Metal Gear Solid 4. 90 Minute Cut Scenes. 4.5 GB Install [Use main MGS4 thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

j.elles

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
http://www.joystiq.com/2008/05/23/breaking-metal-gear-solid-4-to-have-really-long-cutscenes/

Man. multiple cut scenes they say each approaching 90 minutes. I for one loved Xenosaga 1-3 so this actually makes me more interested. But that is long. Longer then Xenosaga even for a single cutscene if memory serves.

An install of 4.5 GB is a lot though. I wonder how long that will take. I mean installs on my PC never take longer then 20 minutes max. I hope they put this out on PC eventually.

I think this is worth it's own thread seperate from the official thread.
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108741

Yeah, a buddy at work just told me about the 90 minute cut scenes .... sucks for me because I'm a guy that typically can only play for about 45 minutes (due to school and kids) so that's gonna be a tough pill to swallow.

I'm busy myself. I hope they include some functions to pause rewind or something. I do want to see them but... I don't have as much free time anymore myself.

[quote name='j.elles']I'm busy myself. I hope they include some functions to pause rewind or something. I do want to see them but... I don't have as much free time anymore myself.[/quote]

You can pause the cutscenes.

This is almost ridiculous, but like the way the other MGS games played out. The cutscenes were almost always entertaining, but 90 minutes is the length of a full movie.

[quote name='j.elles']I'm busy myself. I hope they include some functions to pause rewind or something. I do want to see them but... I don't have as much free time anymore myself.[/QUOTE]

They do have media player functions. The real question is if you can save in the middle and pick up where you left off.

I just can't believe this. There's no way a marketing team would allow this, even if they decided to blow a significant chunk of their production budget on such a kooky feature.

[quote name='camoor']I just can't believe this. There's no way a marketing team would allow this, even if they decided to blow a significant chunk of their production budget on such a kooky feature.[/QUOTE]

What? Why?

It's MGS. Konami probably lets Kojima Productions do what they want.

I'd install 40GB if they let me and I'd sit my ass down for a 2 hour cutscene, because it's fucking MGS4!!!!!

You really think Kojima is constrained by his marketing team? You really think Sony is going to stop Kojima in his attempt to make the final, conclusinve, decisive Metal Gear Solid, a Playstation 3 system seller? DOUBT ITTT

[quote name='CrimsonPaw']Yeah, a buddy at work just told me about the 90 minute cut scenes .... sucks for me because I'm a guy that typically can only play for about 45 minutes (due to school and kids) so that's gonna be a tough pill to swallow.[/quote]

Same. I'm lucky to get an hour at a time to play games. They better include the ability to pick up where you left off. My interest in this game is way down now.

I think the max Xenosaga ever had was 45 min of consecutive cutscenes. They did give you a save point in the middle though, so if they're smart they've done the same.

[quote name='Barnolde']What? Why?

I'd install 40GB if they let me and I'd sit my ass down for a 2 hour cutscene, because it's fucking MGS4!!!!![/quote]

I completely agree.

The 4 gig install has been pretty standard with PS3 games so far (Oblivion, GTA, HSG, ect). I prefer the minimized loading times.

The 90 minute cut-scenes will be killer because my g/f always chooses to start talking nonsense to me during cut-scenes in games (You know, the important parts0>

I knew you were going to have to install MGS4, and I knew it would be around 4-5gigs to install it. Now where is that dude at that said I was wrong at? I really find it hard to believe though that MGS4 will have 90 minute cut scenes a piece. I mean I think maybe total it will be 90 minutes, I doubt each fucking cut scene will be 90 minutes though. Jeez.

I'm so excited! =)

I don't mind long cutscenes. It's just like an interactive movie. Cool.

What? Why?

I'd install 40GB if they let me and I'd sit my ass down for a 2 hour cutscene, because it's fucking MGS4!!!!!
Hell yea man!

And on a slightly similar note... where can I find cheap 100gb+ PS3 hdd's?:roll:

[quote name='DarkNessBear']I'm so excited! =)

I don't mind long cutscenes. It's just like an interactive movie. Cool.

Hell yea man!

And on a slightly similar note... where can I find cheap 100gb+ PS3 hdd's?:roll:[/quote]

Any 2.5" SATA hard drive should work. A lot of people buy them from NewEgg.

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!

90 minute cutscenes is insane. I doubt I'll be playing this anytime soon... or possibly ever.

90 mins is too long. The egm review said total cut scenes length was 10 hours and game length is 20 total 30. I usually don't have the time to play for a 90min interval to begin with.

Heck if the content is that good just turn them into 43minute segments and sell it to a tv network as a 1 hour show. Thats about a half season summer show right there.

WTF?!! I refuse to believe there are multiple CS of 90 minutes, unless it's at the end or beginning. Or maybe backstory that's be in the menu so you can catch up on the story, instead of having massive blocks of text. As much as I love the MGS universe, I don't think I can deal with these long CS and I'll just do MGO instead.

All you complainers should just make enough sandwiches to feed yourselves for the next week or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back