Metal Gear Solid 4 Limited Edition (PS3) $85 EB/GameStop Exclusive

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Link

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots PS3 in collectible metal box Blu-ray DVD containing:
  • 2 Making of Documentaries of MGS4 game - interview with Kojima
  • 4 chapters of the graphic novel
  • Metal Gear Import Soundtrack CD
Additionally, customers reserving the Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots Limited Edition will receive a Gamestop Exclusive Metal Gear Solid 4 Art Book at time of purchase. Offer good while supplies last. See stores for details.
This isn't really a deal, but I just read on Joystiq that this will be an EB/GS exclusive. Sounds like the art book might only be available for pre-orders.

Maybe this isn't the right forum for this...but whatever...close enough.

[quote name='razgriz417']Really? Where'd you hear that? I'd be the first in line for it if it had an ounce of BC lol[/QUOTE]

Nothing has been confirmed about that Gunmetal US version. Maybe it's the announcement they're teasing for Monday?

[quote name='Korben']You know Best Buy is the parent company of Gamstop/EBGames. [/quote]

False. It's actually a direct competitor.

[quote name='OGHowie']Nothing has been confirmed about that Gunmetal US version. Maybe it's the announcement they're teasing for Monday?[/quote]

Man, Monday can't get here fast enough.....never thought I'd be saying those words.....

Does the Gunmetal PS3 come with the LE version of MGS4? I want them both, but don't feel like buying two copies of the game.

[quote name='Tom Ato']Does the Gunmetal PS3 come with the LE version of MGS4? I want them both, but don't feel like buying two copies of the game.[/QUOTE]

Yes.

edit- Unless lawsuits are involved Sony doesn't really slight consumers. So I'm confident they'll put the LE version in. Plus the PS blog says it's the same as the JP version.
I could be wrong. There's still I while between Monday and July, so maybe it would be best to wait.

[quote name='shadowrage']Yes.[/quote]

Careful, we actually don't know what comes in the US version of the Gun Metal bundle just yet.

I doubt that a LE game will be packaged with the LE system, especially considering that the LE game is Gamestop exclusive, but the LE system is not confirmed as a Gamestop exclusive. Also about Best Buy owning Gamestop is totally false. I work at EB Games (don't worry I'm not a dick and I don't care if you reserve stuff :)) and we are affiliated with Barnes and Noble in some way shape or form because I get a store discount there as well.

[quote name='Korben']You know Best Buy is the parent company of Gamstop/EBGames.

What I hate about GS is that the last two times I pre-ordered in order to get an exclusive item, I didn't get it. That "while supplies last" thing is a bitch or either the emplyees there are jerks and they keep the extras for themselves, or so I've heard.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I got lucky and got helped by the one cool employee at the local GS when I preordered this, which is the only reason I got the Saga DVD. Hopefully he's working when this is released or I'll be picking up the artbook on eBay. I've gotten like three preorder bonuses in store from GS in the last two years and two of them have been from the same guy.

A limited edition that I actually feel some what compelled to order. Really the only thing that's holding me back are my plans to buy the bundle in June. Hope the gunmetal bundle has LE and hope I can get it....... Hope it's not 40GB

yeah that Limited Edition box art is one of the best I've seen in a while. Lets just hope gamestop doesn't ruin it with "gamestop exclusive" plaster over the box art somewhere (i.e. Resident Evil 4 for Gamecube). Any word if the Soundtrack that comes with it the official MGS4 Full soundtrack? We aren't getting no Bioshock type soundtrack with 3 tracks that had nothing to do with the game right?

That box art looks beautiful! :shock:

I already have the regular edition reserved only because I didn't have 10 bucks on me, but I am going to reserve the limited edition this coming week.

I have a feeling this will be quite rare. This may end up being like the Bioshock Limited Edition which I did NOT jump on. I sure jumped on this- I'm in for at least 10. If you've ever noticed anything about Limited Editions for the Metal Gear Solid series, you will know they are impossible to find.

