Meijer Daily Coupons (Different Coupons each day through 11/18)

Sofa King Cheap

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
I can't find these online (yet). These are daily coupons that you can most likely pickup in store from their 2 WEEK SALE ad.

Video game coupons (one item and coupon per family, each day):

11/7 $20 off any game $49.99 or Higher

11/10 $30 off PSP Core Unit (nice deal in combo with the free $20 game deal)

11/15 $30 off PS2 Unit (I know what my niece and nephew are getting for Christmas)

11/17 $20 off GBA unit

That's all for games. There are also other daily coupons for toys and other electronics, but you're on your own. :)

I just called my local Meijer to see when they were selling GoW and at first he told me tomarrow at 5PM (at which I almost pissed my pants) but they checked in the computer and he told me Wed at 5PM. Maybe I'll get lucky and they'll have it up tomarrow for me to use my coupon.

And if anyone here works at Meijer, will an employee get in trouble if they go in the back and get me it if they have it and it isn't on the shelves?

[quote name='Burchamj']was a coupon for today 5.00 off any movie 19.95 or more? because my meijer just had that posted all over the section?[/QUOTE]

Yep, yep. For the 5th and the 6th.

Went to Meijer at midnight to get Guitar Hero 2 like the ad says they should have ("12:01 am") but they didn't have it out or in the back (had someone check). They said they might get it on an 8 am shipment.

Agggh

[quote name='Rictor']I'll probably try printing it out. Yah, I looked for that little booklet and didn't see it, but I'll check again tomorrow.[/QUOTE]
The coupons are double-sided, though, so I don't think printing it out would work.

[quote name='icruise']The coupons are double-sided, though, so I don't think printing it out would work.[/QUOTE]

I was suggesting printing out the cover of the booklet, so the employees could find the booklet for the customer (if they're ignorant on what it looks like). I'm sure the service desk would have to have a copy somehow.

Can someone confirm that Guitar Hero 2 disc only works with this coupon? I'm heading over tonight and I'm worried that they priced it at 49.95 or something just to get it around the deak

I jumped on Final Fantasy XII for $32 out the door ($31 something after tax actually).

Well, I didn't. I got my wife to go. They only had 2 copies left when she was just there, so they likely wouldn't have had any tonight. I'll probably save it as a Christmas gift from my parents to me (they always send money now to go and buy something, as opposed to them buying and then paying shipping).

That, and I have school stuff and a trip over Thanksgiving, so I wouldn't have much time for it anyway.

[quote name='purduealum91']Can these coupons be picked up in store?[/QUOTE]

Obviously varies store to store, but Westland, MI had the coupons in the front of the store with the ads. So, I would look there (also, ask at the area where you can buy smokes/make returns.

I just called Southfield, MI Meijer and asked if they had Guitar Hero 2 in yet...

"We don't get new release games until Thursday of that week at 5 pm"

Called the one in Madison Heights "Yes we have it"

fuck Southfield good for nothing lazy ass Meijer.

update: Royal Oak Meijer "doesn't have it in yet"

and I remind you of the "midnight release"

I got a copy of the coupons last night from my parents (I don't subscribe to a paper). That 30% off iPod coupon is an incredible deal. I don't think I saw anyone mention this in the thread, but you also get a register coupon for $20 off any iPod or iPod accessory over $79 if you buy $50 or more of P&G products. I'm not positive that the two can be combined, but if they could, you could get an iPod for $155. And apparently you can get more than one of the $20 coupons and combine them, too.

I have my eye on the new iPod shuffle, but I'm guessing that they won't have it in stock yet. It would be perfect for this deal, since it's $79.

[quote name='PigeonSt']I just called Southfield, MI Meijer and asked if they had Guitar Hero 2 in yet...

"We don't get new release games until Thursday of that week at 5 pm"

Called the one in Madison Heights "Yes we have it"

fuck Southfield good for nothing lazy ass Meijer.

update: Royal Oak Meijer "doesn't have it in yet"

and I remind you of the "midnight release"[/QUOTE]

Checking the one by Great Lakes Crossing during my lunch. I'd assume they would have it. However, if Gears is out (not likely) I'll use it for that instead and try to get another coupon or something.

So you guys know, when I picked up Guitar Hero 2 this morning, I had to ask for it at the counter; all the boxes were in the back since they didn't have room for them in the case. FYI

[quote name='inefficiency device']So you guys know, when I picked up Guitar Hero 2 this morning, I had to ask for it at the counter; all the boxes were in the back since they didn't have room for them in the case. FYI[/quote]

Okay I did some hard nosed stuff.

