Messenger Kit Headphone Question

elsnow77

CAGiversary!
Hey CAG,
was looking at this: http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Live..._2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1271040119&sr=8-2
and wondering if its worth it. My current situation is this, i ran out of live a few days ago, broke my mic, and send a lot of messages so the chat pad would be nice. My concerns are, should i wait for another 30$ 12 month gold card and piece meal the other components in the kit. Also, ive read that the microphone input on the mic that comes with this kit is a different size and will only work with if put straight into the chat pad and not if put straight into the controller. Lastly, what is CAG's opinions on the chat pad??

Thanks for your help.

Edit: i also just read about some amazon.com halo reach 20$ credit if you pre-order. So, if i preorder reach tonight then wait a couple days, i could get the messenger kit for 20$ less??? Sorry, for the block of questions but i haven't visited cag much the past year and needless to say, i am a little outa my league here.

The headset will work just fine either in the controller alone or with the chatpad (which is a great keyboard). I use mine all the time. It saves so much time when inputting prepaid codes. Worth it. As for waiting, well that's up to you.

[quote name='elsnow77']Edit: i also just read about some amazon.com halo reach 20$ credit if you pre-order. So, if i preorder reach tonight then wait a couple days, i could get the messenger kit for 20$ less??? Sorry, for the block of questions but i haven't visited cag much the past year and needless to say, i am a little outa my league here.[/QUOTE]
I'm pretty sure you won't get the credit until the game ships.

The credit will be given shortly after the game has shipped. If your patient you can get the 12 months for about 30-35$, as it has been on sale at several places lately. And as far as the chatpad/headset I just got a used pack for 15$ on ebay although it looks damn near new.

I wasn't a huge fan of my chat pad. It blocked my long fingers from curling around the controller's "handles" and that bothered the hell out of me. It was nice for sending messages though, so if you DO do that a lot, then go for it.

I also hate the newer headsets (like the ones that come with the chat pad); Specifically the input. for some reason the wire shoots off the side of the controller connector and always seems to get in my way. Plus changing volume/mute from the wire is a lot less convenient than from the controller.

EDIT:
And if you're just using it for entering pre-paid codes, xbox.com is definitely the way to go for that.

bread's done
Back