Medi a Play 5 used games and get a Free New Release Game on Tuesdays

averageguy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
Okay, I went into Media Play tonite since they now trade Used cd/dvds and video games. I noticed a offer that if you traded in 5 used video game for Ps1, Ps2, GC Or Xbox that you would get a New Release game for free on Tuesdays. I asked the person working their if their was any exclusions for trading in games. He said just as long as they were in the system that the trade would work okay. Im cruising over to Eb And GameStop to pick out 5 cheap games and see if it works on Tuesday .

[quote name='averageguy']Okay, I went into Media Play tonite since they now trade Used cd/dvds and video games. I noticed a offer that if you traded in 5 used video game for Ps1, Ps2, GC Or Xbox that you would get a New Release game for free on Tuesdays. I asked the person working their if their was any exclusions for trading in games. He said just as long as they were in the system that the trade would work okay. Im cruising over to Eb And GameStop to pick out 5 cheap games and see if it works on Tuesday .[/quote]

So you're going to go and spend 30 or 40 dollars on five games to trade in for a new release? Explain to me where the "Free" part of that is, please? :?

[quote name='PaulEMoz'][quote name='averageguy']Okay, I went into Media Play tonite since they now trade Used cd/dvds and video games. I noticed a offer that if you traded in 5 used video game for Ps1, Ps2, GC Or Xbox that you would get a New Release game for free on Tuesdays. I asked the person working their if their was any exclusions for trading in games. He said just as long as they were in the system that the trade would work okay. Im cruising over to Eb And GameStop to pick out 5 cheap games and see if it works on Tuesday .[/quote]

So you're going to go and spend 30 or 40 dollars on five games to trade in for a new release? Explain to me where the "Free" part of that is, please? :?[/quote]

Maybe you get the trade-in credit on top of the free game?

[quote name='PaulEMoz'][quote name='averageguy']Okay, I went into Media Play tonite since they now trade Used cd/dvds and video games. I noticed a offer that if you traded in 5 used video game for Ps1, Ps2, GC Or Xbox that you would get a New Release game for free on Tuesdays. I asked the person working their if their was any exclusions for trading in games. He said just as long as they were in the system that the trade would work okay. Im cruising over to Eb And GameStop to pick out 5 cheap games and see if it works on Tuesday .[/quote]

So you're going to go and spend 30 or 40 dollars on five games to trade in for a new release? Explain to me where the "Free" part of that is, please? :?[/quote]

Well, he could just go out and buy the old sport titles for 3 or so, and get 5 of them. This would make a free game $15, since it seems there's no exclusions.

Well it all depends, if they take crappy sports games, then this could be a nice deal, most old sports games can be had for a couple bucks. so 2-3 dollars times 5 would only be around 10-15$ for a new game.

EDIT: Damn, Howeraing just beat me.

I would think the chances of them taking NHL 2001 are very slim. Even then, it's not "FREE", it's just getting it cheaper than full price. I suppose it's a reasonable deal if you can get it cheap enough though.

[quote name='Gameboy415']5 for 1? Eh. No way.[/quote]

You're looking at the deal the wrong way... Gamestop's and EBGames have pretty good PS2 games for like 4.99 (or less!) or so, so, the plan would be to buy 5 of those and then trade them in, since there doesn't seem to be any restrictions... buy lots of old Madden games for 3 dollars each! 8) :lol:

[quote name='Nephets'][quote name='Gameboy415']5 for 1? Eh. No way.[/quote]

You're looking at the deal the wrong way... Gamestop's and EBGames have pretty good PS2 games for like 4.99 (or less!) or so, so, the plan would be to buy 5 of those and then trade them in, since there doesn't seem to be any restrictions... buy lots of old Madden games for 3 dollars each! 8) :lol:[/quote]

If anybody manages to trade in 5 copies of Madden 2001 for a brand new release game, I will go and bare my arse in the window of my nearest Media Play.

[quote name='PaulEMoz'][quote name='Nephets'][quote name='Gameboy415']5 for 1? Eh. No way.[/quote]

You're looking at the deal the wrong way... Gamestop's and EBGames have pretty good PS2 games for like 4.99 (or less!) or so, so, the plan would be to buy 5 of those and then trade them in, since there doesn't seem to be any restrictions... buy lots of old Madden games for 3 dollars each! 8) :lol:[/quote]

If anybody manages to trade in 5 copies of Madden 2001 for a brand new release game, I will go and bare my arse in the window of my nearest Media Play.[/quote]

Similiar things have been done, besides, I don't see how it wouldn't be possible, most of these stores don't know a whole lot about games, but they sell them anyway... now, you could NEVER do that and get away with it at an EB or Gamestop, but this isn't a major game retailer.

[quote name='PaulEMoz'][quote name='Nephets'][quote name='Gameboy415']5 for 1? Eh. No way.[/quote]

If anybody manages to trade in 5 copies of Madden 2001 for a brand new release game, I will go and bare my arse in the window of my nearest Media Play.[/quote]

Wow really, where do you live? Someone trade in copies and take pictures. I gotta see this. :p

[quote name='averageguy']Okay, I went into Media Play tonite since they now trade Used cd/dvds and video games. I noticed a offer that if you traded in 5 used video game for Ps1, Ps2, GC Or Xbox that you would get a New Release game for free on Tuesdays. I asked the person working their if their was any exclusions for trading in games. He said just as long as they were in the system that the trade would work okay. Im cruising over to Eb And GameStop to pick out 5 cheap games and see if it works on Tuesday .[/quote]

They are trying to build their stock. No exclusions...FOR NOW.

Hastings 3 for 1 was great. Traded in tons of CC games for latest games. 5 for 1 wouldn't be bad if they accept old sports games. CC still has tons of old sports titles.

I traded in 5 games today at Media Play and got my Madden 2005.

Their receipt said I traded in $16.99 worth of games, yet they just override the register and give you even money for the worth of a new $50 game.

One of my trade-ins was Madden 2003, which was listed as being worth $0.50. $9.50 gain in my favor there.

The HIGHEST ranked game I traded in, Freestyle Metal X worth $6.71, was a CC game I paid $5 for.

I really don't think I would have gotten $50 credit anywhere else for THPS4, Tiger Woods 2003, Madden 2003, Twisted Metal: Black, and Freestyle Metal X.

Good luck next Tuesday, everyone!

I think your luck with this deal may be YMMV. Here's what it says in Media Play's ad this week:

"All games must contain original package and instructions. All games must be complete versions. Budget games selling new for $19.99 or less are not acceptable. All items must have UPC bar codes."

Congrats to those of you who were able to get a new release game by trading in old GH and sports titles.

hmmm...would they accept 5 copies of madden or some old sports game from like EB that i can get for like $2?

Cuz if so...i love this.

bread's done
Back