Meijer YMMV deals: Tales of Vesperia $35, Dead Space (360) $45, more

psychobrawler

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
Just got back from the local Meijer (Jackson, MI) and the have some pretty good price reductions on some games. These were not part of the sale ad, and not marked clearanced - just stickered at lower prices. These were probably the best of the bunch, but there were a few other random games in there too.

Tales of Vesperia wasn't an easy find for me in Metro Detroit. It wasn't until my 5th Meijer until I had found that location's last copy. So moral of the story... if you want it, find it now!

Tales of Vesperia is $35 at the Sterling Hts Meijer.

I saw Tales marked at $35 in Oxford when I last went to Meijer for the buy 2 get 1 sale. I think there was only one left so it may be gone by now. There was also one Disgaea PS3 left for $29.99 after I bought one.

[quote name='Dr. Pizza']Tales of Vesperia was 40 bucks in Saginaw's, but the price was right at 45 for Dead Space.[/quote]

Which one? Gratiot or Rush Hour Clusterfuck Road?

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Which one? Gratiot or Rush Hour Clusterfuck Road?[/quote]

Rush Hour Cluster fuck Road which im pretty sure you mean the one off of Tibawasse and Bay Roads, am i right? lol

last I checked they had the tales game for 35 at the Meijer on Highland and Pontiac Lake Rd, so that might be worth taking a look at if you are in the area.

At the Champaign, Illinois Meijer I saw Fallout 3 Collector's Edition for $40 for both PS3 and 360 (PC one was still 70). Picked up the last 360 one, but there were 3-4 PS3 Collector's Editions left yesterday.

Thanks OP. Picked up Tales of Vesperia and Farcry 2 both at $34.99 at the New Albany IN, Meijer. They had more copies of both as well as spiderman WOS for 34.99.

Thanks for the heads up, may have to hit up the Livonia, MI one to see if there are any other good deals since I already have both those games, thanks op.

I almost forgot about this when I was in East Lansing, MI for a few days last week for work. Picked up the last copy of ToV for $35 (the one off of.. Coolidge? I think..) - even waited an extra day to make sure it was "meant to be", lol. Thanks OP!

[quote name='rappjo']At the Champaign, Illinois Meijer I saw Fallout 3 Collector's Edition for $40 for both PS3 and 360 (PC one was still 70). Picked up the last 360 one, but there were 3-4 PS3 Collector's Editions left yesterday.[/quote]
Chambana represent! was it at the new one or the one on prospect?

Can confirm this, atleast the ps3 lunchbox, in Lexington, KY @ Hamburg Pavilion. Here are the other games I thought to be deals

PS3 Fallout Lunchbox - 40 (2 left)
Disgaea 3 - 30 (1 left)
Folklore - 25 (2 left)

also, not sure if this is a deal but Lost Oddysey for 360 was 25 as well.

RAWR! This makes me angry there are no Meijer's where I live. I want ToV but don't want to pay full retail for it =\ Dead Space is easy to find for a decent price.

Whoa thanks, there's 3 copies of ToV in the Meijer at Aurora, IL, I should check it out.
But I don't remember seeing a reduced price...they might have not changed it yet, but I don't know.

Well, I don't have a Xbox 360 yet, but if I plan to get one eventually, might as well get the game at a reduced price.

*EDIT*
Yes, the price for ToV was still $34.99 even though it wasn't marked on the sticker.
So the Meijer store at Aurora/Naperville, IL has 2 more copies of Vesperia and I also saw 2 copies of those collector's edition for Fallout 3 (PS3), but they didn't have a price on them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like I'm going to make a late Meijer run tonight. Don't you love 24 hour stores? I wish I heard about this earlier.

*edit* No dice on Tales, but I did score a Fallout Lunchbox. Funny, I didn't get these at first, but after playing the game, I had to have one!

Last edited by a moderator:
I live in stockbridge, mi, i go to jackson mi meijer all the time lol. thats awesome to see other CAG'ers from around here

The Fallout 3 lunchboxes have been $40 since that B2G1 last month. You guys are lucky to still be finding them in stock.

I'd totally recommend ToV to anyone interested. I was expecting lousy voice work with pretty visuals (as is typical in many JRPGS) but the voice work is remarkably solid and even had me laughing in the few hours I've played so far. Looks like I'll be finishing this one - as long as the cooking part isn't a necessity. I hate cooking. :)

The Fallout 3 lunchboxes have been $40 since that B2G1 last month. You guys are lucky to still be finding them in stock.
The Last time I went mine still had a few left behind the case as well as the collectors Edition of Saints Row 2 PS3 for $39.99.

**EDIT**

I recall seeing FOLKLORE for $24.99 as well..after watching the review at Gamespot, I just might get it.

[quote name='Zaggart']I'd totally recommend ToV to anyone interested. I was expecting lousy voice work with pretty visuals (as is typical in many JRPGS) but the voice work is remarkably solid and even had me laughing in the few hours I've played so far. Looks like I'll be finishing this one - as long as the cooking part isn't a necessity. I hate cooking. :)[/quote]

This is true. There is some suspect voice acting, but nothing is terrible and a lot of it is really good; enough to make you ignore the suspect stuff.

I can confirm this deal at the Algonquin, IL. store on Randall Rd. Picked up a TOV for $34.99. A steal in my opinion. They had 2 left after I bought mine.

Does anyone know when they might do more updates? My meijer stores had those fallout 3 CE lunchboxes, but I'm waiting for the PC version to go down as well.

bread's done
Back