Metal Gear Solid 4 80gig Bundle Preorder at TRU B&M Now Dead?

lpj8

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
This was posted in the Circuit City preorder thread, so credit goes to prim444
I know this isn't technically a "deal" because it's msrp, but you get a lot for $499 in my opinion.

Preorder the Metal Gear Solid 4 80gig Bundle at ToysRus. $10 down reserves your ticket. There were preorder cards near the videogame cash register specifically for the bundle.

This includes:

80 GIG PS3
Dual Shock 3 Controller
Metal Gear Solid 4 Regular Edition
Metal Gear Solid Box

499.99 plus tax.

EDIT: Sounds like TRU has stopped accepting preorders. Good Luck!

[quote name='Chaz']Is there any reason not to order one from the Sony website using their card to get the $100 off your first purchase? $400 for the bundle seems like a better deal than paying $500 in a store. Of course, it doesn't look like they're taking preorders, so it might be a bit before they actually become available, but I suspect that I can wait a while longer for the extra money off. I mean, even now, I don't feel a pressing need to have one.[/quote]

Based on where I live, taxes and shipping for this deal ate up about 50-60% of that $100 savings. On the other hand, for $40 you can almost get a new game.

I think I'm going to go through Newegg for this, since I already have a "preferred account". Hopefully they'll still have the 'no payments/no interest for 6 months' deal going on for anything over $500. That'll be my birthday present to myself. :lol:

This thread did nothing to comfort my fears of not getting this game at launch :( I plan on going to Toys r us today to pre-order so thanks for OP, but I was really hoping for a mid-night release or at least no fear of availability. I am an extremely patient person, except when it comes to me and my video games. Oh well, I'll try my best to get it at launch and if not the waiting will probably do me some good.

Thanks

[quote name='solaris389']Well, Frys.com sent me a cancellation notice...

I can confirm that the Florence, KY TRU is accepting preorders for the MGS4 PS3 pack. $10.00 down...

They might pressure you about getting a credit card, they did that to me. WTF is that about?[/QUOTE]

Don't you get a percentage off your purchase if you get the credit card and the bundle at the same time? And for those wondering about where the "deal" is, it's the free game. Technically you're playing $440 for a ps3. Not too shabby if you ask me.

I put in for my pre-order at TRU today.

I'm just glad I have it for pre-order from somewhere. If I'm able to get a better deal somewhere else, or Amazon finally puts it up (save on tax, and I have Amazon credit), I'll just ditch the TRU pre-order.

[quote name='equest943']Don't you get a percentage off your purchase if you get the credit card and the bundle at the same time? And for those wondering about where the "deal" is, it's the free game. Technically you're playing $440 for a ps3. Not too shabby if you ask me.[/QUOTE]

If you get the Sony card, you get $100 off a $299< purchase, and 0% interest for a year if done within the first 45 days of getting the card.

I have a SonyStyle store near me, so my plan is to get the card, and just go get the bundle there. No shipping for me. The fine print of the deal linked above says that you also get the $100 rebate if you make the purchase at an authorized retailer. I would assume that any store selling PS3s is an authorized retailer, but they don't specify, and since it's just as easy for me to get to the actual Sony store, I'll just get mine there.

Thanks for the tip on this, went in on Thursday and took care of it. Never would have thought to look there. There was no advertising for it, just a very easy to miss pre-order card near the register as mentioned.

Whats the TRU policy if you cancel the Preorder? Do you get the cash back or something else? (Store credit, etc).I might do this tomorrow as an insurance if Amazon dosent come thru...

[quote name='equest943']Don't you get a percentage off your purchase if you get the credit card and the bundle at the same time? And for those wondering about where the "deal" is, it's the free game. Technically you're playing $440 for a ps3. Not too shabby if you ask me.[/QUOTE]

You aren't eligible to save the 10% from the instant credit approval on video game hardware, diapers,or formula. So no, you wouldn't save on the bundle if you apply for the card. Sorry.

[quote name='VashandWolfwood']You aren't eligible to save the 10% from the instant credit approval on video game hardware, diapers,or formula. So no, you wouldn't save on the bundle if you apply for the card. Sorry.[/quote]

employee 10% discount works if you are able to find someone willing to scan their id for you. every employee has a bar code behind their id tag.

