members only club competition

Status
Not open for further replies.
DING DING DING! We have one winner.

What would you like for your prize, sir?

There is still one winner available so keep posting. Also, be mindful of the rules.
Wow, it was a lucky guess on my part. :) I love Metroidvania games (and have finished every 2D Metroid game minus Metroid 2 on Gameboy).

Chrono trigger?
DING DING DING. There's our second winner, folks.

After nightmare picks his prize, you get second pick from what's left. Thanks everyone for playing.

Final Fantasy 6 gets honorable mention, we'll see how things shake out Petey.

Last edited by a moderator:
DANG I saw the Chrono mistake but it's no surprise someone else guessed it first. Guess I'll have to seek out Meta elsewhere :( Congrats dude!

After nightmare picks his prize, you get second pick from what's left. Thanks everyone for playing.

Chrono Trigger is a great game as well.

I was leaning towards Meta Knight, I only want the figure since I don't trade them, and he looks badas. I'm a Kirby fan as well.

Thanks so much man!

If nightmare doesn't want meta knight I would love that. Otherwise I will pick another!

Chrono Trigger
I am sorry montekr, but you do not qualify.

Ok, how about this. Everyone is bored and news is stale. Let's have a contest. I'll give away one fresh new amiibo to the winner. Sheik, Sonic, Mega Man, Rosalina, or Meta Knight (with damaged box) the winner can take his or her pick of one. Those sound like nice prizes right?

I challenge you to name the best video game of all time. The answer is entirely subjective by me of course. In fact there are two right answers so two winners I guess! There are two console games out there that I think exemplify the perfect gaming experience. They aren't obscure games. So what is the best game(s) of all time?

RULES: One guess per hour, per person (follow-up submissions < 1hr will be voided so an answer might not win on the first try. pay attention). Only people that have at least 20 posts are eligible. Shipping to the United States only. Let's have some fun. I'll start a new thread for you to post your answers in before the lurking non-contributors have their aneurisms. Don't post answers in this thread.

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/342882-members-only-club-competition/
Again, thanks everyone for playing. Congrats to the winners. Please post the award of your choice and then PM me your shipping info ASAP so that I know you're in the United States.

D'oh! Didn't see that someone had already posted FF VI before me (thought it was FFVII), had I seen that CT would've been my next guess (based on my list). Wow, I need to grab an energy drink or something - just a little slow today I guess.

Anyway, super awesome of you to do this Nothing! You're a stand up fella(?)/gal(?) And congrats to all the winners! Just based on your "favs" and mine I'm guess we're probably about the same age, so thanks for bringing some attention to these gems (or maybe they're "relics" now haha) and for livening up the site today.

D'oh! Didn't see that someone had already posted FF VI before me (thought it was FFVII), had I seen that CT would've been my next guess (based on my list). Wow, I need to grab an energy drink or something - just a little slow today I guess.

Anyway, super awesome of you to do this Nothing! You're a stand up fella(?)/gal(?) And congrats to all the winners! Just based on your "favs" and mine I'm guess we're probably about the same age, so thanks for bringing some attention to these gems (or maybe they're "relics" now haha) and for livening up the site today.
Hell yeah man. We love all the same games it would seem. The 16bit and 32bit generations were the pinnacle of exploration and loot based RPG gameplay.

I was close to posting Yoshi's Island too. Now that I look back, there are such gems in Nintendo systems its insane to pick one or two.

nightmare452 pick a prize and PM me your shipping info, c'mon man
I did. I pick the Meta Knight. I'll PM u the address.

Thanks Nothing. Very nice thing indeed.

PS: my personal favorite game of the 16-bit era was actually Bubble Bobble, with the Zelda games second. I played BB so much, I got every level memorized still.

Wasn't a fan of Yoshi's Island actually... but yeah SoM and SoE are pretty much tied in my book too, but didn't post SoE cuz I didn't want to give away another possible right answer (since I had already listed like 6 there haha).  I put SO MANY HOURS into SoE trying to run around and get all the trading items from that Bazaar and all the other reagents and such... man, probably over 200+ hours I'd imagine hahaha.

