Medal of Honor: Airborne Demo - Available NOW on XBLM

I'll try the demo as I try pretty much every demo on XBL, but I think it's going to suck. Every Medal of Honor game after Allied Assault has sucked so why should this be any different?

[quote name='CrimsonPaw']I'll try it, but maybe Medal of Honor can take a cue from Call of Duty and move past WWII ... just a thought.[/quote]

Wouldn't that be... battle field? They don't want to compete amongst themselves.

So far I'm really stoked for this game, I would love a demo to solidify that. The start anywhere you want idea (which seems to kinda like setting your own 'spawn' point) seems to be pretty cool. Gamertag Radio, and Achievement Junkie talked about it a couple shows back when they got to go to the airforce base and play MoHA for 3 days and they seemed to enjoy it.

[quote name='edison']So far I'm really stoked for this game, I would love a demo to solidify that. The start anywhere you want idea (which seems to kinda like setting your own 'spawn' point) seems to be pretty cool. Gamertag Radio, and Achievement Junkie talked about it a couple shows back when they got to go to the airforce base and play MoHA for 3 days and they seemed to enjoy it.[/quote]

word, GTR had some good coverage on this game.

i'm looking forward to the demo.

I can't wait for this demo to come out, it looks really cool with all of the airborne drops. I also just got a message from FilePlanet saying that the demo is now preloading which means the Demo must be coming soon.

EDIT: It says on Fileplanet that PC users can play the demo right now, I will check back when I have it fully dled.

[quote name='help1']Wouldn't that be... battle field? They don't want to compete amongst themselves.[/quote]
Didn't they compete against themselves when they originally released BF1942? Is Ubisoft competing against themselves when they release Rainbow Six games close to Ghost Recon games.

Also, no it wouldn't be battle field, it would be Medal of Honor in a current setting. Is battle field competing against COD4?:whistle2:s

This game is the SHIT. Granted it is just a WWII game and trust me I am sick of WWII games, but I enjoy the open battlefield affect of it. Nothing is more enjoyable than landing behind the Nazi's or in the demo the Italians and just destroying them. My only complaints are that the AI is still a little wonky it seems maybe? Definately a gorgeous game though, but it is EA, I would hope they know how to make gorgeous by now. My thing that stands out right now is the beautiful sound that the levels have. Action going on all over the place and it is really giving my HT system a workout, now I wonder if it will be 7.1. I wish they would start making games 7.2 so I could use my second subwoofer discrete :drool:

i'll definately download and play it with high hopes. I haven't enjoyed a medal of honor games since allied assault. I hope this one is good because it looks like it could turn out that way. but then again, since the release of call of duty, medal of honor just been as good.

Demo: MOH Airborne

Content: Medal of Honor Airborne Demo
Price: Free
Availability: All Xbox LIVE regions
Dash Text: [ESRB: T (Teen) BLOOD,VIOLENCE] Get ready to get Airborne! Medal of Honor Airborne is out 9/4/07, but download demo now to prepare to take to the skies and drop into epic battles of WWII. In the air, control your parachute and start anywhere you want on the battlefield. On the ground, explore open, vertical environments wherever you want, however you want. You decide where to drop, you decide how to fight. Demo features the first 4 objectives of Operation Husky. Relive the airdrop experience and choose your landing spot to find new ways to attack your enemy. Upgrade your available weapons through accuracy to make them more deadly on the battlefield. Then, compete in Airborne’s LIVE Launch on September 7th - 9th!
Size: 972.84 MB

Out now!!!!

I tried it....seems to be decent. The whole parachute thing is nice. I basically went in without my team, so it was 1 vs 100 ;)

Fun game though....it may get lost for me though wth H3, CoD4 and many other games.

It was decent, better than any Medal of Honor game since Allied Assault, but far worse than Infinity Ward's Call of Duty games. It probably wasn't even as good as Call of Duty 3.

