Mega Man Star Force Thread

Lan_Zer0

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Scans

I'm excited for a true DS oriented MMBN. Unsure about the new perspective, but I guess we'll have to wait and see. For a game that is based on mimicking the internet, this better have wifi.

UPDATE:

Reviews

GameBrink (import) - 82%
NGamer (import) - 52%

honestly, i cant stand 98% of the RPGs out today. Surprisingly, i played a battle network for the GBA, and completely fell in love with it. The battle system is very unique, and maintains that old megaman feel, while putting it in an RPG-esque situation.

i will definitely buy this :whistle2:D

So there's Cross Fusion? Nice

Can anyone good with Japanese read off the names of the main character and what he fuses with?

Edit: Ah, checked a Katakana table -> the main chara fuses with a character called Rock, and fuse into Rockman. Sweet.

[quote name='Lan_Zer0']
I'm excited for a true DS oriented MMBN. Unsure about the new perspective, but I guess we'll have to wait and see. For a game that is based on mimicking the internet, this better have wifi.[/QUOTE]
It's not. This one's about radio waves and meteors or something, and Rockman comes from another planet.

This comes out tommorrow if I"m not mistaken. Looks like there are three versions dragon,leo and pegasus. Anyone picking this up it looks fairly interesting to me.

I saw some vids of it in action and it looks incredibly reflex intensive in order to avoid stuff coming at you.
Boss fights looked next to impossible since the stuff they threw at you covered multiple squares. I wanted to get this game, but after seeing it in action, I dont know now. I will wait for some reviews and impressions on how crazy the combat is before I get it.
Also apparently GS has the dragon version exclusively.

I'll probably pick up the dragon version since I have a ton of GS credit from the recent trade in deals and I enjoyed the Battle Network games.

I chose the dragon version, but the gamestops near me don't have the shipment in yet I hope I can get it today I'd like to try this game out.

It's about time. it has been a full 15 minutes since the last Battle Network game, I was starting to worry ;)

Looks like they're getting it tommarow hopefully it comes today I can't wait to try this game out also this'll be my first megaman battle network game so it'll be fun to try it out i'll probably buy one of the past BN games if they have it cheap used.. =)

[quote name='EXStrike']So there's Cross Fusion? Nice

Can anyone good with Japanese read off the names of the main character and what he fuses with?

Edit: Ah, checked a Katakana table -> the main chara fuses with a character called Rock, and fuse into Rockman. Sweet.[/quote]its actually "uoo-rock" which i think means "wolf rock", unfortunately i can't read the kanji on the main char name, but the hiragana says "jyuujinkou"

The gamestop near me finally got their copies in yesterday I didn't want to post my thoughts so far till i've played it a bit.

I'm pretty much at the part where I can fight and so far the battle system is good I haven't played the past megaman BN games, but I like it so far also the first fighting is easy probably to help the new and past gamers of BN series to get used to it..

I haven't gotten too far yet, but from what i've played this game looks fun and after this i'll start getting the old BN games for the GBA since only past megaman games i've played where PS1, nes and snes.

I haven't tried the wifi stuff yet so can't comment that, but hopefully I'll do this soon after I've played this game for a bit more.

From what I've read about MMBN, you may as well start with MMBN3. That's the first one I played, and I thought it was great. Got stuck at the end though.

I also have 4 and 5, but haven't played 'em.

Whoever gets it, maybe you could post your version. That way if everyone joins up they can trade different chips instead of everyone having hte same chips/version.
I'm leaning toward the dragon or pegasus version I think. I'd like to maybe get something different then everyone else so that if I ever get my wifi working again, I can have something worthwhile to trade.
Dragon is GS exclusive.

hey dudz so liek i gutz dis game yesdaday n i dink its rely cool *cough*

Anyways, I got the Pegasus version and so far I think it's an OK game. It's good, but not great. The only reason I got this one was because he had wings. :roll: Would've gotten the Dragon one, but I dont like the wood element. lol

Regarding the battle system, movement is extremely restricted, only left and right. IT'S REALLY NO FUN AT ALL. I'm missing the 3x3 grid! :cry: :cry: To make up for this, you can access your shield anytime by pressing the Y button. It'll guard you from SOME atks, some can pierce through. You'll be using this alot because some enemies can hit all THREE of your measly panels. -_- Despite restricted movement, battle are surprinsingly easy. Also, no more ughiufgifgkjfsblachblach letter codes on the chips. You can only select multiple ones if they're the same type or if they're in the same column. They're also some chips you can pick with the other ones regardless of what type it is. Like a +10 atk chip and a "Adds paralyze to atk" chip.
Ex:
|Some gay chip| |This really useless chip| |Sword chip|
|Sword chip| -----|canon chip| ---------------|+10 atk chip|

Possible combinations you may pick:
SGC + SC because they're in the same column
SC+ SC because they're the same type
And with that +10 atk chip, you can select another chip to go with it because it has no element. So, I can pick +10 atk and SGC, +10 atk and TRUC etc.
Byw the ----- are just used for spacing, they dont mean anything particular.

If you've played the BN games, you'll know that you can jack in (no dirty jokes plz lulz) to something electronical by simply standing next to it and by pressing the R button, but you can do that in this game. The net and human world are no longer sperated by computers. While you're in the human world, you HAVE to put on your 'visualizer' by pressing the Y button. This lets you see the net (it's like, above the houses and stuff).
Like this:
935703_20060923_screen003.jpg

To actually go onto the net, you have to stand in a "wave hole", or the orange circular thingy and it'll let you enter by pressing R.
Here's the circular thingy (on the floor):
mega-man-star-force-20070413114813474.jpg

If you want to jack into an indivual place (like a broken computer, a tele or w/e) you've got to put on your visulizer, enter the net (you've GOT TO find a wave hole before you can actually access the net), roam around and stand near the place you want to go into indiviually (like a doghouse), touch the screen and then you can enter it. That makes it extrmely annoying. I couldnt find a screenshot to elaborate further so heres a poorly scanned pic:
63tmjyh.jpg

Scenario:
I'm on the net and I want to go into the network inside that dudes house. Take alook at the disc above the satellite, if I'm within entering range (it'll start to flash), I just simply touch it and it'll bring me into the network inside and above his house. If he has objects I can enter (like a tv or something) the same circualr disc just like the one above the satellite will display and I just tap it to enter.

Now here is what the net looks likes inside and above his house:
4ot28vm.jpg

As you can see, I want to go into the item right infront of mega. I'm within glowing range so I just tap it, and I can enter inside that item.

How does it compare to BN? BN is far more superior. Dont get me wrong, it's still a fun game! and sorry for poor grammar and choice of words. i'm really tired from playing this all day >_>

I really liked the first 2 Battle networks on the GBA after that i haven't really played them, might rent this one first

That's a nice review TMoS. I didn't realize there was that much different from the older BN games. It seems like they had an idea but just didnt figure out a smooth way to implement it. I think this may go on my gamefly queue instead of an outright purchase now.

I always loved the older BN games cause they all felt the same. You knew how it controlled and what to do no matter what game it was. This might take some getting use to.
I need to fill in a few missing BN games anyway. I have only played 1,2, and im in the middle of 5 now. I should really play them through one after the other and then hit this newest one for the full uninterupted story I think.

To me, it seems like they missed out on a big chance to capitalize on the BN series. Wifi would have been a natural extension for the series, online battles alone would have justified the game. But instead we get a reimagining of BN that nobody really wanted.

Played some more, and the whole concept isn't jiving with me yet. I miss the EXE universe more and more.

The battle system seems more derivative. I don't see the potential to build fun strategic decks like in the previous games.

bread's done
Back