106 (100%)
ends saturday.

picked up

2 xbox 360 games for 19.99

tiger woods 2006
nba live 2006

2 cooking mama for 19.99

2 capcom collections VOL 2 for 19.99

will probrally return some of them come friday (hopefully i can return both cooking mama and both capcom and repurchase 1 of each. one store had the mamas and 1 store had the capcoms .

I had just realized I didn't see anyone post this on here and came to look before posting myself. This is a great deal. I plan to pick up a few GC games to augment my collection (a measly 5 games) and maybe give one to my nephew for his Wii.

[quote name='FlipSide']Is this in the weekly ad? Because I don't see it there,,[/QUOTE]

It's on pg. 13 of the general merchandise ad. It's the small red box at the top right, very easy to miss here.

I might have to support that sale. Well, I could have my sister get me Cooking Mama and Mario Kart Super Circuit for Christmas, for $20 each together, which would be good.

This is actually a great deal. Too bad my Meijer has so many things without prices. It can be difficult to tell what qualifies.

[quote name='Lord Draconus777']Hmm, I'll pick up Paper Mario and Sega Genesis Collection (if my store gets in soon).[/QUOTE]

i was told today they wouldnt get it at all. I was really looking at getting it.

Edit: Some games aren't down to $19.99 yet, like other stores. :(

Hey, if anybody needs another game to compliment their buy 1, get 1, I'd be willing to go "halfsies" with someone. Here's my list:

· Ridge Racer (PSP)

· Metal Gear Acid 2 (PSP)

· WWE SmackDown! vs. RAW 2006 (PSP)

· X-Men Legends II (PSP)

· Tony Hawk's Underground 2 Remix (PSP)

· Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones (Xbox)

· NASCAR 06: Total Team Control (Xbox)

· Blood Omen 2 (Xbox)

· Karaoke Revolution Party (PS2 or Xbox)

· Soul Calibur III (PS2)

· Mega Man X Collection (PS2)

· Chicken Little (GBA)

· One Piece (GBA)

I'm pretty sure my Meijer doesn't have the non-PSP games on my list. I'll be looking for the PSP games tomorrow, though, but with low hopes.

[quote name='bmarquardt']Hey, if anybody needs another game to compliment their buy 1, get 1, I'd be willing to go "halfsies" with someone. Here's my list:

· Soul Calibur III – PS2

· Chicken Little – GBA

· Tony Hawk's Underground 2 Remix – PSP

· Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones – Xbox

· One Piece – GBA

· Mega Man X Collection – PS2

I know for sure my Meijer doesn't have the non-PSP games on my list. I'll be looking for the PSP games tomorrow, though, but with low hopes.[/QUOTE]

i dont think smackdown for the psp is 19.99 at meijers. shows 39.99 here
then again they still have a 39.99 price tag on RE4

Is this available on the web? And if so, are they safe to use? (I've never heard of them prior to Cheapassgamer). Geez this is a good deal if they have a good selection!

[quote name='icruise']This is actually a great deal. Too bad my Meijer has so many things without prices. It can be difficult to tell what qualifies.[/quote]

Meijer prices are usually pretty good, but they don't always drop when they should. For exampl, TMNT 3 is still $30 when it is $20 other places. I want to get SMA3:Super Mario World, but it hadn't dropped to the Player's Choice Price yet last time I was there either.

[quote name='soonersfan60']Meijer prices are usually pretty good, but they don't always drop when they should. For exampl, TMNT 3 is still $30 when it is $20 other places. I want to get SMA3:Super Mario World, but it hadn't dropped to the Player's Choice Price yet last time I was there either.[/QUOTE]

Sent a family member to Meijer with my list while they were out doing errands. They had 4 games from my list and all 4 games were over $19.99, although they are $19.99 elsewhere. So, yeah, price drops aren't always current at Meijer I guess.

[quote name='Machine']Sometimes with Meijer, they are slow to re-tag games if the price changes so it always pays to have price checks done.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I made it a point to have the games scanned...still no dice after the scannage. All were over $19.99.

[quote name='bmarquardt']Sent a family member to Meijer with my list while they were out doing errands. They had 4 games from my list and all 4 games were over $19.99, although they are $19.99 elsewhere. So, yeah, price drops aren't always current at Meijer I guess.[/quote]

Just out of curiousity, which games were they?

