Metal Gear Solid 4 Limted Edition Guide for $19.79 on Amazon

nice they lowered the price on amazon, had it before for 25 with gold box deal. Now shows as 17.80 :p

Good deal but if your going to spend 20 bucks on a game guide why not just get the MGS essentials collection with free shipping on Amazon? If you already have it I would buy this though.

[quote name='Ragekod']Just pre-ordered mine from GS since it's from Prima and not Piggyback.[/QUOTE]

I think there the same. On the Prima site it says that Piggyback is the author for this guide. Well atleast there the same price.

[quote name='katieisawesome']note that gamestop.com also has it listed for the 19.99 price[/quote]
Funny...I checked it this morning and it was definitely $29.99 on GameStop.com

[quote name='DrunknDragun']I think there the same. On the Prima site it says that Piggyback is the author for this guide. Well atleast there the same price.[/quote]
Yeah, I checked the ISBN number on Amazon against the one on Prima's website...its the same book.

Amazon just updated with the (paperback) next to the title, hmmmm.. Im hoping it's going to be hardback, I will wait it out.

The 2 ISBN # listed on Amazon:
  • ISBN-10: 076155968X
  • ISBN-13: 978-0761559689
Does this indicate one being Hard Cover and one Being Paperback?

[quote name='Marlowe']When can I preorder the MGS PS3 80 Gigger? When? Oh lord, when?!?[/quote]Go to Game Crazy. I preordered mine last week.

Can someone clarify for me:

If I was to get this book and the GTA4 guide, and activate the free month of Amazon Prime for my account, how can I get the fastest/cheapest shipping? I want to be able to get the GTA4 guide when its released, before the MGS4 guide.

I know when I had Amazon Prime I preordered a whole bunch of things which shipped after the subscription ended - it still was shipped with free two day

[quote name='CheapyD']No, the ISBN system changed this year to a 13 digit system. Its the same item.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Standard_Book_Number

There is no paperback version listed on Prima's website. It seems like there is only one version of the Limited Edition Guide and it is hardcover.[/QUOTE]

Good enough for me to order. Thanks Cheapy. Oh and by the way congrats on the 5 year anniversary of the site. The site is officially a half decade old.

The Amazon description for the MGS4 LE guide is still questionable, not that it's an entirely different guide or anything, but still mind boggling... GS.com's order for me is $1.50 more than Amazon (GTA IV and MGS4 LE guides). I'm inclined to go with GS.com, not only the description is more accurate, but also anything happens to the books once delivered, i can easily exchange/refund them in the B&M stores. Also, with Amazon's free shipping, i probably don't get GTA IV guide in June or something. GS.com ships the guides separately...

[quote name='cdietschrun']My Amazon order says my GTA guide will be here April 23.[/quote]

Not if you combine it with the MGS4 LE guide to get the free shipping...

[quote name='Serpentor']Not if you combine it with the MGS4 LE guide to get the free shipping...[/quote]

Sure it is. I chose ship them separately, 2 day air was free for both items with Amazon prime.

I ordered the game and the guide for the total of $73 shipped!
I got the %5 pre order discount AND on top of that a $5 magazine promo???
Great deal, thanks a lot!

bread's done
Back