Meijer one day only sale Friday

OMG, that's the sale I'm waiting for, but there's one huge problem. I doubt my Meijer will have Phantom Brave and Star Ocean 3, what I really want most. They might have Hot Shots Golf Fore and GhostHunter, two other games I want.

Don't they usually run this sale on Black Firday too? I think I remember getting like $400 worth of new releases for $300 or something once there.

Meijer is in IN, KT, IL, OH, & MI only. It's like Walmart with groceries. If you haven't heard of it, you ain't got one.

And, if I remember correctly, the Black friday sale was 20% all video game software and accessories PLUS they had santa bucks concurrently.

[quote name='bmulligan']Meijer is in IN, KT, IL, OH, & MI only. It's like Walmart with groceries. If you haven't heard of it, you ain't got one.
[/quote]

All the Walmart's around here have groceries. :?

[quote name='KurtCobain'][quote name='bmulligan']Meijer is in IN, KT, IL, OH, & MI only. It's like Walmart with groceries. If you haven't heard of it, you ain't got one.
[/quote]

All the Walmart's around here have groceries. :?[/quote]

When I moved to Indiana, the Meijer chain was one of the biggest surprises. I had never heard of it, but the first time I walked around one, I thought it made your typical Super Walmart location look like a convenience store.

When it comes to video game pricing there, it's quite unusual. Sometimes, it can lead the way on price drops (more along the lines of Target); other times, they lag behind (Toys R US-style). In fact, it's possible to have an example of each sitting right next to each other behind the glass.

[quote name='bmulligan']Meijer is in IN, KT, IL, OH, & MI only. It's like Walmart with groceries. If you haven't heard of it, you ain't got one.

And, if I remember correctly, the Black friday sale was 20% all video game software and accessories PLUS they had santa bucks concurrently.[/quote]Actually, it wasn't on Black Friday, but usually around the middle of December. They do have 20% on videogames starting on Thanksgiving and running until Sunday. I remember because I've bought games the last two years on those days, and will do the same this year. Last year, they had Santa bucks a few days before Christmas, because I remember using them to buy Sword of Mana, a Gameboy Player, and Midtown Madness 3.

Damn,if only mine wasn't shutting down, then they'd have phantom brave and star ocean. and i'd be able to get them for like 80 after tax. and yes, $20 is a huge difference for me.

Thanks OP, I may have to take a trip to Mt. Pleasant tomorrow to pick up some of the GH titles I've been eyeing.

Meijers,

Funny as hell commercials for the past year.

A larges store most if not all are open 24 hours, most have gas stations. They are everywhere. I mean I am in Lansing and we have 4 or 5 of them within 15 miles radius.

They have almost everything very similar to a super super walmart. They have produce,clothes, gas, household paint fixtures, games,movies, furniture, I could go on.

I personally think its a pretty nice store to have. Most people that havent seen one are shocked when they walk into one.

Any restrictions on buying two copies of the SAME game. I looked and Nascar 2005 is going for over $40 on EBAY.

So...two for $75 - $40 sell = $35 for a new game.

Not bad if I want to take the time to EBAY it.

[quote name='Snake2715']Meijers,

A larges store most if not all are open 24 hours, most have gas stations. They are everywhere. I mean I am in Lansing and we have 4 or 5 of them within 15 miles radius.

They have almost everything very similar to a super super walmart. They have produce,clothes, gas, household paint fixtures, games,movies, furniture, I could go on.

I personally think its a pretty nice store to have. Most people that havent seen one are shocked when they walk into one.[/quote]Well, Meijer has been only in the midwest. My opinion is, Meijer kills Wal-Mart in every way. All three Meijer's in Fort Wayne, IN, are located close to Wal-Mart's, and they get much more business, especially the Meijer on Illinois road. They have better prices, better stuff, better sales, and just a better store. Wal-Mart is like a rummage sale with junk all over the place not very organized, compared to Meijer which id neat. I could almost guarntee that if Meijer was all over the country, Wal-Mart would not be dominating.

I consider Meijer like both Menards and K's Merchandise. They are only in the midwest, but their prices and selections beat stores that are located throughout the country.

[quote name='snowmizer']When it comes to video game pricing there, it's quite unusual. Sometimes, it can lead the way on price drops (more along the lines of Target); other times, they lag behind (Toys R US-style). In fact, it's possible to have an example of each sitting right next to each other behind the glass.[/quote]

Every so often, you find completely random price drops as well. Case in point: at a Meijer's store half an hour away from my house, I found Super Puzzle Fighter II for the GBA for $20. I'd never seen the game go for that cheap before, and I haven't seen it at that price since. Then again, I haven't seen the game itself since...

I've got a bunch of games that I have yet to play, but this is still tempting. I want my Astro Boy...but I won't have time to play it because of school and getting ready for college. Rats. :?

Unfortunately they Meijer in Kokomo, which is across the street from a Wal-Mart Super Center and it is being dominated to the point of shutting down sometime soon. Oh well, I can atleast look tomorrow afternoon. It never hurts to try.

[quote name='Samurai T'][quote name='Snake2715']Meijers,

I personally think its a pretty nice store to have. Most people that havent seen one are shocked when they walk into one.[/quote]Well, Meijer has been only in the midwest. My opinion is, Meijer kills Wal-Mart in every way. All three Meijer's in Fort Wayne, IN, are located close to Wal-Mart's, and they get much more business, especially the Meijer on Illinois road. They have better prices, better stuff, better sales, and just a better store. Wal-Mart is like a rummage sale with junk all over the place not very organized, compared to Meijer which id neat. I could almost guarntee that if Meijer was all over the country, Wal-Mart would not be dominating.