[quote name='shieryda']Just out of curiousity, which games were they?[/QUOTE]

They can't remember, but they think it's 4 of these 5:

. Ridge Racer (PSP)

· X-Men Legends II (PSP)

I think those PSP games dropped just recently, so that's why they might not have been updated yet.

Went to the local Meijer and pickjed up the following:

2006 FIFA World Cup (DS)
2006 FIFA World Cup (360)
FIFA 06 Road to FIFA World Cup (360)
Tiger Woods PGa Tour 06 (360)

They also had the following, all $14.99 to $19.99

DS
True Swing Golf
Frogger: Helmet Chaos
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3: Mutant Nightmare

GBA
Super Mario Advance Yoshi's Island
some Shamen King game
a bunch of kiddie games

GC
Chaos Field
Crash Bandicoot Wrath of Cortex

NBA Live 06

Xbox
Megaman Anniversary Collection
Crash Twinsanity

PS2
Killer 7
LOTR Return of the King

PSP
Untold Legends

There was a lot more, I just can't remember them all.

The store I went to had a large display in the center aisle as you walked towards the electronics/media department. So if you can't find any behinfd the glass, ask someone where they keep the budget games.

I picked up Black and Ultimate Spiderman for xbox. Last copy of each.

I'm going to possibly swing by our other Meijers tomorrow. Most of the other titles I saw I wasn't interested in... a lot of older sports stuff. As mentioned saw 360 versions of Fifa and Tiger Woods. Other xbox titles at my store were (note some could have been $14.99 which may exclude them from the sale... for instance I saw Killer 7 for gamecube marked $14.99)

Call of Duty Big Red One
Serious Sam 2
Tony Hawk (multiple versions)
Star Wars Battlefront 2
The Da Vinci Code
50 Cent: Bulletproof
Shrek 2
Shattered Union
Goldeneye
Path of Neo
Punisher
Some Scooby Doo Game
Harry Potter
Phantom Dust
and various retro game compilations.

PS2 and Gamecube selections were weaker... no first party Nintendo titles left. If I can think of any more I'll add them to the post.

nice time to stock up on some ds goodness. think im gonna get cooking mama and one of the brain age games, maybe something for gba as well.

thanx op

Good sale too bad all the GBA games were sold already.

I picked up:
Battlefield 2 Xbox
Gran Turissmo 4 PS2
Shadow of the Collusses PS2
Beyond Godd and Evil PS2

Meijers @ Shaumburg,IL didnt have anything I wanted (I was looking for Soul Calibur 3 :( )

They had lots of:
RE:0 (GC)
Geist (GC)
Metroid 2(GC)
Veiwtiful Joe(GC)
Tales of Symphonia(GC)
Shadow of the Colossus(PS2)
Sonic Mega Collection(Xbox and GC)
Lots of 05/06 sports titles(360/XB/PS2/GC)
They had 1 copy of FF X-2 Black label

My Meijer knew nothing about the sale. There were no in store ads, no mention at all in the news ad, nor were the employees knowledgable about it. Is this a possible YMMV?

It's entirely possible that the staff wouldn't know about it, since the only mention of it seems to be in a corner of their weekly ad, but it should work automatically in the system. I had to tell the girl working the games about one of the deals a while back, but sure enough it worked when the games were rung up.

I finally got around to going to Meijer tonight. They were pretty much cleaned out of Game Boy Advance games, but they did have a pretty healthy selection of $19.99 and under games, including some PSP and DS games. I got:

Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones (Xbox)
Call of Cthulhu (Xbox)
Black (PS2)
Destroy All Humans (PS2)
Castlevania: Curse of Darkness (Xbox)
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (PS2)

The manager didn't even know the details of the deal. He knew there was some sort of deal on that week, but he thought it was buy one get one half off, so we found the ad and made sure, but in any case the discount is handled by the computer, so it shouldn't really matter.

[quote name='icruise'] I got:

Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones (Xbox)
Call of Cthulhu (Xbox)
[/QUOTE]

Good score. If my Meijer had those, I'd dive in for the kill.

The problem with Meijer is they no longer hire anyone that knows anything about games, and most stores just rolled their games department into general electronics/dvd/music/etc.

The truth is most Meijer stores don't even have dedicated people for their entire electronics department. They just have a set of keys (usually by the photo desk) and any bypassing stockperson is supposed to just unlock it and have you pay for the game at the closest register.

