Metal Gear Solid 4 Limted Edition Guide for $19.79 on Amazon

I just ordered this yesterday. It has no indication of what makes it limited though. And I must correct you, you can actually get this for $18.80 because Amazon is giving 5% off all book pre-orders right now. :lol:

Does amazon have the limited edition game?

And which version is the most exclusive edition of the game, with all the stuff for collectors(that isn't Japanese)?

I just ordered this yesterday. It has no indication of what makes it limited though. And I must correct you, you can actually get this for $18.80 because Amazon is giving 5% off all book pre-orders right now. :lol:

Does amazon have the limited edition game?

And which version is the most exclusive edition of the game, with all the stuff for collectors(that isn't Japanese)?

[quote name='Marlowe']When can I preorder the MGS PS3 80 Gigger? When? Oh lord, when?!?[/QUOTE]

AMEN to that brother! I check Gamestop's website multiple times a day waiting for it to be put up!

[quote name='(psp)snake']why get it? guides are rlly useless nowadays when theres sites like ign that post them up for free[/QUOTE]

There are gamers who want physical copies of games/guides in their collection. Instead of downloading the classic games on 360/Wii etc., I have the physical games in my extensive collection. Many people like to collect and show off that collection as well as play as many games as possible. Its nice to see all those boxes lined up knowing the games are complete and whatnot. Same goes for guides. Some people have bookshelves (myself included) lined with game guides. I love the artwork in a lot of them, especially the limited edition versions. Again, its the physicality of the guide that you can pick up and read/enjoy the artwork, whatever. Hell, this even can be true of music as I know people that still buy CD's and have extensive collections even though you can download digital versions of every song cheaper than buying the CD.

[quote name='addicted2games']There are gamers who want physical copies of games/guides in their collection. Instead of downloading the classic games on 360/Wii etc., I have the physical games in my extensive collection. Many people like to collect and show off that collection as well as play as many games as possible. Its nice to see all those boxes lined up knowing the games are complete and whatnot. Same goes for guides. Some people have bookshelves (myself included) lined with game guides. I love the artwork in a lot of them, especially the limited edition versions. Again, its the physicality of the guide that you can pick up and read/enjoy the artwork, whatever. Hell, this even can be true of music as I know people that still buy CD's and have extensive collections even though you can download digital versions of every song cheaper than buying the CD.[/quote]

Also, some people don't won't to have to run to the computer every time they need help in a game. I also don't want to use the extra electricity just to find where an item in a game is.

[quote name='blaked569']the prima site describes the LE guide as hardcover, but the amazon listing says paperback. anybody know what the deal is?[/quote]
If Prima's site is saying the guide is hardcover, then chances are that's what it's going to be - Amazon's descriptions aren't the most up-to-date things this far away from release.

question...does amazon charge your credit card when the item is shipped or when you order it? I wanna get this, but i'm not getting a ps3 until june/july (waiting for the bundle/bday).

if you guys need a filler for super saver shipping, they have the gtaIV guide for like 13 bucks after the 5% preorder discount. That gives you both guides for a little over 30 bucks...not too shabby

also..im not sure if you guys remember but you can get 2 day shipping for free. All you gotta do is make a new account (just need a different email) and you can get a free 1 month trial of prime free.

Go to this link, but make sure you log out first:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/subs/primeclub/signup/main.html

ordered, thanks!

one question, I signed up for the amazon prime trial.. if I cancel the trial within the month, will I still get 2day free for this order when it is shipped out in June? couldn't find it in their help/faq section. thanks

I need this, even though I hope to not use it on the first play through of the game it's still awesome for a Metal Gear Solid fan. I picked a couple action figures up on ebay yesterday and just finished MGS1 again, trying to build some hype for myself.:)

[quote name='DiddlyKong']Ordered from gamestop.com and got 10% off with my edge card. But still $2.99 for shipping :([/quote]

don't forget the tax. ;_;

Thanks for the heads up on the GTA IV guide. I am shocked it is only $13.50.
The only 3 guides that were worth it to me were MGS2 and 3, GTA (all three) and Half Life 2(maybe Bioshock but I never got it)
Great deal is it is truly a LE version.

Queston #1, why the MGS4 LE guide is 6/3 and the game is 6/12? Never pre-order guides before so pardon me for the newbie question.

[quote name='DiddlyKong']I don't know if i'm going to keep this. I think I jumped the gun.[/quote]

with the new system, it's easy to cancel on their site. i'm so glad i dont need to email their CSR to cancel orders anymore. ^^

The people who say guides are useless are dumb. I collect guides for games i like because 1 day they become collectables and I like looking at the pics also I can use the guide for help and not have to leave the room to look at the computer and what if you don't have internet :l

[quote name='(psp)snake']why get it? guides are rlly useless nowadays when theres sites like ign that post them up for free[/quote]Because its an LE, ah dur!

That & some people don't feel like having the PC on just to get past something &/or don't have or use a printer much.

First guide i've gotten in awhile. This is MGS4 though- for people that know me i LOVE MGS!!!! and this is more than worth it. $18.80 + $84.99 (LE MGS4 at GameStop :)) = 103.79

:(

[quote name='DrunkMasterChief']LOL I KNOW 100 dollars I will spend on mgs plus gta 4 collectors edition 200:(

Is this the official collectors edition guide[/quote]

Good point. Let me correct myself.

103.79 + 79.99 = 183.78

Anybody offer loans? :D

bread's done
Back