Medal of Honor 2010 Stuff

[quote name='deadpool253']The Beta is amazing! Already have this game pre-ordered. Can't stop playing it. This is game of the year contender. Graphics are awesome, the two maps are very well balanced and the guns aren't overpowered. Just wish I could play as the Taliban :([/QUOTE]

yeah what he said.......

I'll give them credit, it's better than the previous MOH beta which was horrendous. The game actually runs well (I can run maxed settings and get 60+FPS). The gameplay still sucks though as it's nothing more than BC2 on COD sized maps. Combat feels random in that I can shoot a guy 20 times but he only has to shoot me once. It's almost like the game just rolls a dice and you get a five but the enemy gets a six so he wins.

Maybe if the game wasnt coming out a month before Black Ops I'd buy it, but since it's not, I'll pass.

[quote name='SEH']I'll give them credit, it's better than the previous MOH beta which was horrendous. The game actually runs well (I can run maxed settings and get 60+FPS). The gameplay still sucks though as it's nothing more than BC2 on COD sized maps. Combat feels random in that I can shoot a guy 20 times but he only has to shoot me once. It's almost like the game just rolls a dice and you get a five but the enemy gets a six so he wins.[/QUOTE]

+1

Might just be me, but whenever I would get shot while sniping the POV would throw itself, like 45º in a random direction. Never happend while playing as the other classes.

Think I'll stick with COD's strawberry jam goggles until the game goes on sale.

I hate to pass judgement based on the MoH beta but I wasn't too satisfied after playing it this afternoon.

I love the graphics (looks of weapons, environment, explosions), and audio (gun fire, explosions are great) but it just doesn't look like it will be a serious contender to Battlefield or MW.

I agree with you SEH, the maps are small and those available maps just felt boring at times. I don't like the fact that EA had DICE working on the multiplayer simply because they were not going to go all out to make it a great experience. They should have let EA LA make work on their own multiplayer with a DICE member advisor helping them out.

I have it preordered because I'm looking forward to the campaign, not the multiplayer. But i'll just have to wait until next week until I can fully experience the online mode. That's my take on it.

I'm passing simply because they wimped out on the Taliban. Seriously? They are fucking terrorists, who gives a shit if we offend them?

[quote name='dabamus']I'm passing simply because they wimped out on the Taliban. Seriously? They are fucking terrorists, who gives a shit if we offend them?[/QUOTE]

I don't think it was offending the Taliban, it was offending the military servicemen and women fighting against them (or at least the higher ups who give them orders).

[quote name='kilm']I don't think it was offending the Taliban, it was offending the military servicemen and women fighting against them (or at least the higher ups who give them orders).[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they changed the name so you weren't killing US soldiers while playing as the Taliban. What they failed to realize is you're still killing US soldiers no matter what.

I don't really give a shit since it's a video game and I find it hilarious that people get so offended by such inane bullshit, but EA seems to have missed the point.

I always hated games that made me play as a terrorist. Not for moral reason though, I just think it looks way cooler to play as a special forces soldier. I thought the multiplayer was alright. Seems pretty standard for a game that's coming to the party so late in the game. I probably expected some innovation to set it apart from CoD or Battlefield.

[quote name='kilm']I don't think it was offending the Taliban, it was offending the military servicemen and women fighting against them (or at least the higher ups who give them orders).[/QUOTE]
The funny thing is it probably doesn't offend the servicemen and women, you know, who actually play video games. :lol:

I'm AD Navy and I'm not offended.
I'm kinda poED that they caved into the pressures of whiny people in the media.
I've been to Afgan...I've been underfire.
Playing as them doesn't offend me.

This is kind of late but I got the email late too, steam is running another MOH "Beta" free to download that ends on I think the 7th.

It seems they fixed some stuff from the prior beta but the gameplay is still mediocre. It still takes a ridiculous amount of rounds to kill someone too. There's also some sort of built in delay in the shots hitting and when they actually register.

Bullets also STILL don't always register but blood comes out of the player model but no hit indicator.

I did go 69 and 11 on my first game lol.

Couldn't care less about this game, but I thought this was funny (and probably a hint of what's to come for the game :lol:). It's a big picture, so it's spoiler tagged.

mohfail.jpg

Speaking from having personal contact with these service people and being Army ROTC, I can tell you for a fact the "higher ups" have a lot more important shit to worry about than what the enemy is referred to in a video game and most of them cuss like sailors in and out of the classroom so it'll take a little more than a video game referring to the Taliban as "Taliban" to offend them, but I can't speak for EVERYONE.

EDIT: Just played for a little while again, this game is really behind the curve shots only register half the time, head shots don't ever count as headshots unless the enemy dies and they aren't 1 hit kills. Definitely not getting it and I encourage everyone to do the same.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I was in the original beta which was so bad I couldn't even understand how they were so close to release. Now that I've played the open beta, I can't honestly say it's a bad game but it plays like a parody of a modern military shooter game. Everything just feels so generic it hurts. Guns are super accurate with no recoil and everyone takes so little to die, it's just too easy to camp.

[quote name='paz9x']Amazon needs to start giving those damn $20 credits on pc games too, Id buy this if they would.[/QUOTE]

It's really annoying that they don't, especially when the PC version is priced the same as the console versions. I emailed them about it because back when I pre-ordered Black Ops, the console versions had a $20 giftcard while the PC version did not. They told me it's because of some partnership with the publishers or some bullshit. I could see for like DR2 since it was $40 to begin with, but when the PC version is $60, there is no reason to not offer a GC.

Anyways, as much as I think this game is incredibly mediocre, I will commend them for sending out surveys to get peoples opinions. Too many times do I play in betas where the developer just treats it as an early access demo rather than an opportunity to get feedback from their player-base.

[quote name='SEH']It's really annoying that they don't, especially when the PC version is priced the same as the console versions. I emailed them about it because back when I pre-ordered Black Ops, the console versions had a $20 giftcard while the PC version did not. They told me it's because of some partnership with the publishers or some bullshit. I could see for like DR2 since it was $40 to begin with, but when the PC version is $60, there is no reason to not offer a GC.

Anyways, as much as I think this game is incredibly mediocre, I will commend them for sending out surveys to get peoples opinions. Too many times do I play in betas where the developer just treats it as an early access demo rather than an opportunity to get feedback from their player-base.[/QUOTE]

im sitting on the product page choosing between the pc version for $60 or the xbox version for $60 with a $20 credit, its very difficult to not choose the xbox version. id rather play it on pc but noooooo.

I wasn't too impressed with the latest beta or the first one. I may end up picking it up though since I have $35 in reward zone dollars that expire in 2 weeks. I haven't really found anything else worth putting it towards.

Kinda of sad to see single player is sticking to the formula of COD, follow the leader and short gameplay. I was excited for the possible good single player and liked the multiplayer beta,. I half expected a letdown on singleplayer, no company wants to make epic long single player FPS anymore. O well good thing is due to EA's sequel churn and burn, it will drop in price quick and possibly even have a good Steam sell soon enough, will stick with my other games for now and get my multiplayer FPS fix from the cheap Left 4 dead bundle we all got for 10 last week from steam.

bread's done
Back