[Meijers]Grand Theft Auto 4 (PS3/360) and Fallout 3 (360) - $29.99

[quote name='Ichigo1993']Just received an ad today through the mail from Meijers. Both games priced at $29.99.

Valid 1/11/09-1/17/09[/quote]

Is this Online too?

[quote name='mxpowar']Wish I lived next to a Meijers...[/QUOTE]

That's the first time someone has ever been jealous of where I live.

Damn! Fallout is tempting but I just started Fable and it may come down by the time I'm done with it. I'll try to resist

I don't know why, but it's a pet peeve of mine to have people call it Meijers, there's no S on the store name

That said Fallout is tempting

[quote name='MrDubbs']I don't know why, but it's a pet peeve of mine to have people call it Meijers, there's no S on the store name

That said Fallout is tempting[/quote]

I agree with you on that... Especially living 5 minutes away from the corporate headquarters where most people know to say it without the 'S'.

[quote name='MrDubbs']I don't know why, but it's a pet peeve of mine to have people call it Meijers, there's no S on the store name

That said Fallout is tempting[/QUOTE]

But why no ps3 love? I want fallout 3 too!

for those waiting on fallout 3, purchase now.... very close to my game of the year (not quite sure if it can overtake MGS4), and I don't regret my special edition day one purchase.... bring on the dlc!

[quote name='BIG5']That's the first time someone has ever been jealous of where I live.[/quote]

I LOL'ed. Nice one

/Bell's FTW!

That said Fallout is tempting[/quote]

I think people say it like that because it's the families last name so it's like it's their store. So subconsciously they are saying that because it sounds right (to them).

[quote name='kidrocklive']I think people say it like that because it's the families last name so it's like it's their store. So subconsciously they are saying that because it sounds right (to them).[/QUOTE]

nah.. it's the same people that say Jewels or Oscos...etc :)

It's called Meijer. Not Meijers. Sorry, I just hate when people add an "s" to the end of stores.

"I'm going to Krogers"

EDIT: Ha, i didn't even read the thread to see if anyone else said anything. I'm just glad i'm not the only one.

I'm with you guys on the extraneous 's' thing. I'm always correcting people who do that. No one ever says Targets though. I wonder why.

[quote name='kidrocklive']I think people say it like that because it's the families last name so it's like it's their store. So subconsciously they are saying that because it sounds right (to them).[/quote]

Actually no, it's not the families last name. The store was founded as Meijer's, however it's now called Meijer.

The person who founded the store name is Hendrik Meijer. His first employee was his son Fred Meijer, who was a teen at the time. It's no relation to the Fred Meyer stores, which by the way, doesn't have a "S" on the store name, or in their last name ether :cool:

Don't know why, but I've gotten used to say Meijers, opposed to Meijer. Same goes with some other stores, such as Kroger. From the way I hear it, it just goes with the flow.

[quote name='MrDubbs']Actually no, it's not the families last name. The store was founded as Meijer's, however it's now called Meijer.
[/quote]

It is the families last name, and that is where the store got its name... Hence the original store have a " 's " which by English grammar denotes owner ship. But either way, it is Meijer, no S... It isn't Targets, Wal-Marts, Best Buys, Krogers or Glen'ses.

I've actually met Fred Meijer a few times, his last name is definitely not Meijer's. haha. I actually saw someone write out a check to "Wal-Marts" once. I laughed for about 5 minutes.

[quote name='mvp828']It is the families last name, and that is where the store got its name... Hence the original store have a " 's " which by English grammar denotes owner ship. But either way, it is Meijer, no S... It isn't Targets, Wal-Marts, Best Buys, Krogers or Glen'ses.[/quote]

I was referring to the fact that the families last name wasn't Meijer's it was Meijer

The last name didn't have an S on it

but now that I've reread the post I quoted I understand what they were saying, I thought he meant the last name had an S on it as well.

Jeeze.. who honestly cares how you pronounce Meijer? I hear people calling it "Meijer's" all the time, including employees, doesn't bother me one bit, odd pet peeves.

Excellent deal op, if I hadn't already picked up Fallout 3 I'd be all over this.

I think people just like to add an "S" to any company that ends in "er". Hence..Meijer's', Kroger's', etc.

I dont see why it bothers people so much. It is a family chain, both are.

Yeah I just that I'd add my two cents, where I'm from people add an "s" to the end of Kroger and Meijer, but I really only think that they do that because both of those are the last name of the owner, and are only referencing it as possessive.

They also have a 15% off general mechandise coupon that you can use on games or systems in this week's ad. (at least in our local one) I used for F3 so it was few dollars cheaper.

In for one, thanks OP!

Also went for the wireless les paul for 10 bucks! Ended up picking up 4 for friends and one for me. They had 15 more left too.

[quote name='Dingleberry']It's called Meijer. Not Meijers. Sorry, I just hate when people add an "s" to the end of stores.

"I'm going to Krogers"

EDIT: Ha, i didn't even read the thread to see if anyone else said anything. I'm just glad i'm not the only one.[/quote]

What he said

I would think all platforms all versions would be 50% off of what they are marked. Different Meijers could have different prices, but the 50% off all versions should be universal.

[quote name='cdeener']Did anyone find out if the Collector's Edition was on sale at this price?[/quote]

it wasn't at my store, just the regular versions

[quote name='kidrocklive']it wasn't at my store, just the regular versions[/QUOTE]

Yeah, only the regular version at my store too. Picked up the last copy at my store.

i think i saw the collector version at my store bakc behind some stuff, but they had like 10 regular versions, ill probably pick up regular this week...

The St. Charles, IL Meijer had the special editions for Fallout 3 and Grand Theft Auto IV 50% off as well, although they were all out of the GTA ones. There is also an instore tag in the electronics section that says 50% off all versions.

And I am one of the people that always says Meijer and hate the use of Meijers, but in those peoples' defense, it used to be called Meijer's Thrifty Acres, so it's possible that they are referencing that.

bread's done
Back