Medal Of Honor - Gen. Discussion & Info - October 12, 2010 - Beta: 6/21/10

Okay I signed in and I have the VIP and Have already preordered the game but it doesnt seem to notice i already have preordered the game :( wonder how i can fix that lol

Cannot wait to play this on 21st!

Now, my biggest quarrel is whether to pick this up for 360 or PS3. I dislike having multi-platform games... :(

Bah this is kinda dumb one of the requirements reads
"Redeem your beta key after pre-ordering Medal of Honor" this is to get early access on June 17 but I preordered from amazon and they are sending out Beta codes on June 21 lol Seems to be a problem here :wall:

Btw mad did you get a new PS3 yet or are you looking to the ones evil was talking about coming in 1 or 2 months from now? and if your on xbox live hit me up at the same psn account i use HitokiriC2k

[quote name='kagekiri']Bah this is kinda dumb one of the requirements reads
"Redeem your beta key after pre-ordering Medal of Honor" this is to get early access on June 17 but I preordered from amazon and they are sending out Beta codes on June 21 lol Seems to be a problem here :wall:

Btw mad did you get a new PS3 yet or are you looking to the ones evil was talking about coming in 1 or 2 months from now? and if your on xbox live hit me up at the same psn account i use HitokiriC2k[/QUOTE]

I picked up a 2101A from Best Buy, I'm hoping there is a price drop on the 120's in their price match time frame, 30 days is better than 2 weeks that Target was giving.

I'll have it set up once I try my PS3 and try to deactivate my gameshare account.

To stay on topic, I'll be Pre-ordering probably the 17th from any retailer that will give me a key in hand on the 17th.

[quote name='Mad39er']I picked up a 2101A from Best Buy, I'm hoping there is a price drop on the 120's in their price match time frame, 30 days is better than 2 weeks that Target was giving.[/QUOTE]

Yay the host will be back and maybe the night elf lady of the night might be joining us again lol

[quote name='Droenixjpn']Cannot wait to play this on 21st!

Now, my biggest quarrel is whether to pick this up for 360 or PS3. I dislike having multi-platform games... :([/QUOTE]

Glad I preordered on PS3. This is one reason to sway you.

PS3 Exclusive Content

[quote name='Mad39er']I picked up a 2101A from Best Buy, I'm hoping there is a price drop on the 120's in their price match time frame, 30 days is better than 2 weeks that Target was giving.

I'll have it set up once I try my PS3 and try to deactivate my gameshare account.

To stay on topic, I'll be Pre-ordering probably the 17th from any retailer that will give me a key in hand on the 17th.[/QUOTE]

not wanting to hold out on a 32nm ps3?

[quote name='enufs8d']not wanting to hold out on a 32nm ps3?[/QUOTE]
I really wanted to but the gamer in me got what it wanted. I wasn't about to wait another week or two to start gaming on my PS3 again and I get a more energy efficient PS3. When the 32nm ones come out I may trade this one in for one but before I see some good specs and something that really makes me decide if it's really worth the "upgrade". Only thing that'll get me to really switch is like a difference of 20 watts in power consumption during PS3 gaming.

i dont know if ill be ready in time. ylod again. anyone have ideas on how the long the 32 nm ps3 will come out?

[quote name='Mad39er']To stay on topic, I'll be Pre-ordering probably the 17th from any retailer that will give me a key in hand on the 17th.[/QUOTE]
That's basically what I'm planning. I wanted to go with Amazon, but kage says they're handing them out on the 21st only. I think? That seems weird. Hopefully they change that.

[quote name='enufs8d']i dont know if ill be ready in time. ylod again. anyone have ideas on how the long the 32 nm ps3 will come out?[/QUOTE]
Clear out your PM box. I tried to send you the site info for the reball but your box is full.

What separates this game from MW2? Im not shitting on it, just wondering. The video looked just like MW and the dude really had no answer for that.

[quote name='carbontiger']Glad I preordered on PS3. This is one reason to sway you.

PS3 Exclusive Content[/QUOTE]
Just saw this on the GS website. I'm pretty interested in this game, might be one of my favorite series from the PS1. And I loved frontline too, so it's pretty cool to have that tossed in basically free. Also getting into the beta.. This might be one of my only $60 purchases / preorders since MW2. Might have to make a trip down to Gamestop today.

[quote name='smiggity']What separates this game from MW2? Im not shitting on it, just wondering. The video looked just like MW and the dude really had no answer for that.[/QUOTE]
That's what I'm waiting to see. Hell, it has to separate itself from Bad Company 2 as well.

[quote name='smiggity']What separates this game from MW2? Im not shitting on it, just wondering. The video looked just like MW and the dude really had no answer for that.[/QUOTE]

What makes MW2 so special? Granted it is a fun game but its getting old. What separates this from MW2, B:BC2 and MOH all war FPS shooters, they all have slightly different guns (you can join the EA gun club, anyone care?) and a new environments.

[quote name='LordKefka06']Will be creating the clan thread tomorrow. Better see you all there.

MOH is replacing MW2.[/QUOTE]

I'm in. Haven't been playing MW2 lately been bored with it.