It'sMagneto;4206170 said:
A limited edition that I actually feel some what compelled to order. Really the only thing that's holding me back are my plans to buy the bundle in June. Hope the gunmetal bundle has LE and hope I can get it....... Hope it's not 40GB

They say its goning to be very very limited, and it will be exactly like japanese version (40GB). You probably gonna need to camp out at a sony store to get them, or buy them online at a certain time.

From the playstation blog:
We are confirming that there will be a North America offering of this VERY, VERY Limited Edition bundle! This is the “gunmetal grey” PS3 – the one seen selling out in a matter of moments in Japan at the KonamiStyle web store. Stay tuned for more details on this exciting product!

Originally Posted by Korben
Best Buy is the parent company of Gamstop/EBGames.

Nope Barnes & Noble owns gamestop not BB

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamestop#Acquisition_by_Barnes_.26_Noble

Preordered one copy at a suburbanish GS that's usually good on preorders... didn't get anything, and I expect to get the LE Tin and Artbook upon pickup. The Metal Gear Saga Vol 2 disc should be a nice bonus too, whenever it's in stock. I just hope the clerk listened and charged me the LE MGS4 - the receipt notes: $10 deposit for "270209 Metal Gear Solid"

I'm going to preorder one in the city too so I have a backup and that'll increase my chances of getting the LE complete. If anything's missing from either/both preorders then GS will be refunding me on pickup, as was MGS3 Subsistence when the LE wasn't there for me.

[quote name='ravenfury']They say its goning to be very very limited, and it will be exactly like japanese version (40GB). You probably gonna need to camp out at a sony store to get them, or buy them online at a certain time.[/quote]Though, here's a thought about a really, really limited version of a console.

What happens when it breaks? It's not like they could toss another one out there as a replacement, like a regular 40GB system, so I guess they'll have to fix it, if it breaks.

[quote name='shrike4242']Though, here's a thought about a really, really limited version of a console.

What happens when it breaks? It's not like they could toss another one out there as a replacement, like a regular 40GB system, so I guess they'll have to fix it, if it breaks.[/QUOTE]

Haha. Are you thinking of Xbox 360s?

If I preorder online, will EB charge me when I place the order or when it ships? If it's the former, I'll have to preorder at a B&M. Don't have $92 to spare right now.

[quote name='Caliburn']Preordered one copy at a suburbanish GS that's usually good on preorders... didn't get anything, and I expect to get the LE Tin and Artbook upon pickup. The Metal Gear Saga Vol 2 disc should be a nice bonus too, whenever it's in stock. I just hope the clerk listened and charged me the LE MGS4 - the receipt notes: $10 deposit for "270209 Metal Gear Solid"

I'm going to preorder one in the city too so I have a backup and that'll increase my chances of getting the LE complete. If anything's missing from either/both preorders then GS will be refunding me on pickup, as was MGS3 Subsistence when the LE wasn't there for me.[/QUOTE]

Yes, 270209 is the item number for the LE version. At least that's what my reciept says, and is what was reported on GAF. The Saga discs came in last week at most stores though, so if you didn't get one when you pre-ordered you may not get one. =( I'd call the store back and ask!

My store claimed that they would call when they came in, but nobody ever did of course. I was so nervous about not getting one after being shafted on my Saga Vol. 1 AND my LE copy of Subsistence (although amazingly enough the store did eventually find me a copy of the game...never did get Saga) that I kept a lookout for reports online of stores getting them and then just pestered them until they came in.

[quote name='CaptPete']Yes, 270209 is the item number for the LE version. At least that's what my reciept says, and is what was reported on GAF. The Saga discs came in last week at most stores though, so if you didn't get one when you pre-ordered you may not get one. =( I'd call the store back and ask!

My store claimed that they would call when they came in, but nobody ever did of course. I was so nervous about not getting one after being shafted on my Saga Vol. 1 AND my LE copy of Subsistence (although amazingly enough the store did eventually find me a copy of the game...never did get Saga) that I kept a lookout for reports online of stores getting them and then just pestered them until they came in.[/quote]

Thanks for confirming that, and fuck fuck fuck to the clerk who didn't give me the MGS Vol 2 DVD last night.

