Mega Man X Collection (PS2) $19.99 at Gamestop - Reprint?

Why_So_Serious

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I just picked this up during the B2G1F sale today and it came in one of the new style ps2 cases. There's more and more copies coming in stock on their site each day and it may be slowly making its way to the stores.

[quote name='GUNNM']Apparently hubbagames is selling reprints but the one they sent me looks like the same as the original.[/QUOTE]

Is Hubba games an online store? I can't find it. Link, perhaps?

[quote name='pewpewpew']Really doubt there would ever be a gamecube reprint. It's the buttons rather than the D-pad that is annoying for the GC version of this game at least for me since I am so used to the classic controller configurations for each game. Still worth buying if you really don't want a PS2 though. I ended up canceling my order for this and just decided to put up with the controllers after thinking it over some more. Still very happy to own my GC version despite my complaints.

I'm not sure where you heard that the PS2 slim was unreliable though. It's a very nice console and the library for the PS2 is simply phenomenal.[/QUOTE]

I haven't heard of any issues with the Playstation 2 slim at all. I hope not since that's all I have and all my spares are the newest model. I wouldn't want to play this on the Gamecube pad, though it's certainly better than nothing.

you could always get that awesome Hori pad to play gamecube platformers on.

prolly pretty expensive, but its got a great D pad.

Just as a warning to those who intend to play this on reverse compatible PS3's- the game will noticeably lag during certain scenes and boss fights. Not sure how it does on the ps2.

For those asking if there's going to be a GC reprint, GameQuestDirect has already confirmed that no more Gamecube games will be printed and they won't be re-printing any.

[quote name='Moltres423']Just as a warning to those who intend to play this on reverse compatible PS3's- the game will noticeably lag during certain scenes and boss fights. Not sure how it does on the ps2.[/QUOTE]

Which type of PS3? 20/60GB model or the 80GB model that doesn't have the Emotion Engine?

[quote name='pewpewpew']Really doubt there would ever be a gamecube reprint. It's the buttons rather than the D-pad that is annoying for the GC version of this game at least for me since I am so used to the classic controller configurations for each game. Still worth buying if you really don't want a PS2 though. I ended up canceling my order for this and just decided to put up with the controllers after thinking it over some more. Still very happy to own my GC version despite my complaints.

I'm not sure where you heard that the PS2 slim was unreliable though. It's a very nice console and the library for the PS2 is simply phenomenal.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the replies, guys. Yeah, my roommate's PS2 Slim died on him. I did some research - it seems like every PS2 has issues, but all of the models are still generally reliable. I'll def buy a Slim at some point next year (when I have income) and buy all these PS games I've always wanted.

Guess I'll just wait on buying the X Collection either way. I pray I don't have to pay crazy money in the future!

Oh great, just found out my cancellation didn't go through because I got a shipment confirmation. Guess I'll find out if it's a reprint or not. Their ordering system is really glitchy for cancellations. I've canceled two orders now in the past couple of months both having issues in the end.

[/QUOTE]

I don't own the GC version, but I also heard there is a potential problem if you try to play it on a wii (only if using component cables, not the standard ones) on HDTVs. Apparently the video output is a non-standard resolution, so if your particular tv doesn't support it, then you get a black screen. I'm getting the ps2 version to be safe.

Last edited by a moderator:
What I would do to see the X series in the Xbox Live Arcade...I would easily pay $20 for it. I recently downloaded an emulator for the PC and replayed Mega Man X 1-3...1&2 was just a vivid reminder of my childhood, while 3 I never played. Replaying these classics with my wireless 360 controller was AWESOME.

I'd like to buy this but don't know if I should risk buying it online and getting a crappy copy or go check the one instore which is a 15 mile drive one way. Is the B2G1 deal still on?

Received my copy and indeed looks like a reprint. The disc and manual are absolute pristine condition on mines. The case however took a little bit of damage though. The front part has tears on the top part of the cover plastic(and a little mark on the artwork) but I'll probably just replace it with a non-flimsy standard PS2 case if I decide to keep it. The case doesn't look used however but more like it was just damaged to begin with.

I also ordered a "new" copy of King of Fighters the Orochi Saga which was a gutted copy and looks horrendous. Disc was in a cd sleave and put on the manual side of the case and was scratched up. Case looks absolutely horrible. This is the first time I got a gutted copy of a game from the website and it lowered my opinion of the website by a bit. I will only be ordering reprints from them from now on.

Overall, my reprint besides the case was excellent but it seems with Gamestop whether online or B&M, order at your own risk.

[quote name='ps2emotions']I'd like to buy this but don't know if I should risk buying it online and getting a crappy copy or go check the one instore which is a 15 mile drive one way.[/QUOTE]

I believe if you get a crappy copy from their site you should be able to take it to a store and return it. Granted, you probably be out for the shipping costs.

[quote name='GUNNM']How can you tell its a reprint?[/QUOTE]
Came in the same cheap type of case as Tales of Abyss reprint. Also the number of the copies on the website shot up in the past week. You can add 99 of them to your cart right now. Manual and disc look brand new. I'm not talking about the "like new" quality you can get on ebay where there are still light scratches and fingerprints but actually like the game has never been played before. Like I said though, there's always risks when ordering from Gamestop. I remember hearing a few complaints about people not getting reprinted copies of Tales of Abyss but received the usual used condition which isn't usually pretty.

I used the 16% off code and ordered this along with X7 and X8 and command mission all for the PS2. Total was around $36 tax and all shipped. Hope I at least get a nice copy of X collection.

[quote name='GUNNM']So theres pretty much no way to tell than besides the case?[/QUOTE]
Usually when gamestop reprints you'll see a spike in the quantities(going from 10 copies to 99+) and a repricing(which I believe happened to this one as well). The case just reaffirms it a little more. But hey this is just my experience with Vesperia, Abyss, and Xenosaga III. All three were repriced at 19.99 also I believe. Correct me if I'm wrong but you could always just buy and return a used game it if it's not in a good condition so it's not a huge deal if you have a Gamestop nearby. Either way, I'm happy since my game is pretty much flawless(imperfection on the artwork is extremely minor) once I swap the case out.

Thanks OP! My copy came in today and it is indeed a reprint, just like Tales Of Abyss (with the simpler style case). As already mentioned, disc is in pristine, unused condition, and there is very slight damage to the artwork/case.

Thanks to this thread, I picked up a used copy from the gs website. Turned out to be a great deal.

19.99 + 0.99 filler -10% edge (I also used a -$10 promo code from past purchases)

It arrived complete and in very good condition. Disk was pretty close to mint, hadn't been resurfaced.

bread's done
Back