Southfield MI does NOT have them. They accidentially ordered the wrong version of the game and will have GH2 on a rush order tomorrow.

Madison Hts said they had it, I went there and they didn't have it. I complained to the service desk and as I was complaining the rude electronics lady happened to "find the last one in the office, the rest sold out this morning" after telling me that her store didn't get them in and she wouldn't check in the back because if they were in the back "someone would have called me".

I think we should confirm if we can pricematch this at any other store that has Gears today.

[quote name='PigeonSt']Okay I did some hard nosed stuff.

Southfield MI does NOT have them. They accidentially ordered the wrong version of the game and will have GH2 on a rush order tomorrow.
[/QUOTE]

I was at Southfield Meijer, and they DO HAVE Guitar Hero II (at least the one with the guitar, not sure about only game version).

5 of them sitting on a shelf if you approach from the Hardware section you can't miss them.

still though they have maybe the crappiest game section I have ever seen, such a jumbled mess, nothing i wanted. Disgaea 2, Marvel game, nothing. terrible selection and set up with half the games thrown in at the bottom unable to see what titles are available.

this was at 1:30 pm.

I went to Meijer not sure if I was going to get anything. They didn't have Marvel Ultimate Alliance for the 360 and there weren't too many other good games over $50, but I eventually settled on Final Fantasy XII for $30. I also used the other deal (buy a game $29.99 or less and get another for 50% off) to get Mario Hoops and Trauma Center for the DS. I wanted to get either Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2 or Contact instead of Mario Hoops, but they were both $34.99 and wouldn't qualify for the deal.

After I checked out I realized that I had been given a further 10% off my total. It seems that the clerk must have accidentally given me her employee discount or something, because at the top of the receipt it says "team member discount" and by the 10% it says "10% TM DISC." So I ended up getting all three games for 72.70 after tax. Good deal.

[quote name='icruise']I got a copy of the coupons last night from my parents (I don't subscribe to a paper). That 30% off iPod coupon is an incredible deal. I don't think I saw anyone mention this in the thread, but you also get a register coupon for $20 off any iPod or iPod accessory over $79 if you buy $50 or more of P&G products. I'm not positive that the two can be combined, but if they could, you could get an iPod for $155. And apparently you can get more than one of the $20 coupons and combine them, too.

I have my eye on the new iPod shuffle, but I'm guessing that they won't have it in stock yet. It would be perfect for this deal, since it's $79.[/quote]

Just to let you know, the 30% off coupon is only good for the 30GB. It seems like you knew this, but then you had the comment towards the end about the shuffle.

The coupon is only good toward the 30GB model, but the "buy $50 of P&G products and get $20 off of an iPod or accessory" would work on any iPod. Unfortunately my store doesn't have the shuffles anyway. But my mom is going to get one of the 30GB video iPods.

[quote name='pachi']I was at Southfield Meijer, and they DO HAVE Guitar Hero II (at least the one with the guitar, not sure about only game version).

5 of them sitting on a shelf if you approach from the Hardware section you can't miss them.

still though they have maybe the crappiest game section I have ever seen, such a jumbled mess, nothing i wanted. Disgaea 2, Marvel game, nothing. terrible selection and set up with half the games thrown in at the bottom unable to see what titles are available.

this was at 1:30 pm.[/quote]

I don't understand, you can't approach from the hardware section in the Southfield store (btw my problems were at about 10:30 am).

Well, went to two Meijer stores (Avon and the one off 38th St. in Indy) and both were sold out of Guitar Hero II as around 2 pm. I did pick up a Dance Dance Revolution Supernova bundle for $40 though. Also considering getting a black 30 gig Ipod video for $175 on Friday.

Are the Ipods worth 175 even? I mean with battery problems only lasting 2 hours, I was thinking of getting one, but iunno

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']Anybody know if the $20 off could be used for price matching at another store???[/quote]

I just called EB and they said they wouldn't price match coupons.

[quote name='TheOne06']Are the Ipods worth 175 even? I mean with battery problems only lasting 2 hours, I was thinking of getting one, but iunno[/QUOTE]
What battery problems are these? The older 30GB video iPods did have short battery life when watching video (they were fine for music) but the new models are much improved. I love my iPod.

