Mega Man Star Force: Dragon -- GameStop Exclusive!

utopianmachine

Nintendo Fangirl
Feedback
241 (100%)
Because GameStop DS exclusives have a great track record of selling well... :roll:

According to GameStop, on August 7th, Capcom will release three versions of the next Mega Man installment. These three titles -- Mega Man Star Force: Leo, Mega Man Star Force: Pegasus, and Mega Man Star Force: Dragon -- are largely similar in qualitities. According to GameSpot:

The difference between the Dragon, Pegasus, and Leo packages will be apparent in the available selection of these [attack and defense] abilities. The overall world and storyline will be the same between the three games, and even the initial basic abilities should be more or less identical; the difference will be in the later, more-advanced abilities, which will be unique to your specific title. Luckily, the Brother Band system will let you link up via Wi-Fi to your friends' versions of the game, so you can share (or "borrow," as Capcom says) the abilities from those games. You'll also be able to duel those friends wirelessly.

I'm curious to know if the GameStop exclusive Dragon version will have more exclusive content besides the version-exclusive abilities.

Links:
Gamestop.com preorder page for Mega Man Star Force: Dragon
GameSpot.com's hands-on article about the three versions.

I was hoping they wouldn't try this...

it's Battle Network in 3D.

I already don't like it.. I want either a classic Mega Man style game, or BN7.. not this crappiness.

Well you see, when no other retailers want to buy a game, it becomes a Gamestop exclusive. And when you try to sell 3 versions of the same game (and it's not Pokemon,) retailers get a little hesitant to buy up all 3 versions - takes up shelf space, etc. So this shouldn't have any more exclusive content than the other versions.

Yeah, and most gamestop exclusive games for the DS have been rather mediocre or worse than that at best....

I didn't like the battle network franchise, the concept is great but overall the games are too hard and frustrating..

You can also link up through WIFI according to the article to get the missing abilities so you only need to buy one version really I am assuming, at least WIFI has solved some of the problem of having to buy all games even though you have no friends near you to play with them.

I wonder what will happen with the 2 digimon games that are coming out, BOTH of which I am really looking forward to, will retailers stock them or refuse because there are 2 versions. I don't care either way because I have my order in at CD universe!

Sara, the digimon games are going to be released everywhere, but I would assume in small numbers just like the first Digimon World DS.

[quote name='pete5883']Well you see, when no other retailers want to buy a game, it becomes a Gamestop exclusive. And when you try to sell 3 versions of the same game (and it's not Pokemon,) retailers get a little hesitant to buy up all 3 versions - takes up shelf space, etc. So this shouldn't have any more exclusive content than the other versions.[/quote]

Is this true?

[quote name='pete5883']Which part?[/quote]

Well you see, when no other retailers want to buy a game, it becomes a Gamestop exclusive

[quote name='Scrubsy']Sara, the digimon games are going to be released everywhere, but I would assume in small numbers just like the first Digimon World DS.[/quote]

No kidding. When I went to buy the first game, my Gamestop only got in like one copy in. Luckily I was the only person who was actually interested in it.

As for this MM game being GS exclusive, big whoop. When it comes to the multiple version games like this and Pokemon, the only thing I really care about in picking my version is which one is the least popular. It's probably the collector in me, but I just like to have the version that most people don't have.

So considering that Dragon will only be at one store, it might wind up being the version I get (if I even get the game). But honestly, I could probably get it cheaper somewhere else, and that's the biggest factor of all.

there isnt that many retail stores that carry video games. Store like Best Buy and Circuit City dont carry a lot of niche games. There are Game Crazy and Frys, but they are regional. That means for some niche games they might as well reach a deal with GS/EB, since they are everywhere.

bread's done
Back