Metal Gear Solid 4 Limited Edition (PS3) $85 EB/GameStop Exclusive

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Link

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots PS3 in collectible metal box Blu-ray DVD containing:
  • 2 Making of Documentaries of MGS4 game - interview with Kojima
  • 4 chapters of the graphic novel
  • Metal Gear Import Soundtrack CD
Additionally, customers reserving the Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots Limited Edition will receive a Gamestop Exclusive Metal Gear Solid 4 Art Book at time of purchase. Offer good while supplies last. See stores for details.
This isn't really a deal, but I just read on Joystiq that this will be an EB/GS exclusive. Sounds like the art book might only be available for pre-orders.

Maybe this isn't the right forum for this...but whatever...close enough.

Any deals for online orders? Free shipping?

If I order online, how do I get the artbook?

[quote name='prateeko']Oh, so it'll actually be limited (kinda like BioShock) then?[/quote]

The LE of MGS3: Subsistence sold out almost immediately. Not sure if it'll be the same deal with MGS4, or if it'll be like the FF12 CE (another Gamestop exclusive), which I think ended up being cheaper than the regular edition at several points.

Actually order this last night on the way home along with GTA: IV for 360.

[quote name='metaly']The LE of MGS3: Subsistence sold out almost immediately. Not sure if it'll be the same deal with MGS4, or if it'll be like the FF12 CE (another Gamestop exclusive), which I think ended up being cheaper than the regular edition at several points.[/quote]

Note that this is designated as an LE, not a CE. There was never intended to be a limited supply of the FFXII CE.

That said, I'm not really counting on this becoming worth tons of cash, but if I could play it and get back close to what I paid afterwards, I'd be happy.

Thanks! Save me $10...they used to charge a "handling fee" of $9.99. That has since gone away. Canceled my old order (thanks to their new system, huzzah!) and purchased a new one.

I put my pre-order in last week on this but there was no mention of the art book. Very cool indeed; like previously mentioned, if it's anything like Subsistance people will go ape shit over this.

mgs4_ltd_art.jpg

(via gamingbits and NeoGAF)

They just released the cover art. Looks great.

I was in EB and wanted that little DVD. And decided to get the LE just because it was MGS. That new artwork is totally worth the price.

Why is "Dualshock 3" a selling point? lame.

It looks like Konami atcually prints limited numbers, unlike the M$ Legendary thing where millions were made.

Why does it say that the CD Soundtrack is on the BD?
MGS always has a killer score, so for $25 you get better artwork, the soundtrack, and HD Docs that wont be available on youtube. Plus the artbook. That's a deal.
But why no bandana?

Well it looks like I am getting the Standard Edition. I cant stand Gamestop and buy elsewhere when I can. The LE looks cool but I dont want to give my money to them. If they had this at Best Buy I would probably get it but oh well. I guess the game is what really matters.:cry:

And $85 is a bit extreme, IMO.

Just curious but does anyone know if the MGS4 and PS3 bundle gonna be released here in the states? Cause this is whats probably gonna make me finally buy the PS3, I want the special edition but might as well get the bundle if its gonna be released together.;

[quote name='shadowrage']Why is "Dualshock 3" a selling point? lame.[/QUOTE]

Because Sony screwed up and left rumble out of the SIXAXIS and now over a year later we're just barely getting it back? Really though, I think that it's less of a selling point for the game than it is an advertisement for the DualShock 3.

I know it worked on me. =( Of course after picking one up, the one game I'd been saving to play because I was _sure_ it would support rumble -- Ninja Gaiden Sigma -- doesn't!. Bah!

[quote name='shadowrage']It looks like Konami atcually prints limited numbers, unlike the M$ Legendary thing where millions were made.[/QUOTE]

Very true. It hasn't even been that long since it's been hard to find a Halo 2 `Limited Collector's Edition.' I'm still pissed off about buying that one.

[quote name='tankass']Just curious but does anyone know if the MGS4 and PS3 bundle gonna be released here in the states? Cause this is whats probably gonna make me finally buy the PS3, I want the special edition but might as well get the bundle if its gonna be released together.;[/QUOTE]

Yes, AFAIK, the PS3 80GB MGS4 bundle (with a DS3!) will be released the same day as the game -- June 12th.

I don't have a PS3 yet, and I'm tempted to preorder it.

I bet 75-80% of preorders will end up on eBay/Amazon.

EDIT: Does anyone know what the following means? Is it upon placing the preorder or picking the item up? If the latter, then there's a slimass chance many will see the actual artbook.

Additionally, customers reserving the Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots Limited Edition will receive a Gamestop Exclusive Metal Gear Solid 4 Art Book at time of purchase. Offer good while supplies last. See stores for details.

[quote name='Caliburn']I don't have a PS3 yet, and I'm tempted to preorder it.

I bet 75-80% of preorders will end up on eBay/Amazon.

EDIT: Does anyone know what the following means? Is it upon placing the preorder or picking the item up? If the latter, then there's a slimass chance many will see the actual artbook.

Additionally, customers reserving the Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots Limited Edition will receive a Gamestop Exclusive Metal Gear Solid 4 Art Book at time of purchase. Offer good while supplies last. See stores for details.[/quote]

When you pick up the game. Also good to know a employee of GS so you can avoid a situation where the employees hoard the pre-order swag and claim they "ran out"

There are two art books. One comes with the LE (with work by Yoji Shinkawa!), and the other you can get from GS if you pre-order EITHER version of the game.

