Metal Gear Solid 4 LE 9.99 1 Day only EBgames/Gamestop

grumpygrunt

CAGiversary!
I was downtown today and I decided to visit the one and only gamestop I know of in Canada and I was inquiring the price of MGS4 to see if I should buy it for my friend. The cashier informed me that the used copy was 34.99 and the new copy was 29.99. He then followed up by saying that tomorrow (Wednesday, July 8th) the game will be only 9.99. I forgot to ask if it's new or used but either way it's a steal and I'm fairly sure it's gonna be new because I don't think they would have overstock from used copies of the game since most gamers don't sell their best games :p

Enjoy :cool:
I will verify if it's true or not tommorow at 4:00 in the afternoon. Not sure what time zone I'm in but I'm from Toronto if that helps?

********IMPORATANT INFO**************
Edit: I did more digging and around on google and found out more about it from redflagdeals.
There seems to be a CLEARANCE DEAL like this happening almost every single day at ebgames.
http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/showthread.php?t=760165

.....Looks like I missed Prince of Persia a few days back :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh man, I don't suppose anyone would be willing to try to buy one for me (of course I'll pay for it, shipping and anything extra pending negotiation)! I don't have an EBGames accessible to me tomorrow :(

I will be buying my second PS3 game. (First was infamous)

It will join my PS3 collection of stuff to use when I get a PS3 which is currently, Firefly Season 1 BR(29.99 FS Boxing Day), Goldfinger BR Steelbook(9.99) Infamous and Kiss Kiss Bang Bang (14.99 BR)

Lucky Canadians! Anyway I would love for someone to pick me up a copy. Though, be warned, there is a small chance I may not be able to buy it from you. But if I am able to buy it, I will gladly pay for the game and shipping. Thank you so much, PM me if you pick me up a copy! Thanks again!

[quote name='uberChilders']Lucky Canadians! Anyway I would love for someone to pick me up a copy. Though, be warned, there is a small chance I may not be able to buy it from you. But if I am able to buy it, I will gladly pay for the game and shipping. Thank you so much, PM me if you pick me up a copy! Thanks again![/QUOTE]

Wow who wouldn't want to jump at a chance at an offer like that?

[quote name='grumpygrunt']I was downtown today and I decided to visit the one and only gamestop I know of in Canada [/QUOTE]

Interesting fact and only slightly off-topic:

There is a both a Gamestop and EB in Limeridge Mall in Hamilton.
Gamestop took over the old Musicworld I believe. The Gamestop is gorgeous and HUGE compared to the EB there,
which is a closet and has lineups that go out the door and around the corner.
Centre Mall is building a Gamestop for the Fall. So 2 in Hamilton soon.

If anyone in the greater vancouver area wants to do a CAG look u thing I'd be up for it. Get two copies and I'll take one off your hands.

I am going to try and hit up the lougheed, coquitlam center, and maple ridge one by the super store and see if i can get a couple for CAGs and friends (I don't horde -- Will sell at face value and I will hit the locations in that order). However, incase I can't find any... If any CAG could also try to get me a copy (I don't care if I already got my own -- Ill still pick it up if it's the LE) I would appreciate it!

My local eb stocked up with like 20 copies of MGS4, so ill try to get some for fellow CAGs, as im going to go there early in the morning( in the GTA by the way).

[quote name='ragnar14']Seriously, when is the last time you even saw the LE at EB? 99% of the copies are going to be regular.[/QUOTE]

True, I think I saw one at my local EBgames lately, but it was gutted/mostly destroyed and still selling as new! :lol:

[quote name='RoganSarine']Turtleman, is that 20 LE copies or just 20 regular copies?

I think the LE is what has everyone interested.[/QUOTE]

Yea, Im only interested in the LE one, not the regular version of. Also can anyone tell me if Canadian games are the same as US games? Like is the PS3 boxes on Canada on 2 different languages or just english?(do they have the ESRB logo rating or no?) Its just that I'd love to get the LE version but if its like a canadian version of it, then Im not really interested. thanx guys.

[quote name='grumpygrunt']
********IMPORATANT INFO**************
Edit: I did more digging and around on google and found out more about it from redflagdeals.
There seems to be a CLEARANCE DEAL like this happening almost every single day at ebgames.
http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/showthread.php?t=760165

.....Looks like I missed Prince of Persia a few days back :([/QUOTE]

Actually, there's a whole thread about these deals here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=228775

And they (RFD) stole it from us!

[quote name='darknight88']Yea, Im only interested in the LE one, not the regular version of. Also can anyone tell me if Canadian games are the same as US games? Like is the PS3 boxes on Canada on 2 different languages or just english?(do they have the ESRB logo rating or no?) Its just that I'd love to get the LE version but if its like a canadian version of it, then Im not really interested. thanx guys.[/QUOTE]

Limited Editions are generally the US versions while the regular editions are a mixed bag. They use to be more often the US versions than bilingual versions but I'm noticing that most games are bilingual versions nowadays. So to answer your question, MGS4 LE is the US version while the regular is bilingual.

[quote name='j940651']Interesting fact and only slightly off-topic:

There is a both a Gamestop and EB in Limeridge Mall in Hamilton.
Gamestop took over the old Musicworld I believe. The Gamestop is gorgeous and HUGE compared to the EB there,
which is a closet and has lineups that go out the door and around the corner.
Centre Mall is building a Gamestop for the Fall. So 2 in Hamilton soon.[/QUOTE]
The one down in Centre Mall is already open.