I'm sure it will be better the B:BC2 since DICE can make up for it flaws on B:BC2 and make MOH hopefully somewhere between MW2 and BC2 if not better. It will be fun for new environments, different competition and strategies.

[quote name='Fjordson']That's what I'm waiting to see. Hell, it has to separate itself from Bad Company 2 as well.[/QUOTE]
i still like bc2. i probably be still playing if my ps3 was alive.

smog - are you going to be a move or nomove socom player?

[quote name='Fjordson']I wonder how quickly they'll get the beta up. It's technically the 17th already.[/QUOTE]36 more minutes.....

[quote name='LordKefka06']36 more minutes.....[/QUOTE]
Well, it's past midnight for half of the country.

[quote name='LordKefka06']Will be creating the clan thread tomorrow. Better see you all there.

MOH is replacing MW2.[/QUOTE] :^o

Why do I have to play babysitter? ;)

So anyone get their beta codes today. Even though I preordered MoH from Amazon I tried to go Gamestop today to get a beta code and the guy was like umm Corporate didnt tell us anything about beta codes for preorders........

[quote name='Fjordson']That's what I'm waiting to see. Hell, it has to separate itself from Bad Company 2 as well.[/QUOTE]

That too.

[quote name='combatrhombus']What makes MW2 so special? Granted it is a fun game but its getting old. What separates this from MW2, B:BC2 and MOH all war FPS shooters, they all have slightly different guns (you can join the EA gun club, anyone care?) and a new environments.

I'm sure it will be better the B:BC2 since DICE can make up for it flaws on B:BC2 and make MOH hopefully somewhere between MW2 and BC2 if not better. It will be fun for new environments, different competition and strategies.[/QUOTE]

I am not a fan of MW2, just in a video I saw an employee was asked that and he kind of froze up and didnt have an answer. So I was wondering if there have been any outlined differences?

[quote name='enufs8d']i still like bc2. i probably be still playing if my ps3 was alive.

smog - are you going to be a move or nomove socom player?[/QUOTE]

Most definitely non move. If there is a S4/Move bundle I may get it since I already have the camera. But you also need the subcontroller, so its a ~$100 investment without the game. Ill be DS3 online for sure though.

Whats awesome to see is that they are repackaging a 2002 game in HD with this. Maybe there is hope for Sony to go the same route with S4

[quote name='smiggity']Whats awesome to see is that they are repackaging a 2002 game in HD with this. Maybe there is hope for Sony to go the same route with S4[/QUOTE]
Don't get my hopes up... :lol:

If I get out of work on time and the weather cooperates (they are calling for golf ball+ sized hail) I may run to one of my local GS's to see if they have the beta code....actually, one on the way home.

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']Do you have to pre-order to play? Or can you be just a VIP?[/QUOTE]

If your a VIP, you have to pre-order anyway. I did so at the EA store and got my code.

The beta sign up page and the Medal of Honor page have been down for several hours. I'm going to assume that PC users have the best shot at getting in faster since they can DL everything but just have a wait on the sign up page.

Update: They got stuff up and running again, servers are slow, high load and so on.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've seen topics on GameFaqs and the EA forums that it still isn't working fully. Even if you manage to make it through all of the online validation, redeeming your final code on the PSN doesn't go through. It's rejecting all codes as invalid as if they've already been used.

What a mess. I don't understand why they didn't just make this an open multiplayer demo like the Bad Company beta.

Just went to my local GameStop and they can't give the beta codes out yet. Said to try back tomorrow. Something about getting an e-mail from corporate saying the beta was delayed...

Yeah, somebody screwed the pooch. Gamestop near me says they'll have beta keys tomorrow. I'll be picking one up then rather than dealing with this... what was the phrase my boss used... ah right, clusterfuck.

[quote name='Mad39er']Yeah, somebody screwed the pooch. Gamestop near me says they'll have beta keys tomorrow. I'll be picking one up then rather than dealing with this... what was the phrase my boss used... ah right, clusterfuck.[/QUOTE]

Ditto....not fuck happy about it. Maybe I should turn to the dark side and get me a 360 Arcade now that they are $150 w/$50GC.....wtf am I saying?

[quote name='Supplice']If your a VIP, you have to pre-order anyway. I did so at the EA store and got my code.[/QUOTE]

I can wait till the 21st, thanks dude.

My local Gamestop said they wouldn't have any today or tomorrow and they aren't sure when they'll get codes. Go figure.

Do any online retailers, other than the EA store, have beta codes? I am a BC 2 VIP but don't know of any place actually giving out them out early.

Game is a a lot of fun but playing a shooter with the ps3 controller is ....:puke:.

I do have a ps3, I just never play it online so I don't list my gt.

Bah just came back from gamestop to try and do a preorder and get the beta code but apparently they got an email from corporate that they should hold onto the cards because the website is down (which it is not) and cause of xbox live beta being delayed. Man I was so close to canceling my preorder at Amazon to get the beta code early and pick it up at gamestop but gamestop does not want it to be so......

bread's done
Back