Messanger Type Bags For College Life

Chris Dillon

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
Will have a laptop and I'm looking for a nice messanger type bag that is clothe that would fit a laptop and my books. I really can't seem to find what I want. I looked through ebags and llbean and jansport.

Office Depot has a couple of messenger bags on clearence right now. This is YMMV so you'll have to go check out what your local OD still has left. Also if you can find it this Targus Laptop Backpack is on clearence for $9:

http://www.officedepot.com/textSearch.do?uniqueSearchFlag=true&Ntt=943416&x=22&y=12

I did the messenger bag thing for my laptop for a couple of months, but now I have shoulder pain and walk slightly crooked. So I'm going back to using a backpack and a neoprene sleeve.

Crumpler bags are pretty nice, I have one and I love it for my macbook pro. Fits great and holds 1 or 2 books in it. Not sure how many books you want to carry around with you on campus, but 2 books is usually enough for me for an entire day.

Go check them out at Crumpler.com, the bags can get kinda high, but they are really nice.

If you know anyone that works at Circuit City, you can get a really nice Crumpler bag (aroung $150) for about 50-60 dollars through a Circuit City accommodation. I got mine that way, and it was really worth it.

t_10efsam05.jpg

I see a lot of people have Timbuk2 bags (probably because they stand out from all the other bags). They seem durable and long lasting, but of course, I personally think they're a bit overprice. Just so you know, you can customize your own bags at their website.

bread's done
Back