>>>I guess I should add, the pre-order art book, you get it when you go to pick up the game when it comes out. Not now like the DVD.

[quote name='CaptPete']Because Sony screwed up and left rumble out of the SIXAXIS and now over a year later we're just barely getting it back? Really though, I think that it's less of a selling point for the game than it is an advertisement for the DualShock 3. [/quote]I just love reading System Warz BS on CAG.
Yes, it's obviously because Sony wanted to piss off customers. The Immersion lawsuit had nothing to do with it.

I've had a DS3 for months now, I got it for $45 shipped (thanks CAG!) in 2007.

Anyways, packing in the DS3 + a flood of 80GBs = June will be big numbers-wise for Sony. I'm going to pre-order this bad boy tomorrow.

If only they bundled the LE w/ the console and had it available for pre-order...

Have the system pre-ordered at Game Crazy and the LE pre-ordered at GS and got the MGS V2 DVD. Definitely ready for this bad-boy.

[quote name='illini1010']Dont forget about the VERY VERY Limited Edition, Gunmetal PS3.

2401724641a005f1734aogt1.jpg
[/quote]

I want this SO bad :bouncy: .....really hope it isn't a 40gb model tho

[quote name='razgriz417']I want this SO bad :bouncy: .....really hope it isn't a 40gb model tho[/quote]

I doubt it will be cause the regular (black) edition is an 80gb (see picture 3 posts below), so this will proly be the same. if it is, then just change the hardrive yourself... its very easy to do. i personally have a 160gb harddrive but you could even go bigger.

[quote name='seanmcc']I just love reading System Warz BS on CAG.
Yes, it's obviously because Sony wanted to piss off customers. The Immersion lawsuit had nothing to do with it.[/QUOTE]

Huh? Perhaps you noticed that I mentioned `picking one up,' and that might mean that I bought a DS3 and therefore might own a PS3?

That doesn't stop me from thinking that Sony's handling of the whole Immersion lawsuit and their complete BS excuses as to why the PS3 didn't have rumble (like ``Rumble is last gen'' and ``Rumble can't work with motion sensing'') were firmly in the ``screw up'' category though. Somehow I think that if they really were thinking about their customers they would have been a little more upfront about what was going on (since everyone else already knew), or maybe would have spent more time trying to work out things with Immersion instead of holding out to the bitter end in court and being forced to remove rumble from the controller.

[quote name='seanmcc']I've had a DS3 for months now, I got it for $45 shipped (thanks CAG!) in 2007.[/QUOTE]

Good for you!

[quote name='illini1010']that one is the very rare limited edition. it will be hard to find. the one that will be in stores everywhere is a regular old black ps3. here is a pic of the box art.

lol , thanks you. You jut save me from headache ^__^

[quote name='illini1010']I doubt it will be cause the regular (black) edition is an 80gb (see picture 3 posts below), so this will proly be the same. if it is, then just change the hardrive yourself... its very easy to do. i personally have a 160gb harddrive but you could even go bigger.[/quote]
I think he's more talking about how the 40GB edition doesn't have any backwards compatibility with PS2 games. If the MGS4 PS3 was a 60GB with hardware backwards compatibility, I'd be chopping off limbs to get one. Unfortunately, that's not going to be the case.

[quote name='Teqonix']I think he's more talking about how the 40GB edition doesn't have any backwards compatibility with PS2 games. If the MGS4 PS3 was a 60GB with hardware backwards compatibility, I'd be chopping off limbs to get one. Unfortunately, that's not going to be the case.[/quote]

ahh, yea i forgot the 40gig had no backward compatibility. but the good news is that its looking like its the 80gig.

New LE boxart = worth the extra $25.

That sucks the cool looking LE PS3 is a 40GB but the LE 80GB bundle is just the plain black one.

[quote name='illini1010']ahh, yea i forgot the 40gig had no backward compatibility. but the good news is that its looking like its the 80gig.[/quote]
Really? Where'd you hear that? I'd be the first in line for it if it had an ounce of BC lol

[quote name='ravenfury']More pictures and details.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/04/10/metal-gear-solid-4-guns-of-the-patriots-%e2%80%93-product-details-revealed/#more-467[/quote]

This seems to indicate that the standard edition will also come with the art book if you preorder from GS. Is that the case? Can anyone confirm?

Site states this, just want to make sure before I go there to preorder:

[quote name='Playstation blog']
Additionally, exclusively available through GameStop, customers reserving the “Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots” Standard Edition will receive an exclusive MGS4 Art Book at time of purchase. This offer is good while supplies last, see stores for details. The MSRP of the “Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots” Standard Edition is $59.99 USD.[/quote]

[quote name='NJMane']Well it looks like I am getting the Standard Edition. I cant stand Gamestop and buy elsewhere when I can. The LE looks cool but I dont want to give my money to them. If they had this at Best Buy I would probably get it but oh well. I guess the game is what really matters.:cry:

And $85 is a bit extreme, IMO.[/quote]

You know Best Buy is the parent company of Gamstop/EBGames.

What I hate about GS is that the last two times I pre-ordered in order to get an exclusive item, I didn't get it. That "while supplies last" thing is a bitch or either the emplyees there are jerks and they keep the extras for themselves, or so I've heard.

[quote name='Korben']You know Best Buy is the parent company of Gamstop/EBGames.[/QUOTE]

What? Are you sure about this?

Where does it say Best Buy is the parent of Gamestop? From what I know they're two separate corporations. It's possible one may own some stock in the other, but nothing significant.

bread's done
Back