[quote name='hibachi']employee 10% discount works if you are able to find someone willing to scan their id for you. every employee has a bar code behind their id tag.[/QUOTE]

Two things:

1) Employee discount does not apply for video game hardware.

2) Somebody using their employee discount on somebody besides themselves or a spouse is against the rules, and definitely not worth it for the employee.

Got my pre-order in at Toys R Us on Friday. FYI, the pre-order tickets were hidden by the register against the wall in the gaming dept of the North Austin/Cedar Park store.

Would have preferred BB for the Reward Zone points but never-the-less it would have only been $10 back which more than makes up for potentially having to wait in line at BB (not sure if these things are going to be scarce or not).

[quote name='VashandWolfwood']Two things:

1) Employee discount does not apply for video game hardware.

2) Somebody using their employee discount on somebody besides themselves or a spouse is against the rules, and definitely not worth it for the employee.[/quote]

yeah, you would need to find a really nice employee or know a friend that works there, but i was able to get 10% off my xbox 360 + gta iv when the girl at the cashier scanned her id for me, so it seems to work on video game hardware.

[quote name='Bluesilo']Tried to get a preorder this morning. The deal is dead. Sony told them to stop pre-ordering.[/quote]

Anyone else run into this?

Although I'm going to hold out and hope that Joystiq's article proves to be true about the bundle being included with the $100 GC deal at Walmart, I'm probably gonna run over to my TRU today and get one just as a backup plan.

[quote name='Watchman']Although I'm going to hold out and hope that Joystiq's article proves to be true about the bundle being included with the $100 GC deal at Walmart, I'm probably gonna run over to my TRU today and get one just as a backup plan.[/quote]

Yeah thats the same thing I did...I have my TRU preorder but i'm hoping that WalMart pulls through

Well, I stopped by my TRU and got my reservation as a backup. I had to go back to the counter for a second when my receipt said "PRSELL PS3 METL GEAR 4PK"-- I thought I had reserved four copies of the game for a second! It's supposed to be PS3 Metal Gear 4 Pack". We had a laugh about it.

This pre-order/reservation on 80Gb MGS4 Pack and MGS4 game is a DEAD deal, TRU B&M is no longer doing this. Might I suggest Mod if you could close this since TRU is no longer doing this.

I went to 2 TRU stores today asking about preordering the bundle. Both acted like they didn't know what I was talking about, and said they never took preorders for them. :bomb:

[quote name='MidnightMetal']This pre-order/reservation on 80Gb MGS4 Pack and MGS4 game is a DEAD deal, TRU B&M is no longer doing this. Might I suggest Mod if you could close this since TRU is no longer doing this.[/quote]

I would suggest you come up with proof of your claim, seeing as how I did mine yesterday (Tuesday).

[quote name='Watchman']I would suggest you come up with proof of your claim, seeing as how I did mine yesterday (Tuesday).[/quote]

You should be the first one in line to get yours then if your not doing the Wal-Mart/Best Buy deal. My store was told to destroy all pre-sell cards before opening on 6/3, so I would assume this should have been nation wide.

[quote name='prim4444']You should be the first one in line to get yours then if your not doing the Wal-Mart/Best Buy deal. My store was told to destroy all pre-sell cards before opening on 6/3, so I would assume this should have been nation wide.[/quote]

What happens when we "assume"? :booty:

I don't really see the logic in destroying them, seeing as how the pre-order cards are actually labeled June 12-26 for pickup. They're allowing extra time for purchase, so why rip 'em up?

Unless there's limited quantities. OMG! Only 600,000 models! They'll run out just as fast as the LE Bundles! I...

...what?

This just in, LE bundle packs are STILL available.

I rest my case. It makes no sense.

PS: I am definitely doing the Wal-mart/BB deal. This is merely a backup plan.

Has anyone tried any of the TRU's in the Orange County area? And does anyone know if the release date for this bundle is different from the game's release date?

I saw the cards for the preorder at the R Zone registers in Pomona, CA this Sunday. Not sure if they're still there.

[quote name='Watchman']What happens when we "assume"? :booty:

I don't really see the logic in destroying them, seeing as how the pre-order cards are actually labeled June 12-26 for pickup. They're allowing extra time for purchase, so why rip 'em up?

