Mega Man X Collection (GCN) $19.00 Free Shipping & No Tax

serum79

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
This is the best deal I found for this game, $10.99 cheaper than MSRP. With no tax (everywhere except Wisconsin I think?) and free shipping this is a must buy for Mega Man fans.
I ordered my copy on 4/28 and received it today 5/04. The site also has order tracking.
No problems whatsoever.

http://www.atomicpark.com/xq/aspx/mega-man-x-collection-for-gamecube/prodid.24450/buy.games/qx/productdetail.html?WT.apsearch=mega%20man%20x&WT.searchclick=Titlehttp://www.atomicpark.com/xq/aspx/m...llection-for-gamecube=&prodid=24450&buy=games

An employee at GameCrazy told me that the GC ver has lots of bugs and that I should get the PS2 ver... any truth to this?

[quote name='yuy104']An employee at GameCrazy told me that the GC ver has lots of bugs and that I should get the PS2 ver... any truth to this?[/quote]

I thought the megaman anniversary GC version was inferior to the PS2, but in this collection they pretty much evened out. At least, I hope so because i have them both on GC :)

MMAC for Xbox is supposed to be the true superior version I thought, since it has both extras. I think MMXC is just based on your preference, really. Don't think one particular version stands out.

From what I have heard the Gamecube version of Mega Man X Collection is the same as the PS2 and Xbox versions.

On the otherhand, the original Mega Man Anniversary Collection for the Gamecube is different than the PS2 and Xbox versions.

"The PS2 and GameCube versions both present platform-exclusive extras as well. On the PS2, you are treated to a full episode of the Mega Man animated series, while GameCube players get several producer interviews. Of the two, the producer interviews are definitely more interesting, but ultimately, it's a fairly even mix between the two.
Aside from these platform-specific extras and the lack of in-game remixed audio tracks on the GameCube version, the two iterations of Mega Man Anniversary Collection are almost identically playable."

I have heard nothing of one version being buggier than another.

[quote name='serum79']From what I have heard the Gamecube version of Mega Man X Collection is the same as the PS2 and Xbox versions.

On the otherhand, the original Mega Man Anniversary Collection for the Gamecube is different than the PS2 and Xbox versions.

"The PS2 and GameCube versions both present platform-exclusive extras as well. On the PS2, you are treated to a full episode of the Mega Man animated series, while GameCube players get several producer interviews. Of the two, the producer interviews are definitely more interesting, but ultimately, it's a fairly even mix between the two.
Aside from these platform-specific extras and the lack of in-game remixed audio tracks on the GameCube version, the two iterations of Mega Man Anniversary Collection are almost identically playable."

I have heard nothing of one version being buggier than another.[/quote]

I don't think it was buggier, but i heard the controls were odd - and that they fixed it the next time around for the GC.

[quote name='neonglow']Has anyone ordered from atomicpark before?

Their Reseller Rating looks really awful.

http://www.resellerratings.com/seller2380.html[/quote]

Yes, this is the second time I ordered from them.
First time I got Rainbow Six: Black Arrow for the Xbox
And the second time I ordered Mega Man X Collection
I received both games in about 7 days.
They also have order tracking on the website so you can see where your item is.
Great packaging for both games.
Black Arrow came in a bubblewrap lined manilla envelope.
Mega Man X Collection was put into a bubblewrap lined UPS envelope, which was then placed into an appropriately sized cardboard box.

I can't say that everyone has had problem free experiences, but I haven't had a problem with my two orders.

Argh! I'd be all over this if it was only the PS2 version. I believe that the PS2 version has better audio(and better controls in my opinion), while the GCN version's visuals are better.

[quote name='ZForce915']The only way to truely enjoy this is with a hori gamecube controller. Man I wish I had one of those.[/quote]

I've tried playing this with the Hori controller but the button layout is tough to get used to. I'm actually trying to trade my Gamecube version for the PS2 version.

[quote name='ZForce915']Wow, thank you so much for that info. I've been looking for a retailer that still carries these.[/QUOTE]

gamecrazy still carries them. the one near me had 4-5 left at under $10. when I got mine it was something like $6.99 (that was in january, though).

[quote name='encendido5']I've tried playing this with the Hori controller but the button layout is tough to get used to. I'm actually trying to trade my Gamecube version for the PS2 version.[/quote]

I don't think that the layout is that tough, I guess that's just because I'm used to playing the games on the snes with the snes controller.

[quote name='serum79']I don't think that the layout is that tough, I guess that's just because I'm used to playing the games on the snes with the snes controller.[/quote]

So am I, but the B-button isn't in a very good spot. I'm afraid what that will be like when I try playing the PS1 X games.

[quote name='encendido5']So am I, but the B-button isn't in a very good spot. I'm afraid what that will be like when I try playing the PS1 X games.[/QUOTE]

I'm not concerned about button placement, it's having the analog d-pad in a comfortable position.

I want this game so bad but I think I'm holding off for the PS2 version because of the D-pad and that is the version of Anniversary Collection that I have. Thanks for the deal, though.

Dang - looks like it's backordered. I just looked at this for the first time today and the price is $29.43. For anyone that bought it - could you please tell me if the $19.00 came off in the shopping cart/total or if it was listed on the page posted at the beginning of this thread?

bread's done
Back