take advantage of it once. O well...

On the topic of eating at McDonalds, the last time I ate there was last year during my family trip to SoCal. It was because we can't find anything to eat on the highway. Other than that, I don't think I ate at McDonalds for about 3-4 years.

[quote name='whoknows']Am I the only one a little suspicious about a FREE Bigmac...there has to be something wrong with it. I myself wouldn't be able to accept it...well yes I would, but thats besides the point.[/QUOTE]

They're PEOPLE!!!! Big Macs are made from PEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOPLE!!!!!!

after watching super size me, i doubt i will ever eat fast food again. good deal though, but i will probably lay down 5 bucks or so for lunch and get some quality food

[quote name='Levizk']Mad cow disease is all good and fine, but everyone is overlooking the real problem. The Big Macs are being given away free after 10 pm, because they know they'll just be throwing them away in a few hours. They've finally decided instead of throwing away the left over food at the end of the day, they'll make some customers happy with it instead. Now I doubt it will hurt anyone, but it's still pretty gross when you think about it.[/QUOTE]
\

they must changed the law if this was food they were going to toss out. I used to work at a fast food place and asked if i could take the left over food home to my dogs outside and they said "" Its against the law to give the food that is to be thrown out to anyone"

what is kind of stupid cause one night we tossed out like 20 big sandwitches and at least 50 cheeseburgers

McD's doesn't mass cook food anymore so there is no leftovers (well maybe at extreme peak hours), They use clamshell grills that allow them to cook a burger in 29 seconds. I used to be a manager at a McD's. If you want to ween yourself off of food from restaurants, just take the Serv-Safe course. The teach you about all the nasty food poisoning you can get at a restaurant (and how to avoid doing it in the first place if you are in the business).

I can see them fixing everything in my MCD's, so I know it's fresh from the time I order at least. I don't go to MCD's ofter though.

I think it's free because they've normally not been open past 9 or 10, so they're extending their hours and giving you a little something (beef patties, HAHAHA, I slay me) just to come out and order something off of their menu. It's probably a Cali thing since it seems like the others already have their McD's open past 9 or 10PM

bread's done
Back