Meijer Wii launch deal. Any others?

Nutts

CAGiversary!
Feedback
45 (100%)
I know Meijer's is promoting a free Wiimote, with the purchase of a Wii and Wiimote. I'm not sure if they ment they would give your your second wiimote free or if you had to buy a second wiimote to get a third free. Either way it's the only deal I've heard about, what's going on at the other stores?

Does anyone have any inventory figures for stores for the Wii launch?

Meijer does a raffle for launches. I was at the one near me for the PS3 but I didn't even bother to put my name in. There were still 300-400 people in line at 11:30 pm, so I'm sure they delayed the raffle until 1-2 am until everyone was signed up. I'd say there were 1,000 people total there. For the Wii, I'd expect around 300 people, similar to the numbers they had for the 360 launch last year. They will probably have around 10-20 systems on launch day.

[quote name='Rictor']They will probably have around 10-20 systems on launch day.[/quote]

Funny a Meijer would only have that many, my Wal-Mart which is in a small town says they will have 29. Maybe they are blowing smoke, but they aren't even doing a line outside like they did for the PS3 unless something changes between a couple hours ago and closing time tomorrow.

My strategy will be to buy locally and if these things end up being in such great supply I can get a better deal when I head to the big city on Black Friday I will buy another and return the full MSRP plus tax one to Wal-Mart.

[quote name='Nutts']I know Meijer's is promoting a free Wiimote, with the purchase of a Wii and Wiimote. I'm not sure if they ment they would give your your second wiimote free or if you had to buy a second wiimote to get a third free. Either way it's the only deal I've heard about, what's going on at the other stores?

Does anyone have any inventory figures for stores for the Wii launch?[/QUOTE]

The deal is buy a system and an extra wiimote and get a nunchuck for free.

So you essentially save $20.

I live near a 24hour meijer, I went in and asked about it.. they said they are getting 17 Wii's and that they are allowing people to start lining up tonight at midnight, and once there is as much people as how many Wii's they have, they aren't going to let you line up anymore. Btw, the deal is if you buy an extra wiimote you get a free nunchuk.

[quote name='rustinr']Btw, the deal is if you buy an extra wiimote you get a free nunchuk.[/quote]

I guess that makes more sense then. I will probably try get 4 sets anyway, but at least you get something for free.

bread's done
Back