Meijer apparently clearancing out a bunch of Wii U titles in-store.

Nintendonly

CAGiversary!
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=685129

jHrJU4R8iOr9a.jpg

Too bad I don't live anywhere near one.

Darn, I just bought Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate digitally the other day. I would have been in on the physical copy for the same price for sure.

I can confirm my meijer here in Michigan had the same sale going on. Monster Hunter and Game & Wario are the highlights :)

Assassin's Creed III - $19.99

Call of Duty Black Ops II - $29.99

Fifa Soccer 13 - $19.99

Game & Wario - $19.99

Injustice: Gods Among Us - $29.99

Jeopardy - $29.99

LEGO Batman 2 - $19.99

Madden NFL 13 - $19.99

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate - $29.99

Nintendoland - $29.99

Resident Evil Revelations - $29.99

Scribblenauts Unlimited - $19.99

The Amazing Spider-Man - $19.99

The Croods - $19.99

Wheel of Fortune - $29.99

ZombiU - $29.99

Also of note, Meijer is having a 10% off any electronics item for mperk members this Friday / Saturday. 10% isn't much, but a couple of dollars is still savings :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Tempting on Game & Wario for $20, but the reviews are bad: http://www.metacritic.com/game/wii-u/game-wario
We should all know better than to listen to reviews (gameplay videos is where it's at) For example, IGN gave The Wonderful 101 a 7.4 even though user scores on Metacritic are right on par with GTA 5, and I can personally attest the game is as good, if not better than Pikmin 3, which received 9's across the board. As for Game & Wario, I pre ordered it and played it through, unlocking all 14 games. It's by no means a bad game, it's just not a great game. Some of the mini-games that received unfavorable analysis turned out to be my absolute favorites, and some of the ones I THOUGHT would be the best turned out to be just "ok". All in all, it's DEFINITELY worth $20 imo. The sidescrolling witch game where she's flying on a broom is a delight, as is Taxi and the "Fronks" game. Definitely has some good singleplayer content, but you'll get the most out of this game when you have friends to play with.

Saw this today as I was returning the bottles, was just about to post! Dont have a Wii U, but some darn good deals they had! I think if you have a meijer around you, they could stack for b2g1!

Just got back, said they couldn't match Buy X Get X sales, but it never hurts to try at another store. I suppose I could have tried to match Meijer's prices at Target, but they probably wouldn't allow it if it wasn't in the sale ad, so...

Anyway, picked up Game & Wario, if it's terrible, it trades in for 15 at Gamestop so no big loss.

I just came from the Mt. Pleasant, MI store and they have the same sale going on.

It's definitely not a clearance - just a sale.

This may be giving Meijer too much credit, but I'd say the sale is to coincide with the release of the Zelda WiiU. They had six Zelda consoles in Mt. Pleasant as of this morning.

While Windwaker is one of my favorite games of all-time (and the only Zelda I've beaten), I'm holding out for another price drop or some solid first party titles before I dive into the WiiU.

Scribblenauts Unlimited is very tempting but I bought the 3DS version so I'm not sure if I want to double dip for the HD version.

Eh... All of those games have been the same price before at other places (Best Buy, Amazon, Target) before, or even cheaper ($20 Black Ops 2, ZombiU, and NintendoLand) except for Monster Hunter and Game & Wario.

Nothing to get excited about.

"Clearance" would imply a $5 to $15 range (which none of these are part of) and it looks like only select titles are on sale.

Picked up Game and Wario at mine for $20.  Easily worth the price.  If you have a chance at picking it up and like fun multiplayer, this is worth it.

We should all know better than to listen to reviews (gameplay videos is where it's at) For example, IGN gave The Wonderful 101 a 7.4 even though user scores on Metacritic are right on par with GTA 5, and I can personally attest the game is as good, if not better than Pikmin 3, which received 9's across the board. As for Game & Wario, I pre ordered it and played it through, unlocking all 14 games. It's by no means a bad game, it's just not a great game. Some of the mini-games that received unfavorable analysis turned out to be my absolute favorites, and some of the ones I THOUGHT would be the best turned out to be just "ok". All in all, it's DEFINITELY worth $20 imo. The sidescrolling witch game where she's flying on a broom is a delight, as is Taxi and the "Fronks" game. Definitely has some good singleplayer content, but you'll get the most out of this game when you have friends to play with.
They had given Zombii U like a 6.x or so... Seriously? I almost returned my copy and I was like shocked they had given it that when I started playing, clearly was a different game.

