Memory Card Death

brainmunch

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Hey, I have a Sony PS2 memory card that I've been using since the PS2 launch (!!! I know, right) It has all of my most crucial saves on it (beatmania & ddr unlocks, GH I & II, RPGs, etc) so when I went to boot up Katamari, you can guess how pissed I was when my PS2 refused to read the card.

Is Sony is just trying to use scare tactics when they say not to use third party MCs? My suitemate has a Mad Catz card which he used to keep his GH2 save, this card still works with my system even though my Sony branded does not. I doubt it, but could this be linked to my card's death in any way? I've had both cards plugged into the system at once before, but honestly, I can't see that being an issue in any way.

I've got another question while I'm at it; are there any ways to bring a MC back from the dead? Could my contacts be corroded? Should I try cleaning it with a Q-tip and rubbing alcohol? Are there any third party apps/connectors to restore data using a computer? I REALLY want my saves back, if you can't tell.

Thanks for any and all information in advance,
Matt

I use X-Port to back up my memory cards. A while back I had a memory card that got corrupted. The PS2 could not see any saves on the card and the games couldn't find the saves. I was able to use X-Port to read the saves off the card, format it and put the saves back on. Everything has worked great since and all the saves seemed to be fine. I don't know if I just got lucky with that or if X-Port is able to do that regularly.

bread's done
Back