Mesmerize

Mouse

CAGiversary!
So, System of a Down's new cd is available for those who go searching. Does anyone have any opinions on it yet? I'm off to listen to it now, but feel free to discuss while I'm gone (i'll forgive you)

And no discussing how these files have been obtained. It's perfectly believable we work in the music biz and have just gotten to preview it.

I got it last night, and sadly, I must say I was pretty disappointed. Somehow, it just didn't have that "SOAD-ness" to it. I understand that it was supposed to be an "experimental" album, which is fine, but I just personally don't care for the new style.

1st listen: WTF
2nd listen: Entertainment!
3rd listen: catttchyyyy. Hey man look at me rockin' out, im on the radioooooo

My decision:

Definately not the SOAD I grew to love with their first 3 albums (yes, im counting steal this album as their 3rd even though its just b-sides). They've lost the metal-ish sound they used to have and just turned it all melodic singing. Still unique-ish... but not as good.

Worst SOAD album to come out... but i like it,,,,, just not as much as the first 3. The next CD they have coming out (hypnotize) i think is going to be alot harder, i have 2 live songs off it and theyre pretty hard (more like cigaro), ones kinda sorta like Aerials.

Fav Track: Question!

Well, how can they top the previous cds? Those were incredible. I personally like the new melodic path they've gone on, although a few good headbanging tracks would have been nice.

I like it, and youre right, its almost impossible to top their last 3.

but i have a feeling they're going to suck really bad live doing all the harmonising and melodies together...

bread's done
Back