Metal Gear Solid 3 NEW (empty case)?

3QGojo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
I bought a copy of MGS3 at BB brand new and opened it up and there was no disk inside. Has this happened to anyone else or when they manufactured the game did they forget to put the disk in? If so how can I get a replacement (I doubt the store will believe there was no game inside). Is it something I have to do through Sony? Any advice would be helpful, thanks. Oh, it did have the instructions, just no disk.

I bought a game from meijer once and when I opened it there was an AOL disc inside...obviously someone bought it replaced the disk and then reshrink wrapped it and returned it. The game was only 10 bucks so I didn't care that I was screwed and there was nothing I could do.

[quote name='3QGojo']I doubt the store will believe there was no game inside)[/quote]

The customer is always right. I work at Blockbuster, and as long as you have the reciept, we'll take it back.

That happened to my friend once. I guess the difference was that for him it was Final Fantasy IX and only one disc was missing. In his case the store was fine with replacing it.

Back when Sonic Adventure 2: Battle (GameCube) was released, I bought a copy at GameStop and opened it while I was walking outside of the store. To my surprise, there was no disc in it. I just thought to myself "Holy shit, the workers at GameStop are never gonna believe me". But what the heck, I had nothing to lose if I went back and told them that it didn't come with a game disc. So I did, and they actually replace my game! They told me that it has happened to a few other customers who bought the same game. Of course, they opened the new copy of the game just to make sure that the game is in there.

To the OP, you could always go back to where you bought the game and explain your situation. I'm sure they'll understand.

That's unfortunate, although I can't help thinking that would be more fun than if you actually got the game.... :p

When my husband used to work at Toysrus there was a group of people who worked the electronics/video game section who were caught opening games, taking out the discs, and reshrink wrapping them and putting them back on the shelves. Customers were always returning games with no discs in them, or discs that were obviously not the game they purchased...it took awhile before the store caught on to the reason why. Like a whole year.

My cousin worked an a Kaybee toystore and said they caught an employee doing the same same thing.

Seems like it probably more common than most people know.

I've had this happen with a DVD movie before. The case was still factory sealed and opening it up found nothing inside. That's why every time I buy a DVD or game now I kind of shake the case around to hear for the disc inside. Its not that hard to hear it but obviously its not very loud or anything but you can kind of hear it spinning around.

It happens, the machine that puts the CD's in the CD case sometimes malfunctions. I worked a factory where they package DVD's, and usually the machine sensor stops the feed of cases, but sometimes the machine still kept spiting out cases, causing some cases not to have a CD (this is was my factory don't know how Sony does theres).

It's bound to happen, when you mass produce products by the thousands your going to get one bad egg in the bunch. The QC department usually keeps stuff like that in check, guess you got a crappy box. Just take it back, explain what happend and if they don't believe you talk directly to the manager, if he doesn't comply then call BestBuys customer service and demand your money back.

I bought my Xbox when splinter cell came out from EB. I got my Xbox, Halo, SC, and Morrowind. Got to my car opened up SC and no game inside. Proves EB re-shrinks games. They gave me no problem giving me a new one.

bread's done
Back