Memory Card 1019 available at the Nintendo online storefor $29.99!!!

I'm not able to get that link to work.

I am excited to see this put on the market. I wonder how long before the 251 comes down in price.

[quote name='ZForce915']I'm not able to get that link to work.

I am excited to see this put on the market. I wonder how long before the 251 comes down in price.[/quote] Probably never just like te originals. Nintendo doesn't drop prices alot. Zelda and Mario Kart are still 49.99

29.99 is the retail price I think, I was hoping some stores would have good deals on these. I guess I will just use a GGC at Best Buy.

What ever happened to the Nintendo mem card that would allow you to plug in your own SD card? I'd buy one of those and a 256meg SD card for about $40 and never have to worry about game saves again...

[quote name='RisingZan']What ever happened to the Nintendo mem card that would allow you to plug in your own SD card? I'd buy one of those and a 256meg SD card for about $40 and never have to worry about game saves again...[/quote]

From one of my earlier posts:

Nintendo decided that the SD memory card would kill profits from the regular memory cards so it was never released in the US. Another downfall was that the game had to support the SD memory card.

It's a damn shame.

Too bad this didn't come out 2 weeks ago when Circuit City was running the 20% off all accessories deal. I guess it'll have to wait, although, the Best Buy GGC works out almost as well.

[quote name='RisingZan'][quote name='yellowaznboy']You can still get one from import places like lik-sang.com:

http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=78&products_id=776&[/quote]

Do any US games actually support the SD function?[/quote]

None, and since the SD card will not be released in the States, no games will support it in the future. The first game to support it was the Japanese Animal Crossing e+. I don't know about the current import releases.

Anyone know if you can transfer Gamecube saves to the SD card and just not use it directly? Not exactly the same thing but you can do this with PS1 and PS2 cards.

[quote name='Drahken']Anyone know if you can transfer Gamecube saves to the SD card and just not use it directly? Not exactly the same thing but you can do this with PS1 and PS2 cards.[/quote]

Since games need to be SD compatible, I doubt that games in the states will even recognize the memory card let alone load a game save.

[quote name='Drahken']Not talking about using it with a game I mean using the transfer feature in the setup screen.[/quote]

If the game has to be programmed to recognize the card, what are the chances that the system alone will? I highly highly doubt it but if you have deep pockets, you can try ordering one.

Most of my gamecube games are not too bad with resources. The only exception being animal crossing, which came with one, and my girlfriend uses my launch 59. Otherwise I have a 251 which isn't full. That being said, I'm glad Nintendo keeps making these orders of magnitude bigger without increasing the price too much.

I've seen these now in Target B&M, and they're also in BB's ad this week, so I'm assuming they're now being shipped to all major electronics stores. Also, since they're at BB, the GGC can be used on them to make them $25.

I have seen them too. They are almost pure white in color. I definately prefer the black colored ones.

[quote name='spidey'][quote name='Drahken']Not talking about using it with a game I mean using the transfer feature in the setup screen.[/quote]

If the game has to be programmed to recognize the card, what are the chances that the system alone will? I highly highly doubt it but if you have deep pockets, you can try ordering one.[/quote]

...That didnt make sense. The GC would just be reading a mem card that is stores on sd. as long as there is no software that needs to be installed (like the original PS2 remotes) it should be able to be read.

I was actually kinda hyped up when they announced this because the camer i was looking at (and later, bought) used SD. Some of the original ideas involved using the data on the card as graphics in the game and face mapping...but alas, no.

bread's done
Back