[quote name='PigeonSt']I don't understand, you can't approach from the hardware section in the Southfield store (btw my problems were at about 10:30 am).[/QUOTE]

sorry, i meant like this: (the sports section i forgot)

meijeryn8.jpg

Here's the other coupons that gamers may be interested in:

11/8 - $200 off Magnavox 17" LCD TV (regularly $500)
11/14 - $50 off Initial 7" Portable DVD Player (reg. $119.99) - I got one for $30 from CompUSA though.

11/16 - $15 off Emerson Micro Audio System (reg. $49.99)
11/18 - 50% off gfm 250 MB Digital MP3 Player (reg. $34.97)

Buy 2 season DVD box sets get $5 off, buy 3 and get $10 off.

picked up FF12 for 30. saw disgaea 2 there as well in fort wayne.

Was tempted to get

Children of mana and Magical starsign for 45 bucks but passed

Went to the Meijer in Holland, MI at noon and they didn't have GH2 yet. Gonna check in Grandville on my way home from work. Fingers crossed...

Tomorrow I'm going back to get my girlfriend a 30 GB iPod for her X-Mas gift. :)

[quote name='evilmregg']
Tomorrow I'm going back to get my girlfriend a 30 GB iPod for her X-Mas gift. :)[/QUOTE]
The iPod coupon is only good on Friday.

[quote name='pachi']sorry, i meant like this: (the sports section i forgot)

meijeryn8.jpg
[/quote]

I'm talking about the Meijer on Telegraph and 12 mile. Where you have "sports" there's a photo department in the one I'm talking about.

[quote name='PigeonSt']I'm talking about the Meijer on Telegraph and 12 mile. Where you have "sports" there's a photo department in the one I'm talking about.[/QUOTE]

that's the very one, I consider the photo part of the games since that's where you pay for games i think. it's more electronics then games.

[quote name='evilmregg']Went to the Meijer in Holland, MI at noon and they didn't have GH2 yet. Gonna check in Grandville on my way home from work. Fingers crossed...

Tomorrow I'm going back to get my girlfriend a 30 GB iPod for her X-Mas gift. :)[/quote]

Sweet a fellow CAGer shopping in Holland,MI that is where I live. I really wanted Gears of War today but just left Meijer...no such luck.

Just got back from mine...picked up phantasy star for $40. Asked about GoW and the clerk said he hadn't seen it yet.

Going by games that i've wanted previously at meijer, i'm going to stop by again late tonight when they do their stocking to see if they have it.

I picked up GHII. I wanted game only since I already have a guitar but I had to get it so I got the bundle. No Gears of War at mine either:cry:

[quote name='Mogambi']Sweet a fellow CAGer shopping in Holland,MI that is where I live. I really wanted Gears of War today but just left Meijer...no such luck.[/QUOTE]
Same. If not gears of war I was hoping for something good that was priced at $50 so it would just be $30. There were some decent titles for $40 after coupon, but nothing I thought that I wanted enough.

The girl at my Meijer said they had GoW in the back but couldn't put it out because it wasn't coming out until tomorrow. It was funny because I didn't even ask about it. Don't know if there will be an opportunity to use the coupon or not, but I would guess not.

[quote name='Ispep Aloc']Can you buy a game with the coupon and return it tomorrow to exchange for Gears of War?[/quote]

I'm guessing not because you would only get $40 for the games you bought today.

[quote name='Dingleberry']I'm guessing not because you would only get $40 for the games you bought today.[/QUOTE]
Oh well. Was worth a shot.

[quote name='Ispep Aloc']Can you buy a game with the coupon and return it tomorrow to exchange for Gears of War?[/QUOTE]
Yeah, for $20 extra :)

[quote name='TheOne06']Are the Ipods worth 175 even? I mean with battery problems only lasting 2 hours, I was thinking of getting one, but iunno[/QUOTE]

Just pay the $50 and get the 2 year extended warranty on the ipod. Then return it either when the battery charge starts to diminish (or sooner if Apple comes out with a new model) and get your brand new replacement ipod and buy another $50 warranty for the new one.

I've been doing this for about 5 years at CompUSA. Not a bad deal - Pay $300 one time upfront for your Ipod and get a replacement every couple of years for $50. I've upgraded from a 10GB to a 20GB to a 30GB video version (all were $299 at the time) with no hassles.

If anyone was wondering, Best Buy should pricematch the coupon, at least they did for me. They might have GoW out today, and they're more likely to have GH2 in stock.

bread's done
Back