Mega Man 64 Brand New $16 shipped

[quote name='crunchewy']People here are saying that the N64 version was reviewed as worse then the PS1 original, but in actually reading that wikipedia article, it looks like the actual criticism was that the N64 was just like the PS1 version - that no upgrades were made to the game.[/QUOTE]

If you read more of the reception on the wiki you will see Gamestop criticized the fact the N64 version has some music and sound clips lost in the conversion from the PS version. I have played both and all in all they are mostly the same. If you have to choose between one or the other, Mega Man Legends is the way to go but if you pick up Mega Man 64 it's not that bad of a port, just not perfect like most ports end up not being.

A deal is a deal, no matter how old the game! Find sealed cheaper and then that would be the new deal. Although I won't be buying this, I would buy it if it was just a little cheaper, say in the 8bucks range. Alot of us collect games besides just playing them. I have over 100 snes, over 250 nes, over 60 n64 games, and there are still some in demand games for older systems still that fetch a high price, I just spent 30bucks on Zombies ate my neighbors for snes Complete in mint/newish condition, I've been been trying for the longest time to find a cheap copy complete, and finally gave up, this was the cheappest for the condition and being complete. So I hope these old games sealed people are posting continue, it might be of a game I don't have and really been eyeing to buy for a while at a great price. So thanks op.

[quote name='Wompdevil']If you read more of the reception on the wiki you will see Gamestop criticized the fact the N64 version has some music and sound clips lost in the conversion from the PS version. I have played both and all in all they are mostly the same. If you have to choose between one or the other, Mega Man Legends is the way to go but if you pick up Mega Man 64 it's not that bad of a port, just not perfect like most ports end up not being.[/QUOTE]

Ah. I see. If there's a deal on the PS1 version, that would be awesome. At least at amazon, though, the PS1 version is being sold (attempting to be sold) for outrageous amounts of money. I haven't looked deeply into it though and in any case I did put in an order for the N64 version.

Looking at the reviews on Gamefaqs, a number of people gave the game high marks, but a number also gave the game only a "1". What's the deal with this game? Is it good or bad?

[quote name='E-Z-B']Looking at the reviews on Gamefaqs, a number of people gave the game high marks, but a number also gave the game only a "1". What's the deal with this game? Is it good or bad?[/QUOTE]

Those are joke review that are giving it one because it is not 2d

I never played the N64 version, but I loved the original PS1 version when it came out. Last year I tracked a used copy down (not sure what happened to my original) and converted it to play on my PSP, working my way through it again after 12 years. Despite my nostalgia, I genuinely feel like the game has held up incredibly well. The controls feel wonky at first, but an hour or two into the game it feels pretty natural. If you haven't played it, I'd definitely recommend it. And if you're lucky enough to score a copy of the PS1 sequel, I'd go for that too. If you're really die-hard enough, there's also the Misadventures of Tron Bonne (still have my copy, but never finished it in my youth).

This game is pretty outdated and did not age very well. New copies have been readily available for a years now as it was overproduced and did not sell very well (unlike the PSX version, which actually made it to Greatest Hits status).

bread's done
Back