I found it really stupid that you parachuted in every time you died. It allowed you to drop next to an AA gun, die, then drop next to another AA gun.

Very nice "cover" system for a FPS.

Has anyone found any of those special drop points besides the tower to the left of the main bulding?

the game looks and plays beautifully except it feels like it takes a LOT of bullets to kill a guy or my guy just cant aim....but i am just so worn out on WWII games that I was like ::yawn:: the whole time

[quote name='Malik112099']the game looks and plays beautifully except it feels like it takes a LOT of bullets to kill a guy or my guy just cant aim....but i am just so worn out on WWII games that I was like ::yawn:: the whole time[/quote]

Actually, it seems like the guns are just really inaccurate compared to other games. I noticed it only takes about 2 shots to kill someone.

I liked the demo alot, the combat wasn't as good as CoD 2 or Halo but I really liked the airborne drops and the whole feel of the game.

I thought it was pretty meh. The mission structure is the same as any other WWII game. Run in, break defenses, plant C4 on something, meet up with squad, repeat. Yawn. Plus it seemed like 60% of my shots missed. This may be because of the new gun upgrade system, but right now the guns are horribly inaccurate. I'll pass on this until it drops in price greatly.

I didn't really get into it. Seemed like any other WW2 game, plus I took out 3 AA guns by parachuting directly on them and quickly planting the explosives. Like that's even possible :lol:

I couldn't really figure out the whole parachute thing. It seemed very hard to control where you were going and every time I landed I got a botched landing. Other than that I enjoyed the game. Any suggestions?

Forward/Backward with left stick, Turn Right/Left with Right stick. To land, you can either have a flared landing, or a greased landing. Far a flared landing, you must be falling pretty much vertically. Hold "A" or whatever your flare button is when you are about 15 feet above the ground. For a greased landing, which means you pretty much ready your weapon right away, you need a more horizontal approach. Just click the melee button depending on your config like crazy.

The demo was alright and I thought the weapon upgrade system was somewhat interesting, but somewhat annoying as well. What really pissed me off about it is the botched widescreen implementation. They zoom in on the 4:3 screen and crop off the top an bottom of the screen. It's just lazy and silly. Next gen Metal of Honor my ass...

[quote name='moojuice']Very nice "cover" system for a FPS.

Has anyone found any of those special drop points besides the tower to the left of the main bulding?[/quote]There's another one for landing on the church steeple. I think you can land on the roof itself as well and it'll still count.

I like the cover system as well. Hopefully that carries over into other FPSs. The aiming seemed really off. I'd have the sights on a guy and sometimes it wouldn't transfer into a hit.

My ONLY gripe is that you cannot move while "looking down the sight" via left trigger. Other than that, I loved it. I parachuted, landed on a roof, sprinted across the roof (nice touch adding the gun going up and down, makes it feel like dude's actually running), jumped in a house, shot a few guys down on the ground, ran down and started capping people.

Multiplayer on this will be sick. I saw on a trailer that you can snipe the people parachuting down from the ground.. this is what you will find me on XBox Live doing.

Has anyone else noticed that you can't parachute past the wall near the church with the tunnel running through it? There seems to be an invisible wall there. WTF is up with that? Why can't I parachute directly onto the AA cannons if I feel like it?

I love the weapon upgrade concept for single player, and chuting into wherever ya want. The weapons are way too damn inaccurate though, I did my time in Rainbow Six Vegas, and I am now DAMN sick of unrealistically inaccurate weapons.

Best MoH game, but like a lot of people have said... that's not saying much since like 2002.

Back to Call of Duty for me.

[quote name='Cyb3-rr']Has anyone else noticed that you can't parachute past the wall near the church with the tunnel running through it? There seems to be an invisible wall there. WTF is up with that? Why can't I parachute directly onto the AA cannons if I feel like it?[/quote]Yeah, I was trying to drop into the machine-gun nest at the end of the street. I guess they wanna funnel you in there for a tough firefight.

