Metal Gear Solid 4 PS3 Bundles

I've been waiting also. I think read somewhere a June 15th release date? I've been waiting to buy one and I almost bout the 40 gig, but for $100 I'll wait for the bundle.

Anyone heard any new info on this? Exact release dates or anything? It's less than a month now and I'm starting to get REALLY antsy and I'm sure the employees at GameStop are getting sick and tired of me asking about it.

You can also sign up to be notified when it is available at the official Sony store (www.sonystyle.com).

I probably won't be buying it from them, but I signed up to at least be notified by email when they have it available for order or pre-order.

According to the sony rep that comes into the BestBuy I work at, the new 80gb model was not supposed to have backwards compatibility he said that could change but likely would not.(This was about a month ago when I asked to confirm the rumor of the 160, and got this tidbit instead).

So that means 40 GB PS3 400$+Limited Edition MGS 84.99$+Dual Shock 3 55.99$=I'd say about 550$ if you bought that stuff without using the bundle. I guess the special color and bundle make up for the 50$

[quote name='RaidenMGS3']Anyone heard any new info on this? Exact release dates or anything? It's less than a month now and I'm starting to get REALLY antsy and I'm sure the employees at GameStop are getting sick and tired of me asking about it.[/quote]

Don't bother asking Gamestop. They aren't doing preorders so more than likely it'll be very limited.

[quote name='LeafPanda']So that means 40 GB PS3 400$+Limited Edition MGS 84.99$+Dual Shock 3 55.99$=I'd say about 550$ if you bought that stuff without using the bundle. I guess the special color and bundle make up for the 50$[/QUOTE]

I'm so confused now. Is there a 40gb AND an 80gb version of the bundle?

RaidenMGS3: Yes, there are two bundles. One is a 40 GB Metal-Grey PS3, which costs a $100 more ($599.99). The other is a black 80GB PS3 ($499.99) Both have MGS4 and dual shock 3.

[quote name='homerojay']RaidenMGS3: Yes, there are two bundles. One is a 40 GB Metal-Grey PS3, which costs a $100 more ($599.99). The other is a black 80GB PS3 ($499.99) Both have MGS4 and dual shock 3.[/QUOTE]

Ahh, thank you.

This 40gb came out of nowhere, so it really caught be off guard. That's a heck of a price for a shiny finish....

[quote name='RaidenMGS3']Ahh, thank you.

This 40gb came out of nowhere, so it really caught be off guard. That's a heck of a price for a shiny finish....[/QUOTE]

agreed on the price of the shiny finish, I will just take the 80 gb model and be happy, now all I have to do is wait in line for it at my local gamestop for a day (please let the weather be good!

The extra cost of the 40 gig one makes me assume that there won't be much trouble finding the 80 gig bundle since they wouldnt limit production of the ceaper one with a better system :) It will probably be around for months like the motorstorm which means I get to buy one.

Well, the MGS Gunmetal PS3 is very, very limited. Pre-orders start monday, get your clicking fingers ready.
If happy's predictions are correct it will give me time to get the 80 gig with Solid Snakes face.

[quote name='RaidenMGS3'] That's a heck of a price for a shiny finish....[/quote]

This.

[quote name='jennie25']agreed on the price of the shiny finish, I will just take the 80 gb model and be happy, now all I have to do is wait in line for it at my local gamestop for a day (please let the weather be good![/quote]

This.

[quote name='happy']The extra cost of the 40 gig one makes me assume that there won't be much trouble finding the 80 gig bundle since they wouldnt limit production of the ceaper one with a better system :) It will probably be around for months like the motorstorm which means I get to buy one.[/quote]

and This. As long as Blockbuster carries, I'm good. 80 gb + B/C + $100 less =win. :D

[quote name='LeafPanda']Well, the MGS Gunmetal PS3 is very, very limited. Pre-orders start monday, get your clicking fingers ready.
If happy's predictions are correct it will give me time to get the 80 gig with Solid Snakes face.[/quote]

Hate to rain on your parade, but that simulated reflection of Snake crouching next to a PS3 was just that. Simulated. It's a standard shiny black finish, no markings for the 80 gig.

Amazon for me instead of waiting in lines. I've survived this long without a PS3, I can wait a few more days for shipping I guess.

[quote name='Watchman']Hate to rain on your parade, but that simulated reflection of Snake crouching next to a PS3 was just that. Simulated. It's a standard shiny black finish, no markings for the 80 gig.[/quote] Dam Oh well.

If the gun metal system was 80gb I would go for it. But I can't talk myself into it like others can. Maybe if I saw some high res photos of the pant job.

I thought the same thing about the 40GB gun metal bundle and was going to get the 80GB. Instead, I got caught up in the hype and liked it so I bought one last night. Picked up a 250GB drive to put in it as soon as it comes too. I don't need PS2 BC since I don't get rid of systems, so to me it was worth it.

[quote name='the_punisher']Almost 100% compatible, but not perfect. All major games shouldn't be affected, so i wouldn't make it a deal breaker.[/quote]

Im a little confused, when I looked at buy.com it specifically said:

"PLEASE NOTE: This version of the PlayStation 3 is NOT backwards compatible with PlayStation 2 games."

See for yourself at the very end of the product summery: http://www.buy.com/prod/playstation...ack-80gb-dualshock-3/q/loc/108/207932546.html

Please advise.

bread's done
Back