Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (360) $29.99 @ Newegg & Amazon (DEAD)

roymustang

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Only the 360 version for now. Seems like a good deal, better than Kmart's $34.99 BF deal anyway.

360 Version on Newegg

Note: It says the regular price is $39.99 but that's a mistake it's actually $49.99 so it's $20 off.

UPDATE: Amazon matched Newegg on the 360 version but the PS3 version is still $49.99 sadly.

360 Version on Amazon

UPDATE2:Newegg raised the price to $39.99. I'm guessing that it was actually supposed to be $39.99 from the beginning. Amazon still has it for $29.99 but will probably switch it once they get wind of Newegg's change.

UPDATE3: Amazon adjusted it to $39.99 to match Newegg, the deal is dead, I doubt we'll see that price again for a while so I hope you got it while it was live.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='lito88']is the PS3 version better?[/QUOTE]

i just prefer metal gear be played with a playstation controller.

[quote name='lito88']is the PS3 version better?[/QUOTE]

Nah, they're the same, the only thing is the PS3 version can share save data with the PSP version of Peace Walker. I heard a rumor that the PS3 version was going to include a code to download the PSN version of Peace Walker for PSP, don't know if it's true, but if it is and you're interested in that then go for the PS3 version, if not then just go waith whatever controller you like to play with better and if you'd rather have trophies or achievements.

[quote name='kobeisgod']I submitted price to amazon using 360 link. Who knows maybe they'll drop the price on both versions[/QUOTE]

bloody brilliant :) though Newegg better do it for the ps3 version, they just gave me $10 gift card because it took them a week to ship MW3 to me

[quote name='xewndar1']bloody brilliant :) though Newegg better do it for the ps3 version, they just gave me $10 gift card because it took them a week to ship MW3 to me[/QUOTE]

Yeah I got a $10 gift card from them for that very same reason as well so it came to only $19.99, couldn't pass that up.

[quote name='209chromatic']You guys are lucky. I ordered the HE for Xbox but got the ps3 version was expecting a $10 for Amazons mistake but didn't get anything[/QUOTE]

Did you bitch about it to them? Did they at least ship you out the 360 version next day air or something? I mean it's the biggest entertainment launch in the history of the world, if there's one game not to fuck up orders on its that one.

Wow, I'm gonna go ahead and graph it. I was planning on getting the ps3 version, but I'll get this and then the ps3 one later I guess. I love MG!

Thank you New Egg and OP!!!!!!! this is the only game I wanted on BF and so far it hasn't been on sale anywhere except Kmart and there isn't one in Houston. This was my first purchase from Newegg and will not be my last =) I am so happy right now.

YES!! Thx OP.

I was on the fence (PS3 versus 360), but this post made the decision easier. Plus, I can now skip Kmart on BF, the price there would have been $37 w/tax, and who knows how many copies they would have of this title.

[quote name='roymustang']Nah, they're the same, the only thing is the PS3 version can share save data with the PSP version of Peace Walker. I heard a rumor that the PS3 version was going to include a code to download the PSN version of Peace Walker for PSP, don't know if it's true, but if it is and you're interested in that then go for the PS3 version, if not then just go waith whatever controller you like to play with better and if you'd rather have trophies or achievements.[/QUOTE]

Before you bite on the 360 version though!

Know that a few concessions has to be made because of the differences between the 2 controllers (and the 360's lack of pressure sensitivity) -- It likely only affects menus in MGS2/3/PW, but MGs2 would be the most heavily affected (it's be hard to hold an AKS-74 at bay without firing!)

I think there are some other odd controller quirks that make it just less desirable on the 360. I don't think its by any means unplayable, but if that bothers you, don't jump on the 360 one.

Though, with a $20 price difference...I'd be heavily considering the 360 version too!

Sweet OP I was waiting for a deal on this game for awhile since $49.99 is too steep for me right now $30 is an excellent price. In for 1

I want this. I know I want this and I know I can get it. Will I be able to play it? Sure. Will I? Not for a while. Agh. >

Really want this but my daughter was just born the other day and I got a nice backlog going as it is. Probably woulda bit at $20 if i didnt have ao many games that I already wont have time to play.

[quote name='ssjmichael']There's like way too many deals bombarding me at once and Black Friday hasn't even started yet:whee:[/QUOTE]

I agree with you, Gonzo. :( I'm on a tight budget; finally decided on a date with the fiancée so all I can do is save, save, save. :( only thing I'm eyeing is the SE Zelda 3DS.

Makes sense the 360 version will see more sales, as the core MGS audience are probably Sony fans, whereas people who own a 360 probably owned an XBOX and never got into the series, save for the port of MGS2

bread's done
Back