Another problem I had with the open-ended level design was that I'd find lulls in gunfights. I'd clear out an area and then I'd run through deserted areas of the levels. I suppose it's better than constantly regenerating enemies, but it gets a little lonely. If perhaps the gunfights, when you get to them, were incredibly hectic, then it'd be worth it, but as mentioned, the aiming really takes away from things.

Has the MoH series always felt this arcadie? I almost got a very slight inkling of warhawk from the running and whatnot.

It seems like a solid game, but being that I hate WWII games and CoD4 plays so much better ( and the SP has to be good, since they announced all achievements will be in the campaign) I think it's going to be overshadowed quite a bit.

[quote name='Scorch']My ONLY gripe is that you cannot move while "looking down the sight" via left trigger. Other than that, I loved it. I parachuted, landed on a roof, sprinted across the roof (nice touch adding the gun going up and down, makes it feel like dude's actually running), jumped in a house, shot a few guys down on the ground, ran down and started capping people.

Multiplayer on this will be sick. I saw on a trailer that you can snipe the people parachuting down from the ground.. this is what you will find me on XBox Live doing.[/quote]
ACtually, you can. In default controls, just click and hold the left stick.

I downloaded the demo just in idle curiosity and was very pleasantly surprised. I had a great time with it. The open levels idea was a good one.

[quote name='Noodle Pirate!']Haven't picked it up yet. I'm quite surprised though that no one has started a thread about the full game. Has no one bought it yet?[/QUOTE]
I really enjoyed the demo also.

Yes, I bought it on release day, and I'm debated whether to sell it. I'm on the third 'level'; the one where you destroy a tank. Up to now, the framerate has been o.k., on this level it's a bit slow, and the game even pauses for a 1/4 second while sniping with the Springfield. That's unacceptable for me.

AI seems better in the full game; although I could be wrong. Basically, you have to be behind cover all the time. If an enemy finds you in the open, he'll open fire on you. One thing about the AI- they seem to have an uncanny sense that you are behind them, or across the battlefield going to snipe them. Sometimes the AI will run back and forth, while not really moving; it creates an unrealistic, jumpy animation.

Basically, I think everyone should wait for COD4. I

[quote name='DesertEagleXIX']I really enjoyed the demo also.

Yes, I bought it on release day, and I'm debated whether to sell it. I'm on the third 'level'; the one where you destroy a tank. Up to now, the framerate has been o.k., on this level it's a bit slow, and the game even pauses for a 1/4 second while sniping with the Springfield. That's unacceptable for me.

AI seems better in the full game; although I could be wrong. Basically, you have to be behind cover all the time. If an enemy finds you in the open, he'll open fire on you. One thing about the AI- they seem to have an uncanny sense that you are behind them, or across the battlefield going to snipe them. Sometimes the AI will run back and forth, while not really moving; it creates an unrealistic, jumpy animation.

Basically, I think everyone should wait for COD4. I[/quote]

Thanks for the insight.
How do the other levels feel in terms of rails. I know the demo felt pretty open as far as letting you go almost anywhere you wanted to. Do they keep up that feeling for the other levels as well?
Also, how about multiplayer? Better or worse then cod2 and in what way?

As long as it's not a step back from COD2, I'll be happy. My pc couldn't run the demo too smoothly, so I'll have to be content with the 360 version till I can upgrade.

The games not on rails; instead there is a very finite area where you can fight in. it's not small, but all six levels are about the same size. There are numerous way to get to your objective, that's one of the good points about the game.

I didn't spend a lot of time in multi player; but I would say it's close, but not as good as COD2. The weapons just don't seem to be as accurate; when I have a guy lined up with my iron sights, I sometimes can't tell if I scored a 'hit' or not.

Thanks again! Sounds like what I was hoping for, minus the hit box trouble. Now I just need to wait for a decent price on a used copy. No way am I going to show my support to EA by buying it at full msrp. :p

bread's done
Back