One more location to do T3 in the hammer! ;)

Sold out at Eatons Centre. Missed it by 2 mins.

Anyone who can find one and not need it might find a buyer in me...

Spzero don't use the word might. I got 4 different people going to 4 different EB games to try and snag a copy or two when they open in two hours.

I will try to give them back to everyone on CAG who can't get any.

I will buy a US version of Metal Gear Solid 4 (Limited Edition). I would really appreciate it. I will even throw a few extra goodies in!

PM me!

I would really like a Metal Gear Solid 4 Limited Edition (US only please. If what Usuyami says is correct, that shouldn't be a problem.). I am willing to pay the cost, tax, and shipping. I will even throw a few extra goodies in for being such a good sport about buying it for me.

I would appreciate it a lot.

PM me! :)

shipping to US is roughly $5 or more? I hope if some nice CAG gets me one, the price aint too high. For those who are tying to help everyone, A big thank you!

Sorry, guys. I tried. Edmonton City Center had zero copies from the get-go, and the manager said he himself couldn't find any copies in the rest of Edmonton because he wanted to take advantage of the deal as well. There were $9.99 used copies of the standard edition, but I didn't think anyone would be interested in that.

If I'm wrong and you do want used/standard, PM/email me (will gabriel gmail com) and I'll head down at lunch to grab a copy for anyone interested.

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']1150 points on Goozex. Go hoarders![/QUOTE]

Goozex points... Is that like Itchy & Scratchy money?

So stc, marville, eaton centre, markham/lawrence, and woodbine/highway7 ebgames are all sold out. I did however see a young woman buying it at the stc one. But it's because she knew the employee there and he had put it in the reserved cupboard for her in the morning. He was still pretty helpful. I ended up getting a copy from the woodbine/highway7 one, and learned that they actually shrinkwrap all their used games and they seem to only accept good condition cases.

The lougheed got no
copies of the le In but ten normal

coquitlam center has ten regualr and only on
le left but it will be sold by the time you go. They dis
not let me get it but I do got two copies if anyone calls dibs on it

I would call dibs but you in vancouver, unless you are willing to ship to toronto, then I would gladly pay the shipping too.

I got an extra copy, still sealed send me an offer through pm, i'll take the best, i accept paypal.

[quote name='exolstice']Goozex points... Is that like Itchy & Scratchy money?[/QUOTE]

Its 11 more games...

[quote name='Jbently']The one down in Centre Mall is already open.

One more location to do T3 in the hammer! ;)[/QUOTE]

Hamilton people are coming out of the woodwork! (get some bug spray!)
I looove Jessica at the Upper James EB. She called all the other stores for me and found a MGS4 LE for me at the Centre Mall Gamestop.
It was $9.89 used. It wasn't wrapped or sealed but it still looked like it had never been opened.
I'm pretty psyched. I just need a PS3 now and I'm all set.

Lucky^ all the stores I went too said the used LE's weren't applicable to the sale and that they didn't have them anyways.

Here's the deal for anyone wanting to call dibs on my LAST copy:

1) First dibs go to local purchasers because I got it from a store here, so I want to give back to the people who worked/couldn't make it in locally.

Gamer602, you are from the GVA right? I can't remember- but I think you were.

2) Then the dibs go to canadians. We canadians RARELY get any deals, so I'm trying to keep the deal in canada -- sorry.

I also drove to like 4 locations trying to get myself and others a copy, so I am kind of looking for $20ish just to cover the gas costs and the 4 hours I used trying to get the three

I got one from langley, one from maple ridge, and one from Coquitlam Centre Mall. As I said before, Lougheed had only one left and someone on the phone called asking for one... So i left it for him if he decided to go down.

I'm not a dick/hoarder/flipper, so I didn't want to be mean to the locals.

Also note: The one copy I still have to sell is the only non-sealed copy because all the coquitlam centre ones were "gutted". Unfortunately, this means that the LE has a sticker right on the motherfucking card board artwork at the front (I HATE fucking EB/Gamestop). Still, the price was good for anyone who wants the little blemish. The two sealed copies -- I kept one for myself, and one someone sent me a PM right after I posted the message above on my iPhone.

I'd be happy to pay $20 for the LE, I was actually looking for it when FS had it for $30. But Gamer602 is local, so he has first dibs ;)

If anyone in toronto has a extra one lemme know I'll pay cost and come and grab it and whatnot. I missed out on it everywhere around me is sold out. :(

[quote name='grumpygrunt']Lucky^ all the stores I went too said the used LE's weren't applicable to the sale and that they didn't have them anyways.[/QUOTE]Tell them to read their damn email or whatever it is. The LE was the only thing on sale. LE + used regular. Regular edition new was not on sale.

They're pretty much all gone in Vancouver except for used copies.
I almost got the LE but there were 3 guys ahead of me in line who grabbed the last ones :(
They were all gutted from what I could see.

I went to the Westbrook EB Games in Calgary around 3:30-4pm MST and they had 5 left including the one I was buying. They were also only used copies. So that location had 4 used copies (not LE) priced at $10 still there.

[quote name='Lockescythe']yeah I am willing to pay 15 tops for it since well I dont have a ps3 yet.[/QUOTE]

mine was new/gutted. it was a bitch getting the box seal round sticker off.
so the graphic has a couple rips and wrinkles as pictured. the discs are all pristine.
there was a white price tag on the game case that i Degooped right off.
if someone wants to trade it for 2 next-gen games that qualify for T3G1F
at EB i'll ship it in country.

bread's done
Back