Metal Gear Solid 4 w/Bonus DVD...Limited Edition? Walmart.com

[quote name='animemaniac14']i am currently looking on walmart.com and I was wondering if this:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=9447232

is the limited edition of MGS4? i can't tell from reading the description and the pic obviously doesn't indicate it as so but i know the DVD only comes with the limited edition...can anyone help explain this to me o_O[/quote]

Actually Metal Gear Saga V2 comes with preorders, they must of had some left over. It's not the limited edition though, as far as I know, only gamestop sells it.

This is just the regular edition of MGS4 with the MGS Saga 2.0 dvd. The Saga 2.0 dvd is completely different from Gamestop's MGS4 LE bonus interview blu ray. You also get a beta code for MGO, but that is not needed anymore

[quote name='animemaniac14']so the best way to get LE is order from gamestop? is it really worth it, out of curiosity?[/quote]It's the only way to get it, as it's a GS exclusive.

Not counting eBay, of course.

There are a few GS locations around my area that still have the MGS 4 LE in stock. I don't know about the pre-order artbook. Doesn't seem like it is that difficult to find at regular price.

[quote name='animemaniac14']but is it worth it? like do the extras that come with it really warrant the price?[/quote]

If you think $25 extra is worth the different looking box and a blu ray containing interviews with Kojima and staff on making the game then yes it is and if not, just get the regular version

[quote name='animemaniac14']but is it worth it? like do the extras that come with it really warrant the price?[/QUOTE]

I picked up the LE myself and can honestly tell you that it is only worth it for the hardcore fans. The reason I say that is because the box is simply a hard condensed cardboard (like some anime box sets) and a glued on art image on the front. Granted, it looks nice... but those who are really into LE for the packing might be disappointed. Once you open the box (which opens up from the top as a slide off), you will find the game in a traditional PS3 box with the same art as the regular edition (except the "not for resale" barcode that appears on the one in the LE). The second case is a traditional BR case with a BR disc that has a lot of stuff on MGS4 like interviews, docs, etc. Also enclosed is a copy of the Soundtrack. Going along with what I said above, it is not the worst LE I have seen and not the best. Only a buy for those who are hardcore MGS fans or those who are heavy game collectors. I am glad that I picked it up because I personally don't care for the US box art and don't find it worth it to import a UK copy just for the litho. This solved my issue and also gave me a bonus disc with a soundtrack and some other stuff. Plus, I know it will probably be hard to find in the future if I decided to change my mind. You might want to search for "Metal Gear Solid 4 LE Unboxing" on youtube or whatnot for some visual help. Best of luck on your decision man!

bread's done
Back