Mega Man X7 and 8

Hell Monkey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
80 (100%)
So I have Mega Man X Collection. It doesn't include 7 and 8, so I want to get hold of them.

Is there anywhere to find these for relatively cheap? Some gamestops near me have them but they aren't really close, I'd have to parade all over town to find them and would rather avoid that.

Also does anyone know is Command Missions fits into the overall X story? (I plan to get Zero Collection as well to round ito ut)

Command Mission is an RPG type game and also isn't really considered part of the main X story. It takes place later on and only has slight references to the main X story. It's more like a spin-off series set years later.

As for where you can get Mega Man X7 and X8, as the poster above me said Amazon has a couple of used complete copies for $8-$14. Or you could also try Ebay which may be a bit cheaper.

I wish Capcom would hurry up and announce Mega Man X9 already. :razz:

I found X7 for $4.99, X8 for $8.99 and Command Missions for $5.99 at Gamestop. Just a lot of driving. THen again...no shipping charge Hmm..choices choices

Just a word of warning X7 is garbage. X8 on the other hand is an excellent Mega Man game. One of the hardest though

[quote name='Hell Monkey']I found X7 for $4.99, X8 for $8.99 and Command Missions for $5.99 at Gamestop. Just a lot of driving. THen again...no shipping charge Hmm..choices choices[/QUOTE]

If you can find them at Gamestop for those prices that would be a lot better since shipping really adds on to the price when it's $3.99 for each game.

[quote name='Rodimus']Just a word of warning X7 is garbage. X8 on the other hand is an excellent Mega Man game. One of the hardest though[/QUOTE]

Yeah but having a hole in my # collection would look bad.

I didn't find X7 too bad, actually liked it. Then again I'm a huge Mega Man nut. :p

But yea I guess you could say it's one of the weakest in the series.

[quote name='Hell Monkey']Yeah but having a hole in my # collection would look bad.[/QUOTE]

I hear ya. I didn't like X7 and didn't want to get rid of it because I felt the same about having a gap, but since the previous games is just "Mega Man X Collection," I store X8 afterward and just pretend X7 is included in the "Collection." Just a little tip for OCD Relief.

[quote name='dchrisd']Just a little tip for OCD Relief.[/QUOTE]

My OCD is strong!! I'm still going nuts because I don't have cover art on my Ghost of Sparta and can't find any online anywhere.

I got X7 (complete with manuel even) and X Command Missions last night (and printed cover art for CM already). Hopefully will find X8 today on lunch.

[quote name='Rodimus']Just a word of warning X7 is garbage. X8 on the other hand is an excellent Mega Man game. One of the hardest though[/QUOTE]
This.

I actually found 7 much harder than 8, but that could just be cause it sucked.

X7 is the only game in the series I haven't beat. I tried several times to play X7 and only would get as far as beating 1 or 2 master robots before giving up. The game was so bad that I immediately passed on X8 thinking it was going to be similar. But after seeing all the praise I eventually picked it up.

[quote name='Rodimus']X7 is the only game in the series I haven't beat. I tried several times to play X7 and only would get as far as beating 1 or 2 master robots before giving up. The game was so bad that I immediately passed on X8 thinking it was going to be similar. But after seeing all the praise I eventually picked it up.[/QUOTE]

I was the other way. bought 8 and loved it, and figured 7 would be just as good so I bought that too. man was I wrong.

I still haven't beat Command Mission yet. I have a save file pretty far into the game, but I thought it was a good game. The story is forgettable but it's a Mega Man RPG which by concept alone is awesome.

Just a FYI: Gamestop stores throw away the cases for all PS2 games $4.99 and less (they keep the discs in sleeves at the counter to save space.) If you're anal about the case/manual you might want to avoid driving around to find only a loose copy.

[quote name='Rozz']Just a FYI: Gamestop stores throw away the cases for all PS2 games $4.99 and less (they keep the discs in sleeves at the counter to save space.) If you're anal about the case/manual you might want to avoid driving around to find only a loose copy.[/QUOTE]

My $4.99 X7 was complete with case and manual actually.

My $9.99 X8 on the other hand had neither. I stole the case from my Red Faction (which I'm gettign rid of) and printed some cover art though so it is all good.

[quote name='Hell Monkey']My $4.99 X7 was complete with case and manual actually.

My $9.99 X8 on the other hand had neither. I stole the case from my Red Faction (which I'm gettign rid of) and printed some cover art though so it is all good.[/QUOTE]

That's cool that your Gamestop's actually keep the cases for the cheaper games. In my region every store has thrown out the cases for the $4.99 games and puts the discs by the register.

bread's done
Back