Mega Man 9 - Gen. Info & Discussion Thread

They already sold 'em I think. In the store they're actually $1900.95 so people won't buy them. But on eBay, one went for $750, no joke.

that's for ppl with the invitation... it's not a public link and it's priced that high so ppl wont buy it if they happened to stumble upon it.

but ppl who received the link also received a coupon code to bring the price down to a reasonable purchase.

tomorrow is the PUBLIC sale of the item

[quote name='Strell']According to GoNintendo, beginning tomorrow at 3 PST, you will be able to purchase a MM9 Press Kit from their online store.

I guess that means 2 PM central for me, and damn if I won't be eagerly awaiting the chance to do it.[/QUOTE]

Might want to check your time zones again, unless you meant 3 EST.

So I got the Endless Attack mode. I've got to say it's very cool. I've only gotten through 63 screens (died on the 2nd boss), while the Top Score is over 3000 screens.

There are some little nods to previous games with the areas too:
- Heat Man's block puzzle
- MM1 Wily Stage 1 opening
- MM2 Wily Stage 3
- Opening of Flash Man's stage

These are just the ones I've noticed. If you're a Mega Man fan, I'd say get it, because it is pretty cool.

the problem with endless mode is u gotta be stuck on your TV for at least 6 hours to place top 10

-_-...

and that's only in regards to the last time I checked scores... u kno someone's gonna keep their shyt on all week eventually

I'm guessing the 3000+ screen score took around 8 hours. There are a few spots where you can farm power-ups for a good while. And I only say that having gotten to a 2nd boss. I don't know where it goes from there.

Also, I plan on getting the Special Stage because I want to see who the boss of that level is. I'm guessing Bass or Proto Man.

I FINALLY beat MM9 at lunch today. I maxed out my E tanks and got a 1/2 damage item as well to help me with the final fight against Wily.

What a great game. I look forward to playing through it again.

The game took me 7 and a half hours to beat and the bosses were the toughest i've had the pleasure to face. Wily's castle was a pain, but i beat him with no E-Tanks or the 1/2 damage item, which was not intentional i just didnt have any when i got there and wasn't about to turn around i think for my next feat I'm going for a buster run!

Finally beat this tonight.

Great game, and great kickback to old school Megaman games. I don't know if I'll try and beat this again, but I'm glad at least I beat it.

I'm trying to go through it again. After 3 bosses, I'm 11 minutes in. So hopefully, if I can do it right, I can beat it under an hour. 90 minutes at least. Galaxy Man's stage took 4 minutes just because Galaxy Man sucks with the Mega Buster time wise. My goal for 8 bosses is 25 minutes. That might be too good for my skills, sadly.

HA!

I picked this up while my mud mask was drying ;] and I FINALLY beat Tornado Man!!

Plug Man is all that's left.
Even though everyone else seems to have beaten the game like 100x already :lol: :(

[quote name='yukine']What the hell is a mud mask?

Do I want to know!?[/quote]

I believe it is green to make lilboo have a face like the hulk. :cool:

I beat the game in under 50 minutes today. I made a blog post about it. You should go check it out. It also talks about what happened after going back to the game after a half hour.

I'm going to d/l this tonight to see this so-called difficulty. I have to see this for myself. I think I have to skip lilboo soon. :cool:

I went back and beat MM9 for the second time today (3rd overall), and managed to beat Wily in less than 3 minutes as well as Tornado Man in under 10 seconds. I did get the Visit every stage twice one, but still not the one for beating every enemy.

WOO. Last night I FINALLY made it to Wily's Castle. Of course I got killed ASAP..but still. At least I finally got these robot bastards defeated.

Has anyone figured out the weakness' yet?

--

[quote name='hero101']I'm going to d/l this tonight to see this so-called difficulty. I have to see this for myself. I think I have to skip lilboo soon. :cool:[/QUOTE]

I'm confused?

[quote name='lilboo']WOO. Last night I FINALLY made it to Wily's Castle. Of course I got killed ASAP..but still. At least I finally got these robot bastards defeated.

Has anyone figured out the weakness' yet?

--
I'm confused?[/quote]

Weakness' of what, exactly? The final boss? Check the spoiler.

Form 1: Mega Buster
Form 2: C. Shot, S. Trident
Form 3: P. Ball

For the Special Stage boss...
J. Satellite I believe
. I got the Special Stage. 100% pure assholery from start to finish. THREE SUB-BOSSES! THREE! And one of them's a real boss.

Splash Woman - Mega Buster (Takes 14 Hits to beat), In Wily Stage 4, Hornet Chaser works great as well.
Concrete Man - Laser Trident
Galaxy Man - Concrete Shot
Jewel Man - Black Hole Bomb
Plug Man - Jewel Satellite
Tornado Man - Plug Ball
Magma Man - Tornado Blow (Will not completely kill, so you will need to hit him a couple of times to finish him off)
Hornet Man - Magma Bazooka

Hope this helps lilboo

[quote name='xpag406']
Hope this helps lilboo[/quote]
Damn, I thought I was the last one to use a CAGs for Speedy avatar. My dreams==crushed. :cry:

I'm curious about the difficulty of this game. I managed to beat Mega Man and Bass for GBA and it was hard as hell but extremely satisfying. Heck, one of the final bosses' weak spots was located off the GBA screen due to cropping. The item system was insanely helpful in that game, though.

If you want to play a hard game, play Ghosts n Goblins...

it's a game without patterns, where every enemy movement and appearance is generated randomly, except for certain AI reactions that work incredibly against your favor.

Megaman is cake compared to that game. It's challenging but every time you die you can learn the reason for it and overcome the challenge appropriately

Hells yea. Ghosts N Goblins is one of the true nightmares in classic gaming. The hair on your chest that your grew playing Contra 4 is nothing compared to that.

I played like 30 minutes and killed Galaxy Man. I killed him on my last life. :roll: Argh...I think I will play one stage a day.

bread's done
Back