Media Center

zedrein

CAG Veteran
OK all, it's time for me to do some small upgrades to my very un-impressive media center. My goal is to get the best quality image and sound coming from my TV set, reciever, and DVD player, I just don't know how to go about that. First off, here's a look at my setup:

* I own a 54" rear-projection television (not HD) it has composite video and s-video inputs for displaying video along with the standard Red and White RCA jacks for sound.

* The second piece in my media center is a Yamaha reciever, that is capable of powering 8 speakers. It also has various A/V inputs and outputs, including: composite & component (for video) and RCA + digital i/o for audio.

* The third and final unit is, my DVD player, that has component and composite video outs and RCA + digital audio outs.

The way in which I view cable television is through the standard RF coaxial cable that plugs straight into the TV.

So what can I do to enhance the quality of:

*My televisions picture and sound while watching cable TV.

*My DVD's pciture and audio quality

*And my surround sound's quality

Sorry for my obvious inexperience in the AV field, I hope you all can help with the information I've provided.

Use Component cables if possible (doesn't sound like you can since your TV doesn't have the ports). Next best in your case is S-video. The best quality sound you can get is through the digital i/o ports. You need an optical cable to connect to these ports. Use the THX Optimizer on any THX certified DVD to configure your TV. What outputs does your cable box have?

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back