And yeah, they were the best games IMO.  Been tough out there after playing those games.

Another big favorite of mine (for PC) was Ultima 7 - did you ever play that?

I did. I pick the Meta Knight. I'll PM u the address.

Thanks Nothing. Very nice thing indeed.

PS: my personal favorite game of the 16-nit era was actually Bubble Bobble, with the Zelda games second. I played BB so much, I got every level memorized still.
Never played bubble bobble, but I did play this horribly addictive game called "Super Buster Bros." or something -- and the music just randomly popped back in my head after ~15yrs when reading your post! Holy Nostalgia wave Batman!

ok Nightmare picks the Meta-Knight. What would you like from what is remaining MondoCoffee?
Just FYI, if Mondo is "crazy" (internet term) to get the Meta Knight, I would be willing to let him take it and I take second pick, I prefer Meta, but am willing to share if it means more to him/her. Just FYI I guess.

Never played bubble bobble, but I did play this horribly addictive game called "Super Buster Bros." or something -- and the music just randomly popped back in my head after ~15yrs when reading your post! Holy Nostalgia wave Batman!
Go play Bubble Bobble. Its was a coop game with 100 levels with dragons blowing bubbles to kill enemies. Bizarre, but I probably played that every day for like a year with my bro, no joke. The theme song is my ring tune. Childhood memories. That and Lolo are the obscure games I enjoyed apart from the classics from Nintendo and Squaresoft.

Bubble Bobble is awesome.  It was fun to play through that game with the infinite lives cheat.  I don't think I ever made it very far without the game genie or code or w/e it was.  

Lolo is my older sister's favorite NES game of all time too.  Great puzzle game.

Subscribed, in case you ever run another. Super generous of you, and it was definitely fun to see people excited about amiibos and games instead of just complaining about packaging and lack of availability. Glad to see there are some truly nice people left in the amiibo hunt.

Arcade: Robotron ; insane dual joystick non-stop action you have to play to believe , best sound effects too, 1982

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOVA2Axxfdk

Classic/Vintage: Superman for Atari 2600 ; great graphics for 1979 and a story you could actually beat!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJB81SNI3CY

It makes me sad that there are still people out there that think chrono trigger is a good game. :( At least he didn't have ffvii on his list. (Though I totally agree about super metro is).

This thread can feel so alienating. I don't know what this is all about. It's just a random thread and an all-of-a-sudden-contest without any rules nor hints on how to join or how to participate.

This makes me feel depressed.

That's not the worst part. The worst part is nobody bothers to tell you really and everybody else ignores you. Oh well.
I think the OP left the rules out for a reason. He wanted the contest to be available for certain people, who read a certain thread. I get why that's frustrating for someone who just showed up to this thread, but it's his contest and his items, so he can do what he pleases. I would explain it, but that's honestly the OP's decision to make. If you really want to know, go through his post history.

Hopefully this helps and doesn't just further alienate.

I think the OP left the rules out for a reason. He wanted the contest to be available for certain people, who read a certain thread. I get why that's frustrating for someone who just showed up to this thread, but it's his contest and his items, so he can do what he pleases. I would explain it, but that's honestly the OP's decision to make. If you really want to know, go through his post history.

Hopefully this helps and doesn't just further alienate.
Precisely. Which was pretty obvious from the title of the thread, the lack of explanation in the first post, and one of my initial replies stating this was only intended for certain people. (amiibo collectors.) This was never meant for the entire public. That much was obvious to anyone who opened the thread. I can't start a contest in the middle of a 'deals' thread, derailing it for pages. This was over and done with in 40 minutes.

I went and did something nice, and fun, for a specific target audience: Everyone who follows and contributes to the amiibo thread. Something the rest of you don't read or follow. For an item you guys don't purchase nor collect. I had two nice prizes that I purchased with my own money that I chose to give away and that's all there is to it.

Why is this shown in the contest section if the details aren't listed in the main post. Club members only? What club?
How do people become a 'member' of your contests?
How do we enter these contests?
Right there with Ya.
Topic should just say 'Cool Kids Only'
This is truly pathetic. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back