Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (360) $29.99 @ Newegg & Amazon (DEAD)

roymustang

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Only the 360 version for now. Seems like a good deal, better than Kmart's $34.99 BF deal anyway.

360 Version on Newegg

Note: It says the regular price is $39.99 but that's a mistake it's actually $49.99 so it's $20 off.

UPDATE: Amazon matched Newegg on the 360 version but the PS3 version is still $49.99 sadly.

360 Version on Amazon

UPDATE2:Newegg raised the price to $39.99. I'm guessing that it was actually supposed to be $39.99 from the beginning. Amazon still has it for $29.99 but will probably switch it once they get wind of Newegg's change.

UPDATE3: Amazon adjusted it to $39.99 to match Newegg, the deal is dead, I doubt we'll see that price again for a while so I hope you got it while it was live.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just bought this. Owning both PS3 and 360, I tend to like achievements more - and more of my friends are on the 360. I own the original mgs2 and mgs3 for ps2 that I ocassionally play on ps3 as well.

Okay.. i had to jump on that.. that was too good to pass up.. 3 amazing games for 30 bucks? and 2000 achievement points? Yeah i had to.. thank you very much for posting this man!

[quote name='sneezebu']Just curious, why is this 2k instead of 3k gscore? Is it close to even or are 2&3 split into 1k?[/QUOTE]
IIRC in Japan MGS2 and 3 were bundled together as one release with its own 1000, and Peace Walker was a separate release with another 1000.

I was debating on this one but since I had a $30 Amazon gift card I decided to go ahead and get it before they raise they price like NewEgg did. :applause:

I committed. What a classic set of games for an awesome price. It's been so long since I played, and I've always wanted to keep playing these games. This is one HD collection I will cherish.

Never actually played any of these so real excited to give them a go. I did beat MGS 4 and really liked it. I just wish there was a remake of MGS1 so we got the whole console collection besides MGS4

[quote name='segasaturnsnk']That was a couple of WEEKS ago lol. I don't know, you can go ahead and try and maybe get lucky. Do chat, see where that goes, if nothing, do it the next day, and if still no, don't bother anymore.
[/QUOTE]

Sure it was 2 weeks ago the collection was released, but they have a 30 day return policy normally, and actually they are now doing a special holiday extended return policy.

I just sent CS an email, asking for a refund for the difference so I don't have to go through the returns process.

Of course, I didn't actually tell them I can't return it since I opened it already, haha. We'll see if they call my bluff, or they take pity on me. :D

[quote name='Rumors']I'm guessing because silicon knights partnered with Nintendo had a big hand in twin snakes. Plus iirc there's a mario and yoshi doll in it

Hopefully amazon matches Kmart on the ps3 later this week. Id rather pay the extra $5 for the ps3 version.[/QUOTE]

lately I have been seeing this however, where did you see that kmart is selling the ps3 version for 34.99? this has NOT been confirmed in ANY bf ads at all.

Amazon refunded me the price difference!!!

First representative didn't, so I sent another email and someone else refunded me.

Pretty cool

[quote name='N4M3LE5S']lately I have been seeing this however, where did you see that kmart is selling the ps3 version for 34.99? this has NOT been confirmed in ANY bf ads at all.[/QUOTE]

Check the BF thread. It's in the OP.

[quote name='boylover']Amazon refunded me the price difference!!!

First representative didn't, so I sent another email and someone else refunded me.

Pretty cool[/QUOTE]

It's cool yes, but I would lay low for a while now on such things, you don't wanna get banned from Amazon like that one CAG did.

[quote name='lordopus99']Pulled the trigger today on it for fear this might be the best deal for a while.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I am totally with you... Never played any of the MGS games so I figured now would be a good time to snag it and give it a go.

saw this when i was at work around 4 am central time on the gamefaqs board and someone mentioned it was only a one day sale. and the thread was created on the 21st, so i figured id jump on it.

looks like i made the right choice since its already back up

bread's done
Back