Hopefully it will still be there Monday or Tuesday, but the clerk on the phone said their "quantities are limited" and he couldn't set one aside. What a load of crap.

[quote name='lanzarlaluna']If I preorder online, will EB charge me when I place the order or when it ships? If it's the former, I'll have to preorder at a B&M. Don't have $92 to spare right now.[/QUOTE]

I believe when you preorder from anywhere online, they'll check your card to see if theres funds in it. So you may see a $92 pending charge during the next few days on your online statement after you place your order online, but it should go way after.

[quote name='the3rdkey']Haha. Are you thinking of Xbox 360s?[/quote]No, I'm not. Sony does the same routine, from what I've been told, that MS does for console repair, they send out a different system to replace the one you have.

[quote name='shrike4242']No, I'm not. Sony does the same routine, from what I've been told, that MS does for console repair, they send out a different system to replace the one you have.[/QUOTE]

It will be identical to the standard system whether it's 40gb or 80gb. They'll just do a case swap.

[quote name='CaptPete']Yes, 270209 is the item number for the LE version. At least that's what my reciept says, and is what was reported on GAF. The Saga discs came in last week at most stores though, so if you didn't get one when you pre-ordered you may not get one. =( I'd call the store back and ask!

My store claimed that they would call when they came in, but nobody ever did of course. I was so nervous about not getting one after being shafted on my Saga Vol. 1 AND my LE copy of Subsistence (although amazingly enough the store did eventually find me a copy of the game...never did get Saga) that I kept a lookout for reports online of stores getting them and then just pestered them until they came in.[/quote]

i'm lookin at my old and new reserve lists. the regular edition i preordered at GS before the LE was announced is 270173. make sure you get 270209 and put $10.00 down if you want the LE, as i think they usually ask for $10 on limited editions anyway.

[quote name='DrunknDragun']I believe when you preorder from anywhere online, they'll check your card to see if theres funds in it. So you may see a $92 pending charge during the next few days on your online statement after you place your order online, but it should go way after.[/quote]Yeah, you're right. Somehow I missed this in the shopping cart:

"Pre-order Tip
We won’t charge you until your order is processed for shipment, so keep shopping."

So for the LE, does the artbook come in the box or is it a separate item?

I thought the art book was a separate item, but the GS store said it is in the package.... I could not confirm it on material I came across on the net.

[quote name='bassec']How is gamestop.com handling the beta disks? Anyone know?[/quote]

I emailed them and they said they are shipping the bonus dvd out with the game and they are emailing beta keys out.

[quote name='Rodrigo18']I emailed them and they said they are shipping the bonus dvd out with the game and they are emailing beta keys out.[/quote]

Well considering the beta keys are inside the Bonus DVD, I don't see how that is accurate...

[quote name='bassec']Well considering the beta keys are inside the Bonus DVD, I don't see how that is accurate...[/quote]

If you dont want to believe me then fine, but heres the copy/pasted email.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting GameStop.com.

The bonus DVD will ship out with the actual game on the release date.
The Beta key will be sent out via email within the next couple of days.

Either they have a separate stock of DVDs without the insert, or people can expect their DVDs to be covered in greasy fingerprints from someone at the facility opening up the case to get the key out. :)

[quote name='grumpier']the cases were not wrapped anyhow[/QUOTE]
you mean the Saga DVD? Mine was, they probably checked yours to be sure its in there or to copy the beta code.

The one I got from BB was sealed too (I have a preorder of the LE from gamestop.com so I got one from BB just in case the emailing beta codes goes fubar).

[quote name='bassec']Well considering the beta keys are inside the Bonus DVD, I don't see how that is accurate...[/quote]
My guess is that Konami can generate keys at will and Gamestop will just distribute them out to all those that pre-ordered. Afterall, the key inside the DVD will not work when you get it anyway.

bread's done
Back