Unless there's limited quantities. OMG! Only 600,000 models! They'll run out just as fast as the LE Bundles! I...
[/QUOTE]

For most retail outlets, the initial shipment of the 80gb PS3 bundle is 15,000 units spread out throughout the US, so the amount in individual stores may be QUITE limited, in fact.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=28015

I got my pre-order in last week or the week before, so I'm good to go. I did however just call the store where I put in my pre-order (Anderson, SC) and they told me that they did indeed stop taking pre-orders a few days ago. I asked why, and they flat out said that they've been told that they wouldn't have enough to fill all of the pre-orders had they continued to take them.

I asked if they would have enough for the orders already in, and they said that everyone will be good to go if you've already ordered.

[quote name='OGHowie']It also says the stores will be restocked of the 80gb bundles.[/QUOTE]

yes, but it may be a week or two before they get restocked.

[quote name='SnakeEater']Has anyone tried any of the TRU's in the Orange County area? And does anyone know if the release date for this bundle is different from the game's release date?[/quote]

I pre-ordered my bundle last Sunday at the Tustin, CA store. They had about 3 cards left.

well i just called my local TRU (granite run, PA) and they guy said they pulled their preorders..and he originally had 0 so far. The guy was tryin to say that sony cancelled the system cause a low forecast of sales

[quote name='MidnightMetal']This pre-order/reservation on 80Gb MGS4 Pack and MGS4 game is a DEAD deal, TRU B&M is no longer doing this. Might I suggest Mod if you could close this since TRU is no longer doing this.[/QUOTE]

Pre-orders are definitely over at TRU. I received a notice stating to pull all MGS4 pre-order cards. The funny thing is that I never received any in the first place.

[quote name='VashandWolfwood']Pre-orders are definitely over at TRU. I received a notice stating to pull all MGS4 pre-order cards. The funny thing is that I never received any in the first place.[/quote]

They were sent out along with the God of War PSP pre-sell and the new Guitar Hero Aerosmith(Individual Game and Bundles for all systems). Hopefully your store got the new GH ones in since the old ones only did presells on PS3 and 360.

[quote name='VashandWolfwood']Pre-orders are definitely over at TRU. I received a notice stating to pull all MGS4 pre-order cards. The funny thing is that I never received any in the first place.[/quote]

Thank you for backing this up, i post that there over and people burn me at the stake for telling them what they don't want to hear. I work very closely w/ RZone stuff, and yeah pre-orders are done.

[quote name='prim4444']They were sent out along with the God of War PSP pre-sell and the new Guitar Hero Aerosmith(Individual Game and Bundles for all systems). Hopefully your store got the new GH ones in since the old ones only did presells on PS3 and 360.[/quote]

Most stores should already have the new GH Aerosmith Bundle/Game only cards as well as getting the new GH: Aerosmith w/ $10 gift card pre-orders (gift card you get when you pick-up the game)

As I mentioned before, TRU is just my backup guarantee. I'm going for the WM $100 deal if it pans out next week.
The other reason I'm not worried is because of one simple factor: The LE bundle pack hasn't even sold out.
For a limited quanity, it sure is readily available. Given those numbers vs. the 15K per retail outlet, I'd stand to say that I have an incredibly good chance of locating one somewhere come June 12 if my WM and TRU backup fail.

^^^ at least you have a store you can go to on launch...my walmart thinks that the bundle is a GS exclusive so they dont even think they are getting any, and i cant camp at a BB or CC cause my little sisters graduation starts at 10. so basically if walmart doesnt get the bundles im S.O.L

[quote name='Watchman']The other reason I'm not worried is because of one simple factor: The LE bundle pack hasn't even sold out.
For a limited quanity, it sure is readily available. Given those numbers vs. the 15K per retail outlet, I'd stand to say that I have an incredibly good chance of locating one somewhere come June 12 if my WM and TRU backup fail.[/quote]

The majority of those who ordered the LE from Konami bought it to scalp, and in many cases to make extra money to buy the 80GB. When they saw the LE wasn't limited enough to make money, they canceled. Look how many people have canceled over in that thread.

The people who passed on the LE did so because of the cost and that the 80GB is a better value. I've read posts in many different forums that people are anticipating the 80GB bundle, both for people buying a PS3 for the first time and people who are buying a second unit.

These are going to be tough to come by in the beginning. Hopefully Sony didn't underestimate demand.

bread's done
Back