Metal Gear 3DS

Overall, pretty good port. Not much has changed. The photo camo feature has already produced a 100% camo with the Luigi Mario land 3d pic. Konami added the "crouch walk" from Peace Walker. The game can be played without the Circle Pad Pro (I am in the research facility where Big Boss has an eye problem and have not used the CPP at all). I played the Demo with the CPP and it does help, but is not manditory. Bottom Screen inventory should help better than it does, but I still find it clunky and have more than once tried to switch weapons or inventory with the shoulder buttons (it doesn't work, BTW). Frame rate does suffer a bit during certain cinemas. The 3D looks good, but not great. I started getting some bad ghosting in the cave while using the torch just before The Pain.

The worst thing I can say about the game is that the Snake Eater title cinema crapped out on me twice and required a hard reset of the 3DS. Third time was the charm, though. Hopefully, it won't pop up in any other areas of the game. I may have done this unintentionally, as I hit the home button by mistake the first time it started up. I did not close out of the game, but hit the home button again to resume. The cinema started getting some bad lines on the left side of the screen and then froze shortly after the beginning of the song. Same thing the second time around, but again, no troubles on the third attempt.

Bottom line, do I think it is worth $40? No way, and due to the fact I had a $20 gift card, I didn't pay that price for it. $20-25 sounds about right in my opinion.

Played the demo and hated the controls. I count get much done due to the crappy controls. Maybe the circle pad pro will make it better but I dont plan on getting that so I am going to skip this one.

bread's done
Back