Meritline 360 Game Cases? Anyone tried them?

Seems like a great deal. The two "reviews" are positive.

Even if these are noticeable cheaper/worse than original cases, it'll still be a good way to replace wagonwheels...please update the thread if you decide to buy. $12 shipped for 20 is highly tempting, I may bite on this in the next 48 hours if you decide to pass.

That's a great deal assuming the color is correct (looks like it is).

Usplastics is another option. They sell Amaray style 360 cases for 56¢ each plus shipping. Not as cheap, but I can confirm that the color is an exact match.

Excellent, let us know how they look/feel.

Uplastic.com is about $12 shipped for 10, but they're real Amaray brand cases. (page link). Definitely a runner up if Meritline ends up less than great.

I'm still flabbergasted at the fact that 75% of my 360 cases shipped to me 1st Class in a bubble mailer through Goozex arrive cracked/broken at the top...

[quote name='Kerig']
I'm still flabbergasted at the fact that 75% of my 360 cases shipped to me 1st Class in a bubble mailer through Goozex arrive cracked/broken at the top...[/QUOTE]

That is exactly the reason why I needed new ones. Well, I got the cases today. Definitely not the "real" 360 cases. Some notes;

Pros:
- Color is pretty much identical
- Manual clips hold the manual more firm than a normal case
- Disc is easier to get out as it has the "push button" release

Cons:
- Spine edge of case is matte finish. It if more rough to the touch. There are a few legit 360 cases that are similar but normally they are smooth.
- Case is harder to open. It makes a "click" sound instead of the normal "thud" of a legit case.
- Disc is harder to get IN to the case. It has the push button release but you have to push pretty firm to get it in.
- Case feels a bit cheap. Not that bad when the game is in the case, but it is noticeable.

Overall I am happy-ish with the cases. Can't really complain for the price and they will be a good replacement for broken cases or ones you get from the store that have stickers + security stuff on them.

Overall I give them a 7.5 / 10

Any chance we can get some pictures comparing the Meritline cases to original Xbox 360 cases?

Last edited by a moderator:
A 7.5 is more than good enough for me. Typical "third party" replacement cases go for substantially more on ebay, and I've got a bunch of chipped/broken cases from used sales over the last couple of months.

Thanks OP.

Pics are below

1. Take a guess which one is the meritline case.
1.jpg
2. Spine images.
2.jpg
3. Close up of spine. Take note of the gritty finish on the new case.
3.jpg
4. The plastic on the new cases kind of bubbles on the edge. Not noticable when there is a game in there.
4.jpg
5. Inner part of Vesperia + New case.
5.jpg
6. Two tester games in their original cases.
6.jpg
7. MW2 in the new case w/ the original case next to it.
7.jpg
8. Vesperia in the new case w/ original case next to it.
8.jpg

Thanks for the thorough review and pictures. I ordered 10 of these to handle the Goozex shipping casualties. I personally don't mind cracked cases much, but I always feel bad sending out a game to a stranger with a broken case.

[quote name='Astroman']Thanks for the thorough review and pictures. I ordered 10 of these to handle the Goozex shipping casualties. I personally don't mind cracked cases much, but I always feel bad sending out a game to a stranger with a broken case.[/QUOTE]

I'm the same way. It would probably be wise to inform those people that they are replacement cases. Some people are pretty picky (me) and like to know if something isn't OEM.

Seems like the last 4 games I have gotten in the mail have had cracked or exploded cases... It's getting annoying.

Nice, $9.64 for a 10-pack? That's awesome.

I was going to buy Lost Planet used at GS but all 3 games had cases that looked like they were fished out of the rubble of Hiroshima.

[quote name='HydroX']Nice, $9.64 for a 10-pack? That's awesome.

I was going to buy Lost Planet used at GS but all 3 games had cases that looked like they were fished out of the rubble of Hiroshima.[/QUOTE]

To ship 100 to me, it's like $33. That's 1/3 the cost per case... of course no one needs that many unless you own a game store or something.

bread's done
Back