Metal Gear Solid 4 Bluetooth Headset $15 YMMV

KevinMassacre

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
This isnt posted in the main post on the GS/EB final clearance days thread. Its also not listed under the accessories section in that thread, and I am too tired/buzzed to go through almost 150 pages to see if anyone mentioned this. The MGS4 bluetooth headset is $29.99 with 50% of at GS/EB during the final game days clearance sale. I just picked one up at my local game stop here in Chicago. I already have 3 headsets that I've aquired since I bought my PS3 at launch, but since I am such a huge MGS fan, I had to buy this just for my collection. I think its well worth the $15. Hope this post doesnt upset anyone that has been involved in all 140-something pages of the eb/gs clearance thread, in case i missed the mention of this deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Picture1.jpg

this is the scan. You get the 50% of because this item is part of the final days clearance sale. These headsets are discontinued.

This might be YMMV. At one Gamestop, I picked up a Logitech Driving Force Wireless Wheel for $24.99 after 50% off but the manager said he was just clearing them out of that one store.

[quote name='newlu']Promotion not found...seems like they manually adjusted the price for you, lucky for you though.[/quote]

Every receipt for every game I purchased from this final game days clearance sale says that. Since the store is at the end of my block, I can go take pictures of the bin and the remaining 2 headsets. Its not YMMV, I asked the lady who rang me up specifically so I could post about this on C.A.G. She said it is discontinued and any gamestop location carrying it is selling it 50% off.

I've read that while the headset looks pretty cool, it doesn't sound all that well with the PS3.

Anyone tried this with a PC? I'd love to have a Bluetooth mic while on Steam or something.

For argument's sake I guess I won't lay whatever reputation I have on the line. I posted my story and proof and you can all take from it what you will. I was told its a clearance item as part of the final game days sale, so I am almost positive its not YMMV. Sorry if anyone gets different results.

[quote name='KevinMassacre']For argument's sake I guess I won't lay whatever reputation I have on the line. I posted my story and proof and you can all take from it what you will. I was told its a clearance item as part of the final game days sale, so I am almost positive its not YMMV. Sorry if anyone gets different results.[/quote]
YMMV or not..a great piece of memorabilia for 15 bucks XD

Plus....it'd be kickass to have this as a phone bluetooh coupled with the codec sound as your ringtone XD

[quote name='plutoknight']YMMV or not..a great piece of memorabilia for 15 bucks XD

Plus....it'd be kickass to have this as a phone bluetooh coupled with the codec sound as your ringtone XD[/quote]

nice. haha :applause::applause:

So what's the word on quality of the headset? This for $15 or pay more and get the official Playstation one or maybe get a deal on the Socom bundle?

I don't have any bluetooth headset right now and don't really play alot of PS3 online as I do that mainly on the 360... Well I think I just convinced myself haha. Online stock thing shows the store nearest me has it in stock so i'll give it a go for $15.

Thanks Kevin and now please get me a wireless 360 headset for the same price. :D

[quote name='$hady']So what's the word on quality of the headset? This for $15 or pay more and get the official Playstation one or maybe get a deal on the Socom bundle?

I don't have any bluetooth headset right now and don't really play alot of PS3 online as I do that mainly on the 360... Well I think I just convinced myself haha. Online stock thing shows the store nearest me has it in stock so i'll give it a go for $15.

Thanks Kevin and now please get me a wireless 360 headset for the same price. :D[/quote]

I hear it's dreadful, which is why OP wanted for his collection instead of actual use.

Nice snag OP. I will check mine out. I just want one for collection purposes, being that MGS is about the only series I really go into fanboy mode for.

I personally went to a Gamestop, and it was still $30. It must be YMMV, and you're lucky if you can find it - I went to three, and found it in one.

[quote name='kart007k']can any 1 confirm this?[/quote]

I am pretty sure the OP confirmed this with his receipt picture.

Thanks OP. I need a PS3 bluetooth headset and according to GS.com, there is one in stock locally. I will head out after work.

[quote name='eau']So, it's YMMV.[/QUOTE]
Yes it is very YMMV and that's why the receipt says "promotion not found". In our district the DM wanted to clear out excess accesories that don't sell well. That's how I got the Mass Effect face plate/skin pack for $1.50. I also know he threw in Kingdom Hearts cards as well for example. Go check your local store and see what you find that has been discounted. That's about the best I can tell you.

Anyone know what is the cheapest one can get the Official PS3 Bluetooth headset? I saw it for $40 with Endwar... Maybe I should have bit on that... doh! But I really didn't care for Endwar...

Just got back from a different Gamestop in the Chicago area. Sticker still said $29 so I decided to buy it and see what it rang up at. No discount and was the full $29.

I'm thinking this was just a single occurrence at the OP's store. I don't think any other Gamestops are doing this so I wouldn't even consider this a YMMV.

[quote name='hmbtnguy']I'm thinking this was just a single occurrence at the OP's store. I don't think any other Gamestops are doing this so I wouldn't even consider this a YMMV.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Deal is dead. These aren't the droids we are looking for, move along

Same here. Rang up $29.99. The guy there said the price hadn't dropped yet. So I'm thinking it will soon, at least locally.

i didnt see any of those in the bin yesterday, I would've picked one up. It was at the mall so the selection was probably smaller than a regular GS shop.

[quote name='RandyTsai']wow look at that tax!!

and jocelyn must have had a ting for you[/quote]

Highest sales tax in the country!!! :bomb: Thanks Mayor Daley.

I went to 3 GameStops (Warwick, RI, West Warwick, RI and Seekonk, MA) and all three said it is $29.99. Topic creator was extremely YMMV.

Game Stop YMMV clearance is so rare, I've never seen one personally and am surprised a manager is even allowed to operate such sales.

[quote name='Nintendonly']I went to 3 GameStops (Warwick, RI, West Warwick, RI and Seekonk, MA) and all three said it is $29.99. Topic creator was extremely YMMV.[/QUOTE]

I think you'll have to ask them to ring it up. It list $29.99, but it should show up $14.99 in the computer.

Ill try my local during my lunch break but I have a feeling that the sticker price is gonna keep the assholes from scanning it in. Ill keep everyone posted though.

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']Stupid question, but can this be paired for computer use?[/quote]
Yes, If your computer has Bluetooth.

bread's done
Back