I consider Meijer like both Menards and K's Merchandise. They are only in the midwest, but their prices and selections beat stores that are located throughout the country.[/quote]

The only thing I can say to that is on teh Menards subject. They are not set up for actual large sales. They stock Of brands that are close tot eh real brand names. They run ads for things they dont or cannot stock just to cause Home Deopt or Lowes to match prices. When i say cannot stock I mean they dont offer that brand or its an exclusive brand to either Home Depot or Lowes.

They can get away with all this because they are not publicly owned. Also they have an 11% price match but it has to be the "EXACT" same item where at Home Depot and for the most time Lowes if its close then they match it.

There is a lot of deception going on when it comes to Menards. Do not be fooled by them their stuff is normally a cheap knockoff.

With all the praises everyone is giving to Meijer's - you are all missing the best part - it's open 24 hours! It's a beautiful thing when I can buy a pair of jeans, a case of beer, and a couple of quarts of motor oil at 1 am. (Yes I'm speaking from experience)

[quote name='Querjek']Don't they usually run this sale on Black Firday too? I think I remember getting like $400 worth of new releases for $300 or something once there.[/quote]

BAHAHHA...if its 50% off you mean 400 worth of stuff for 200 hundred ...LOL :lol:

[quote name='Samurai T'][quote name='Snake2715']Meijers,

I consider Meijer like both Menards and K's Merchandise. They are only in the midwest, but their prices and selections beat stores that are located throughout the country.[/quote]

YEa but at least here in fort wayne No1 can beat walmart prices on video games if a game is on sale they always have the 2-5 bucks cheaper

I may check today on my way home....half day of work. I need to pick up some beer anyways, so I can kill two birds with one stone....love these multi-task stores!

Yeah, off topic, but I live in Michigan, and Meijer has some of the best prices for alcoholic beverages. You can also get liquor off the shelf, so you don't have to feel like an alcoholic by standing near the liquor stand trying to make a decision.

On topic, this is sweet. I've been wanting to get some games this weekend. A solid buy 1 get 1 half off is just what the doctor ordered.

Anyone know if they're stingy on their return/exchange policy? I wanted to pick up a "surely keep" game and make sure to ge that at 50% off and pick another one for exchage later for Burnout. I don't know hou much hassle I might get though.

Man, I miss Meijer!

We got one in my hometown (McHenry, IL) a few years ago and it became our late night haunt. Whenever I was home for summer break or whatever me and the boys were tanked at like 4 AM, we'd cruise (we had a DD, don't worry) over there and pick up some Pizza Rolls and usually have cart fights in the wine aisle. Oh and I'll never forget the time my friend puked in the cart return. Haha, good times.

And yeah those 20% off sales around christmas time were quite nice.

I went today and their selection sucked....no Star Ocean 3, no Pikmin 2.....

I wanted to get Astro Boy for GBA, which they didn't have. So I got DK and SMB classic for GBA. Both for $30, not bad.

Last time they had this I got 2 PS2 HDDs one 50% off and the other was regular price. The 2nd drive was for my bro but when he didn't want it I tried to sell it. I couldn't find a buyer so I took it back and girl behind the counter refunded me the full price of the first drive even after I told her that it was buy one get one half off.

hmm err I'd say that wrong but if they are not gonna listen what cha gonna do. I try to be an honest man but things like this happen from time to time. You can only tell them what's right so many times... bleh

I actually didn't buy anything during the sale. My reason is that I want Phantom Brave and Star Ocean 3 really bad right now, and they didn't have them. They did have Hot Shots Golf Fore, that I really wanted. The other games I wanted, like Ghost Hunter, Crimson Tears, and Way of the Samurai 2, I just haven't played and didn't want to risk it until either a price drop or when I played them.

[quote name='Daddy'][quote name='Querjek']Don't they usually run this sale on Black Firday too? I think I remember getting like $400 worth of new releases for $300 or something once there.[/quote]
BAHAHHA...if its 50% off you mean 400 worth of stuff for 200 hundred ...LOL :lol:[/quote]
Umm... let's do the math:
buy 4 games @ $50 each, get 4 for 50% off
4 games x 50=200
+
4 games x 50 x 50%=100
100+200=$300 for 8 games that would normally run for $400

What are these "santa bucks"?

[quote name='Daddy'][quote name='Querjek']Don't they usually run this sale on Black Firday too? I think I remember getting like $400 worth of new releases for $300 or something once there.[/quote]

BAHAHHA...if its 50% off you mean 400 worth of stuff for 200 hundred ...LOL :lol:[/quote]

Um...no. Let's try splitting the $400 equally, and then halving the second chunk of it - the second "game," if you will.

200 + (200 / 2) = 200 + 100 = 300

Daddy = :dunce:

(I've just noticed that Querjerk already did the math...but I'll leave mine to prove that I actually can do simple math. :wink:)

In any case, I didn't find anything at all. I wanted Astro Boy for my GBA, but they didn't have it. They didn't have any copies of the GBA Wario Ware either - my sister wanted that one. No luck at all...but the ad DID say that the sale was Friday AND Saturday, so there's always today. :)

bread's done
Back