Eesh, I try to make a funny and look what happens.

I can confirm my meijer here in Michigan had the same sale going on. Monster Hunter and Game & Wario are the highlights :)
Same, just picked up Monster Hunter and Scribblenauts.

They had given Zombii U like a 6.x or so... Seriously? I almost returned my copy and I was like shocked they had given it that when I started playing, clearly was a different game.
It looks like a horrible launch title like Red Steel from the packaging but I've heard it's outstanding so I picked it up on that alone tonight. Now I need to buy a WiiU tomorrow...

It looks like a horrible launch title like Red Steel from the packaging but I've heard it's outstanding so I picked it up on that alone tonight. Now I need to buy a WiiU tomorrow...
It was getting BLASTED in reviews, and praised in others, It mostly was the general mindset about the Wii U, how it was overpriced, they didn't like the lack of launch titles, etc. The game is fun as heck, and if you have friends that play the game it is a little extra that if they die, they will show up in YOUR game as a zombie and you can go kill them and get what they had XD. I really like the game, I mean It just utilizes the gamepad extremely well, that even when opening chests, or using your inventory, the game doesn't pause, and you need to keep your eyes on the TV as well as the game pad, or you might become zombie treats.

It was getting BLASTED in reviews, and praised in others, It mostly was the general mindset about the Wii U, how it was overpriced, they didn't like the lack of launch titles, etc. The game is fun as heck, and if you have friends that play the game it is a little extra that if they die, they will show up in YOUR game as a zombie and you can go kill them and get what they had XD. I really like the game, I mean It just utilizes the gamepad extremely well, that even when opening chests, or using your inventory, the game doesn't pause, and you need to keep your eyes on the TV as well as the game pad, or you might become zombie treats.
Yeah, I would never have touched the game if I hadn't heard the Weekend Confirmed podcast (pretty sure it was them) around when they came out and talking about how awesome and innovative the game was.

If it was a clearance item it wouldn't have a sale tag under it. Those items are on sale, not on clearance.
He's right, I had meant to mention that as well but forgot. Now they could still be trying to get rid of stock and stop carrying some of those titles but the tag's don't give any indication other than it's an unadvertised sale. Then again they didn't have Game & Wario and had pulled the sale tag.

I have to check for Game and Wario at my local store, tomorrow. I've always loved the WarioWare series, but this is a few mini games. As opposed to a large collection if microgames. Didn't wanna spend $40. $20 is a swell deal for a first party Nintendo game.

ZombiU is great, anyone who is a fan of zombie games or survival horror needs to pick it up. The game made me jump more than anything since the Resident Evil GCN remake.

Completing the game on Survivor Mode was intense. You die and it's over, the game auto-saves / erases your progress. The game is doable in 5 or 6 hours if you know what you're doing (even less for speedrunners I've seen), but my first playthrough (on the Normal mode) was around 12 hours I think.

Plus it's still the best example of WiiU controller usage. Your inventory is on the touch screen, the gyro / tilt controls of the pad are used for aiming your environment scanner and mounted turret guns, and map + sonar radar are on display. The reason why looking down at the screen is effective in this game is because you don't WANT to take your eyes off the main display, since you need to be on the lookout for zombies. It just creates an immersive experience, especially since your in-game character is actually using a similar looking device.

went to the meijer in Evergreen Park, IL, on Sunday, and not one sign...

guess it was a temp sale or something like that...

Defintely would have grabbed MHU3 HD and Amazing Spiderman...:(

Had called some stores Sunday, and all the games were regular priced. Would have definitely gotten Wario & Game, but I'll just wait for a drop.

Thanks anyway, OP.

I would jump on Injustice (friends tell me only competition is softer on Wii U than PS3, which at this point is 99% pros or spammers), but with the GotY rumors that keep popping up, I'm holding out on that announcement...

bread's done
Back