Meijer used to have a lot more staff and a manager per department, but any Meijer that has a Walmart nearby will most likely have the same setup of my local Meijer: 1 manager to cover 8 departments and general staff spread out equally thin. Even their lotto/cigarettes counter isn't populated by employees, where you have to stand way out from the counter so the people working elsewhere can see there's a customer to tend to and hurry over (more often than not it takes 15 minutes for me to get lottos or smokes).

That's a few reasons why Meijer is usually a day late and a dollar short (more like a dollar too much) when it comes to the game department. Walmart messes up their entire system from all the necessary cutbacks to compete.

I picked up Shadow of the Colossus, Neo Contra, Devil Kings and Darkwatch (xbox). I might check another Meijer tomorrow.

Just went to Meijer in Utica, MI.

I picked up Go Sudoku (for wifey) and Star Wars Battlefront 2 - both for PSP.

Other $19.99 PSP games they had:

Spiderman 2
Socom Bravo Team 1
WWF vs. Raw
Wipeout Pure
Hot Shots: Open Tee
Untold Legends - Brotherhood of the Blade
Burnout Legends
Virtua Tennis
ATV Off Road Fury
Marvel Rise of the ?
Ape Escape Academy
Tiger Woods Tour
Madden 06

There may have been one or two more - I'm blanking right now.

They also had a few UMD movies at $19.99 (or less).
I can only remember:

The Man
Harry Potter 2
Kung Fu Hustle

Both movies and games were in a Greatest Hits standee located right next to the game display cases.

I'm heading back later tonight to pick up 2 more games (thinking Wipeout & Socom). I'll update with what I missed.

I snagged LoZ:WW and Sonic Mega Collection for GC this afternoon in Rochester, MI. The stock was pretty thinned out, and I had a hard time finding a game to get after Zelda. Finally found SMC on a display halfway down the back isle of the store, almost at the groceries.

I was shocked the Meijers on LIMA RESTOCKED, There has got to be around 100 games for 19.99 or under

saw a lots of xbox, psp, ds and gba games.

Picked up tonight

Advance wars DS
Yoshi touch and go DS (last copy of both)

going to hit up the other meijers tomorrow. i got some i need to return so maybe i swap out

I got
1 cooking mama left
2 capcom collections vol 2s

[quote name='bmarquardt']Edit: Some games aren't down to $19.99 yet, like other stores. :(

Hey, if anybody needs another game to compliment their buy 1, get 1, I'd be willing to go "halfsies" with someone. Here's my list:

· Ridge Racer (PSP)

· X-Men Legends II (PSP)

· Tony Hawk's Underground 2 Remix (PSP)

· Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones (Xbox)

· Blood Omen 2 (Xbox)

· Soul Calibur III (PS2)

· Mega Man X Collection (PS2)

· Chicken Little (GBA)

· One Piece (GBA)

I'm pretty sure my Meijer doesn't have the non-PSP games on my list. I'll be looking for the PSP games tomorrow, though, but with low hopes.[/QUOTE]

Bought Metal Gear Acid 2 with WWE SmackDown! vs. RAW 2006 (PSP) today. Couldn't find a game to go with NASCAR 2006 (Xbox), so it was left behind. Ridge Racer (PSP) is still $39.99 there.

FYI - in case anyone was wondering, you can buy one game less than $19.99 and still get another game for free as long as it's price is less than the first game.

I picked up:

Devil Kings PS2
Killer 7 PS2

From Russia with Love XBOX
Cold Fear XBOX

Shadow of the Colossus PS2
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic XBOX

I'm thinking about going back to Meijer to pick up Socom 3 before this deal expires, but i can't think of another game to get for free... maybe God of War or Dragon Quest VIII if they have it.

Just got back myself. Scored:

Breakdown XBX
Lord of the Rings The Third Age XBX
Darkwatch XBX
Chaos Field GC
Fight Night Round 2 GC
2x Naruto Clash of Ninja 1 GC
Viewtiful Joe 2 GC

All for $73-75 or so. Not bad.

Dammit... I should of got Fight Night 2 when i picked up Socom 3. Instead i was in a hurry and go tired of looking and ended up w/ Hot Shots Golf for the wife! dammit.

[quote name='Gaming-Module']X-Box versions?

Any of mine you would trade for?[/QUOTE]

both PS2 versions. about the only game that i know that i would be looking at is Sega genesis collection for the ps2. (dont know if any meijers carried it though)

bread's done
Back